My MILdied this morning

fillymum

synful soul
We are so sad and so shocked.

We got the phone call at work this morning.

Sorry for your loss x

Awful thing to happen any time of year but seems worse at this time. Hope your OH is managing ok.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time x x

Oh no, so sorry to hear your very sad news. I do hope that Paul & you are coping ok. Take Care of urselves. Love BB XXXXXX

So sorry for your loss :(

I think the worst thing for Paul is that first he had to establish his relationship to his mother with the hospital when she was taken in last Monday. We managed to do that. He then had to have a password before they would tell him anything.

We are not unintelligent people and do understand the need for patient confidentiality.

We were told she had shingles and *underlying conditions *. We phoned everyday.

Paul was never allowed to speak to his mum and he was not given a patient direct line number. We now know why. She would not have been able to answer him if he had.

Last night when he phoned he was told she was improving, which we are sure she was at that time, but was on a drip because she needed re hydrating.

We have discovered since her death this morning that for the last four days she was on oxygen, being fed via a tube and being re hydrated. No one told us that.

It is so difficult when you are in another country. If Paul had been told the truth he would have had the opportunity to fly over and say goodbye to his mum.

I feel quite cross on his behalf. I hope I am not being unreasonable because I feel I am not an unreasonable person and try to see each side of any situation but I think this is a case of total mismanagment of a situation.

Paul has been cheated out of seeing his mum for one last time because of some bloody stupid rule.

Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear your bad news. I too would be very cross. When I lost Dad last year the nurses were aware that I live 200 miles away and would bend the rules when I travelled down to Wales to see him.

When the time is right I think you should put pen to paper and write a complaint - there are official channels regarding complaints these days and I think this point needs to be raised in order for such petty rules to be changed.

My sincere sympathy xx

Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear your bad news. I too would be very cross. When I lost Dad last year the nurses were aware that I live 200 miles away and would bend the rules when I travelled down to Wales to see him.

When the time is right I think you should put pen to paper and write a complaint - there are official channels regarding complaints these days and I think this point needs to be raised in order for such petty rules to be changed.

My sincere sympathy xx
I agree with you and I will complain . First by phone on Monday and then follow it up in writing.

Perhaps it might mean that another family will avoid what Paul is going through.

Really sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you x

So sorry for you & Paul's loss.

:hug99:

(((Sue & Paul))) I cant even begin to imagine how you are feeling at the moment but wanted to send my love and condolences to you both. How awful that the hospital have been so entirely useless in their communications. Complaining wont bring that opportunity back, but maybe it will help someone else in a similar situation in future. Its unthinkable that she was in such a terrible state and Paul wasnt kept properly informed.

Hugs to you both, will be thinking of you over the coming days and weeks. xxx

Back