My mission to be a Princess

Tara, I also have a busy work schedule (although I have a day off today :)) and one of the reasons that this diet is so easy is because you can prepare the 'meal' in less than 5 minutes without having to worry about what to buy beforehand and the length of time to prepare it (plus I'm no cook!). Good luck with your journey - it only requires a bit of commitment because the weight losses provide the motivation.

Thanks, I def think that not having the worry of shopping 3 times a week, preparing meals and having to spend ages cooking will benefit me massively! More time to do other things!

Yeah I find being busy really helps... It distracts you from being hungry until you're in ketosis. I'm a nightmare in ketosis I struggle to have all three packs. Also I struggle if I don't have a breakfast one... but I'm going out this evening so at least I wont be so hungry later on :)

Should all your mealpacks not be delivered with your shaker?

No I haven't tried anything on S&S, I'm hoping I will like them!!

I forgot about the shaker when I placed the order! so got one from ebay for a few quid. Yeah being busy keeps my mind off food. I noticed that last night I didn't snack on anything, I ate my last bit of food at 4ish yesterday and the reason for not doing my usual evening scavenger hunt was this site, I was on here reading diaries, and looking at some inspirational threads. Kept my mind of wanting to eat all night!

I hope I become like you in ketosis then! I will be happy with struggling to finish my packs!

I forgot about the shaker when I placed the order! so got one from ebay for a few quid. Yeah being busy keeps my mind off food. I noticed that last night I didn't snack on anything, I ate my last bit of food at 4ish yesterday and the reason for not doing my usual evening scavenger hunt was this site, I was on here reading diaries, and looking at some inspirational threads. Kept my mind of wanting to eat all night!

I hope I become like you in ketosis then! I will be happy with struggling to finish my packs!

Ah OK... I was getting my hopes up for you about your packs being delivered... but maybe they will still come :)

The shaker is a life saver... when I first started I didnt have one and wondered why the shakes were disgusting.. but a bit of ice and cold water in your shaker and they taste 10 times better!!

I know exactly what you mean... the power of distraction is amazing :)

Struggling to finish your packs sounds good... but it isn't because you end up feeling quite sick... however I think I was just doing a bit of attention seeking ;) But it is true what they say... when I missed about 5 packs in a week my weight loss was less than when I had them all. This time I don't seem to have any problem at all!

xxx

Just got my order katy! I got a free sample of the vanilla cereal shake so might try that for my evening meal tonight, just to see what its like!

Hope I like the porridge as I have tons of it!

You'll have to let me know what you think about all of the products!! I'm going to order mine on Monday :) x

Will do :) So I will weigh in tomorrow morning before work and go from there, hopefully next sat I will be down a few pounds. 3-5lbs per week would do me fine x

Wow that is amazing!! How long did it take you to lose 53lb? Do you feel as you're over half way it's a motivator to carry on or are you finding it harder? x x

Only just saw this. I started last August, had a break in Sept as I had a holiday planned before I started, I then restarted after my holiday and tried to keep almost to plan through to Xmas although I'll admit it was damn hard in December with meals out and parties etc. and whilst I was 'mostly' 100% I did have a few wobbles along the way but I was still losing weight each week. I then had a complete break for 2 weeks at Xmas and over indulged somewhat but I restarted on 4th Jan and lost all of my Xmas gain in the first 9 days.

The weight loss is a motivator to carry on but also, because I feel so much better than when I started it's not as urgent that I get to goal as soon as I possibly can, and for me the veg option makes this diet not such a chore to follow. I'm quite happy with it taking a while to lose the last 2 stone although Easter would be good if I can make it. I absolutely won't be unhappy on this diet though and if I need a week off then I'll take it. If I'm not at goal by Easter then I'll have a break. I find doing it for defined periods easier to stick to than one long endless stretch. Some people find it difficult to go back to once they have a break but I have to admit that on S&S, because of the variety I haven't found it an issue. Also there is someone at work who is doing this (she's doing LL) and so we're supporting each other so coming off is not an option until we both stop :).

