My move to Weight Watchers

I am strict during the week and relax a bit at weekends. I'm currently on 21 (old points) a day, and I tend to have 18 points Sunday to Thursday. I have my full 21 on Fridays and then don't count points on Saturday nights. But while I don't count the points, I don't make really stupid food choices. For example, if we have a takeaway, I would chose a chinese instead of a pizza or curry as they tend to be much lower in points. I personally think that by saving points during the week and then having one day higher calories keeps my metabolism boosted.

I also exercise 4-5 times a week for 45 minutes each session, using my treadmill and swimming and aim to get to a days worth of activity points throughout the week.

Today is my 'day off' and we are going to a friends for a BBQ. I just had a filling low point breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs made with no additional fat (you need a good non stick pan for this) and 2 slices of WW bacon which was 4 points in total, and lunch will be a salad with ham so the only points are in the ham. When I have my night off, I try to keep to low point food during the day. I don't have the whole day off, just the evening.

I'm sure you will be fine when you start on food again - I did have a gain at first but this went again by the second week.

Thanks for that Jojo, really helpful and for the old point too as I find it easier to follow although I have both books but I have all thx old recipe books. I do 4/5 lots of excerise a week mainly spinning and running too do hopefully if I follow your advice I should be ok. As you can tell I'm really planning for my food introduction which failed me last time big time! I did LL and tye food introduction weeks were far too fast for me. Have a good week. :) x

Good luck when you do go I to food. If we are both doing old points we could swap meal ideas on here.

Going back to your question about points, I tend to look at my points over a week rather than per day. So, at 21 a day I can have 147 a week. I do eat all those once you factor in my night off.

You might decide to do it differently but I think it gives you more flexibility to not have points per day and do it by the week. I would never go lower than 16 points in any one day though, I remember my WW leader telling us that.

Another week done and another 2lb off :D

I went to a friends BBQ at the weekend and planned ahead by preparing my own chicken, pepper and red onion kebabs to take with me. I avoided all the burgers and sausages but did over indulge on the alcohol though! I got some extra exercise done to make up for it and that obviously worked.

Also, I was very excited this week that I bought 2 new tops and both were a size 14. My first size 14 purchase in well over 10 years - god that's a good feeling. My 16 jeans are getting big now but I'm not quite small enough for 14s with those. I have 8 weeks until my holiday and I am hoping to banish all 16s by then and be 12-14 in everything.

I'm going to have to be good the next couple of weekends. My birthday is 10th June and we have a family meal this weekend - I have chosen to go to Sapporo Teppanyaki in Manchester this Saturday as it's easy to make good choices with Japenese food, but for my actual birthday my husband is taking me for a surprise meal so I can't plan ahead. But hey, it's my birthday and that's a perfect excuse for having whatever I fancy for the day and not worrying about calories or points! I'll just have to do the odd extra mile on the treadmill!

I'm also really excited about this coming Tuesday. We are going to do this - Days Out at Go Ape | Outdoor Activities | Tree Top Adventure which is something I have wanted to do for ages but never did because of my weight. I always worried I wouldn't manage it, or worse that they wouldn't have a harness that fit me!! Being thinner gives me so much more confidence now, I love it!

Well done :) I am on day 12 on Exante and I am really struggling, I have been 100% but really missing food and the normal family life aspect of it and I weighed yesterday and only lost 1.5lbs since Monday which I know isnt bad but for such a low cal deit you expect a bit more. I have enough Exante to last me till next Friday so will decide Thursday whether to give Exante another 2 weeks or return to weight watchers.

Kim, week 2 is notoriously slow so stick with it :)

Not been on here for a few weeks, I've been busy with family visiting over the bank holidays and it was my birthday last weekend.

It's still going well, I had a few days off and ate out 3/4 times as I had a week off work and family stuff and I stayed the same that week which I was thrilled with. I kept up my exercise and never skipped a session so that helped. And despite it being my birthday last Sunday and a meal with with far too many cocktails I lost 1.5lb this week!

I have now just about gone over the 5 stone lost mark. I'm mainly getting into size 14s now which feels incredible, and even have a few 12s from Dorothy Perkins but I think their sizes come up big!

I have noticed such a difference to my shape since exercising, I'm really starting to tone up and it makes me feel so much better in general. It's true that it gives you a bit of a 'high'. I might be getting a little bit addicted to it!

I lost 3lb this week :D

Other than a bit of extra exercise I haven't really done anything different. I still had my saturday night off. Some weeks the body must like to lose a bit more!

Not feeling well tonight, I had come down with a stinker of a cold. I always struggle with making good food choices when I'm ill so this next week will be interesting. Plus, I doubt I'll be up for any 7am swims either!

I lost another 1.5lb this week :D

I had a great week with holiday clothes shopping - all sizes 12 and 14s, which feel amazing. And I got two bikinis!! I can't believe I am going to wear a bikini!!

