My menu.......Please let this help.

It may be a week or maybe even 2 if you are unlucky Cheryl.

and you may have to experiment with dropping the S/F stuff or Cheese.

see

Low-Carb Pavilion -- Hidden Carbs

Ok think ive got this right. If i count cream as 0.6carbs per ounce and cheese as 0.5 per ounce and cut out anything with glucose and dextrose, i should be ok? Is there any other ingredients i should be avoiding?

Don't rely on ketostix to determine whether or not you are in ketosis. They are unreliable at best. Use of them is now largely discouraged when doing Atkins.

You can be in ketosis without ever changing the colour on one of those stix!

Citrix in products stalls some people Cheryl.

how do you know not in ketosis hon ?

My wee doesnt change the little box. I have good ones too. Ssshhhhh......Dont tell anyone.......I got them from the hospital (well a friend at the hospital)! Lol
What is citrix?

What a dumb bum am i? Citric as in citric acid????? Lol
So how do i know im in ketosis without the colour on the stick changing?

ah they must be different to the ones i have mine are bayer i think and little square on end changes colour.

if you are in deep ketosis you'll often have a metal like taste in your mouth, bad breath, BO and stinky pee. :D

Oh and yes, citric acid is right love.

These are from the hospital and test for everything so i would have thought they would show. How do you all know if your strips dont change?

are they ketosis strips though? not test for everything surely - pregnancy aswell lol :D

Yes hun. They have 7 boxes for different things like urine infections and the 4th box down in a ketosis box. It has 4 different shades starting in white and finishes in purple. White is not in ketosis and thats what mine has been showing

My pee smells stronger and is much more frequent (tell that to a dr and weyhey you have a urine infection) i do get horrible tastes in my mouth but i have done since i suffered bells palsy so put it down to that.

and how long you been doing it for? Have you been drinking lots and lots of water? if so it might not show. well at least you dont have infection lol :)

Lol there is that! This is my 3rd week and yes i always drink loads. So maybe its too watered down..........We live in hope!
Right ladies and Gents im off to get ready for a horrid night duty 7pm til 7am and i was up at 7am today. I wont get in til at least 8.30 tomorrow so wish me luck. xx

best of luck x speak tommorrow x

Morning Cheryl, how did your night's work go love?

Back