I need to have a plan for life anyway and the longer I'm on this the longer I will be used to not over indulging. It's certainly not going to stop when I'm at goal, as that's when the difficult bit starts. I can quite easily see myself using the shakes / bars during the week at work if my weight increases a bit from my target. I don't mind them at all, and I find it easy to lose weight this way.

Only just saw this. I started last August, had a break in Sept as I had a holiday planned before I started, I then restarted after my holiday and tried to keep almost to plan through to Xmas although I'll admit it was damn hard in December with meals out and parties etc. and whilst I was 'mostly' 100% I did have a few wobbles along the way but I was still losing weight each week. I then had a complete break for 2 weeks at Xmas and over indulged somewhat but I restarted on 4th Jan and lost all of my Xmas gain in the first 9 days.

The weight loss is a motivator to carry on but also, because I feel so much better than when I started it's not as urgent that I get to goal as soon as I possibly can, and for me the veg option makes this diet not such a chore to follow. I'm quite happy with it taking a while to lose the last 2 stone although Easter would be good if I can make it. I absolutely won't be unhappy on this diet though and if I need a week off then I'll take it. If I'm not at goal by Easter then I'll have a break. I find doing it for defined periods easier to stick to than one long endless stretch. Some people find it difficult to go back to once they have a break but I have to admit that on S&S, because of the variety I haven't found it an issue. Also there is someone at work who is doing this (she's doing LL) and so we're supporting each other so coming off is not an option until we both stop :).

I need to have a plan for life anyway and the longer I'm on this the longer I will be used to not over indulging. It's certainly not going to stop when I'm at goal, as that's when the difficult bit starts. I can quite easily see myself using the shakes / bars during the week at work if my weight increases a bit from my target. I don't mind them at all, and I find it easy to lose weight this way.

That is a wonderful way to thinkk about it and different from last time I am thinking about this a long term plan and something that needs to instigate a lifestyle change. I think I will struggle when I get to where I want to be not just to go back to eating what I want... although I sure as hell do not want to have to go through all of this milarky again!!

Back to day 1

OK... so today is day 1 for me again...

I'm not one to make excuses... as I am fully aware that everything I do is down to me and making a conscious choice to eat.

Friday... my day 2... went wrong and that just led to a weekend of eating and drinking basically whatever I wanted.

So... why Friday went wrong...

Usually I fill my bottle of water up on the way to work and make sure I drink it on the way to work... didnt happen.

Usually I have my shake as soon as I get to work... I got distracted by me emails and I didnt have one..

It got to lunch time and I was so hungry I went and bought an Atkins bar and then had my shake at about 4 o'clock. I was then fine and refocued. However I was still way short of my usual water intake and I think this was my own biggest detriment.

I was going to my cousins 40th Birthday drinks and I had arranged I'd drive my mum and step-dad so I couldn't drink so would stick to my diet. Unfortunately, no one had eaten dinner so we ended up going out for dinner. As I was unprepared and didn't take anything with me... I had dinner. And to be honest I didnt even enjoy it and ended up making myself feel sick.

This then led me to go out for dinner with the OH on Saturday and eating McDonalds and cooking a roast yesterday. So back to day 1 for me...

To be honest I've allways been a bit of a start everything on a Monday girl so starting on a Thursday.. I kind of had it in the back of my mind that I was setting myself up to fail... I know this may sound ridiculous. But today is Monday and rather than kicking myself that I have to go through day 1 again... I'm just going to get on with it and do it.

I had a strop on Friday night that nothing I was putting on looked nice and I felt like a massive blob. Especially when my mum was trying on some of my clothes and they were too big for her (she lost around 4.5 stone on the Dukan diet last year and has been maintaining for the past 6 months... I'm so proud of her and she does look amazing!!).