I totally LOVE clothes shopping now, and having the confidence to walk into any shop, and then not have to go to the back of the rack for the big sizes. The only downside is that I seem to be in the most popular sizes that sell out quickest now, and I keep seeing things I like that don't have a 12 or 14!

I should post some pics soon. I am getting tons of compliments, and bumped into some people I haven't seen for a while last weekend and they couldn't believe how different I look. It feels fantastic :D

Well done and thank you.
It's a great feeling isn't it? GSQ

I lost 2.5lb this week, that takes me to 1.5 stone in total since I changed to weightwatchers in 10 weeks. Dead pleased with that! I'm also now less than a stone from being a healthy BMI. My goal weight is a bit below that, but just to know I am so close to being in the healthy range feels great!

Only 3 weeks off my holidays now. I got a whole new wardrobe of summer clothes, all in sizes 12-14 - plus 2 bikinis!

I'm hoping to lose another 4/5 before holiday. I'm dead on 12 stone now, and I expect I will gain some on holiday, but once I go into the 11s I don't want to move back up to the 12s. Going to have to be extra good with the exercise for a few weeks!

Wow JoJo, well done on your losses! I love reading the maintenance thread, it gives me hope :)

Thanks Agnes :)

I lost 3lb this week, which is a bit of a mis-leading loss as I've been really ill this week and have struggled to eat at times. I'm not quite there but am feeling better. Can't wait to get back to normal and to be able to exercise again - I've missed it! The old me would never have missed exercise!

Hi Jojo, your weight loss is amazing. I've been on Exante TS for 3 weeks and 3 days and will be moving onto WS next week for another four weeks but then hope to move onto ww to lose the last stone and a half. i've been panicking so much over the last few days thinking ws will put all the weight back on and worrying about when i start eating normally again but reading this diary from start to finish and put my mind at ease completely :) Thankyou for being such an inspiration and good luck with the weight losses and maintanence

Hol x

Thanks Holly!

I think the key is planning and exercise. I haven't updated for a while, I think I missed off a weigh in update. I'm on holiday at the moment, my parents live in Spain and we have rented a villa near to theirs for 3 weeks.

The plan for holiday is to maintain my weight. It's quite hilly so I've been doing some power walks on the steep hills and plenty of swimming. When I am eating at the villa I do WW food for me, easy to do with a BBQ! I relaxed when we eat out and have what I want then.

Seems to be working so far and have stayed the same. If I do gain at all, I'm hoping it will only be a few pounds and nothing major.

Better go, got some sunbathing to do (in my bikini!!!!) xx

What an inspirational journey! Thanks for sharing it. I have only been on exante for 6 days but am already thinking about how the transition back to food will go. It is a long way off yet as I would like to lose another 4-5 stone but I don't want to put it back on once I've lost it. People are already making comments that I will likely regain all the weight once coming off the vlcd so I am even more determined to prove them wrong!! I think it is a great idea going to ww when on the last 1-2 stone. Have previously lost 3 stone with ww but must have lost and regained stone 4 ten times in the the last 2 years so going for a different approach to get going again. Hope you are having a great holiday and I am looking forward to reading your next update x

Hey jojo hope youre enjoying your holiday! Just wanted to let you know that you've inspired me so much im taking the plunge!! I'm doing the liprotrim re-feed week and then next monday I will be starting weightwatchers, i've been before and cant find a group that weighs on a monday morning in my area so am considering just doing it online and using this forum to weigh in and keep a diary etc.

Just wanted to let you know as if i hadn't of read this diary I would probably not have dared make the move, im so excited!!

Hol x

Well, back from holiday and I had an amazing time. It feels so different not being overweight, I felt so much more relaxed and carefree. Plus a lot more comfortable in the heat! I felt brilliant in my bikini and I cannot wait to go away again!

I'm at WW tomorrow to assess the damage. I haven't weighed myself since mid-holiday but I don't think I have gained much. I did relax more in the second half of the holiday but I certainly didn't pig out. I ate what I wanted, but I seem to naturally want better food now. Greasy fat food turns my stomach, and I just cannot manage huge portions anymore. I am confident if I have gained it will only be a pound or two, which after just under 3 weeks holiday isn't bad considering I did drink every night!

I thought it was about time I posted some pictures since I have a load from holiday. I do feel kind of proud when I see the difference but the old ones make me feel a bit sick. I instantly feel the misery I felt at that weight - but that makes me feel so strong that I'll never go back there again.

Before:

IMG_0023.jpg388177_3032749937283_81931288_n.jpg

After:

562688_10150952989157063_1113678824_n.jpg536703_10150959534957063_1209746656_n.jpg

Not far to go now until I get to a healthy BMI and then I want to go a bit below that for a safety net!

Fingers crossed weigh in tomorrow will go ok!

Last edited:
Oh, and one other thing - I used to HATE having my pic taken on holiday, but now I love it!! I had still mostly been avoiding cameras before my holiday but seeing photos made me realise how well I had done. It kind of shocked me how slimmer I am, even though I see myself in the mirror every day. Weird but great!

Back