Anyway... so I'm back, determined once again to stick to my diet... not going to dwell on my mishap and by the time I get to the weekend I'll be well into ketosis and not mess up again!!

I want to be a princess!!!!

Don't beat yourself up over it, draw a line under it and move on! You know where your weaknesses are now so hopefully that will help you to stay on track this time! Along with all your friends on here!!

Maybe keep some water in the places you go so there is always a bottle available, at work, in the car?

Good luck with round 2, stay positive and you will be a princess!

Take care

Lisa x

Thats really honest of you and you have the right attitude, forget it and move on. Hope your week goes quickly for you and hope it goes well! Keep posting on here too when you can, it has kept me going this last few days! x

Tara and Lisa,

Thank you so much for your comments :) At least I know I have the support of everyone on here and I know that I will not be judged for messing up... at the end of the day we all make mistakes :) I know once I pass the first week I will be away and I have here and the scales to keep me on track until then :) x x x

Just keep coming on here!! Its the only thing that has kept me going this last two and a half days - reading all the stories, getting advice etc

I do not want to go through this phase again so I am determined to stick to it once I am in the groove!!
Good luck
XX

I have just placed my order for 4 weeks supply so now I have to stick to it because I really can't afford not to lol Thought that would be a good incentive for me ;o) I can't wait for it to arrive. I'm using the Cambridge products I had left until it does arrive, however I get a bit sick of those cause everything is so sickly sweet!!

I've got the excitement and will power I had this time last year when I started to lose 4 stone... :)

I hope so... I'm so excited to start!! I will admit I'll miss my CD choc mint shakes as they are my absolute fav... currently on 2 a day but can't wait to have some savory options... and my bank balance is loving the change from CD to S&S!!!

Someone at work is also starting LL on Wednesday so I have someone to get excited about with it... and it does help the motivation and sticking to it!! We've already decided we will go down to the canteen to have our soups/shakes together just to get away from our desks :)

What have you prefered Bananas from S&S products rather than CD?
I'm a bit worried as I ordered a full 4 weeks supply and I won't like them... however I ensured I ordered quite a variety as if I don't like something I won't have too much of it!! x

I love the mealpacks, I didnt order any soups as after trying both CD and Exante soups (and finding them all vile) I thought I'd just cut my losses. The spagbol is lovely, with veg it actually looks like a proper meal and it tastes nice, no forcing it down :). The chili is nice too as is the cottage pie. Cottage pie is admittedly a bit bland but you can add spices and things to it if you feel the need.

Shakes wise, I prefer plain old vanilla, I liked the S&S choc shake but didnt think too much of the banana one, thats all I've tried so far. Had a porridge sample and it was a bit lumpy, I know if I took a bit more time to delump it it would be better (as it was actually quite tasty, I remember the cd one being horrible) but I am yet to order more.

Good luck, keep posting posting posting :)

Yeah I've ordered all of the meal packs and only the tomato soup... as this is the only one I liked on CD and I've never really been a fan of soup anyway!!

I thought I'd get a selection of the shakes and didn't get any porridge as I've got a couple of CD ones and I'm not a massive fan so will kist see how I get on now!!

I can't believe how much easier I am findin today than I did my first re-start last Thursday. I think my head is in the right place now and also I'm excited about trying new things lol

When did you start? How are you getting on? x

Yeah I've ordered all of the meal packs and only the tomato soup... as this is the only one I liked on CD and I've never really been a fan of soup anyway!!

I thought I'd get a selection of the shakes and didn't get any porridge as I've got a couple of CD ones and I'm not a massive fan so will kist see how I get on now!!

I can't believe how much easier I am findin today than I did my first re-start last Thursday. I think my head is in the right place now and also I'm excited about trying new things lol

When did you start? How are you getting on? x

Thats really good katy! I can safely say you need to have your head in the right place, as you well know from being so sucessful on CD. I wish you all the luck sweety!

Back