My mum's coming...

Cazuk1976

I haven't seen my mum since July as she lives abroad, but she's coming over next week, and she doesn't know i'm on this diet! I've lost about a stone and half, so i'm hoping she'll notice, but my biggest worry is that my mum will probably try to get me off it, and convince me to eat, and as she's staying with me for 2 weeks, i'm dreading giving in. My mum has worried about my weight since i was a teenager, however, i know she's not a keen fan on vlcd's since to her it would be "starving myself" and she won't understand that i'm getting all the nutrients and vitamins i need in the shakes, so i'm a bit worried. on the other hand, it could go the other way and she could be really supportive, i just don't know which way she'll go.

anyway, sorry for the rant, but voicing my concern is making me realise why i'm a bit jumpy and nervous, i've cleaned the whole house today! lol

ah hun i really hope she understands but if she doesnt remember this is your choice and although it is goin to be difficult if you can continue doing lipotrim while she's there you will be 100% stronger because of it. maybe get some stuff about lipotrim for her to read and show her the website etc.

but remember if you do give in there's always tomorrow. don't kid yourself into thinking dat one slip up ruins everything you just try again like lots of people on this forum have done.

good luck and maybe it mite be a good idea to show your mother this website. it might make her a believer like a lot of others.

Hi Caz,

Don't worry, I am sure you mum will be very happy for you, especially when she see how happy you are. Assure her that it is safe, and also prescrbed by GP's (so it can't be too bad, can it?)
Maybe show her this forum so she can see how many people's lives it has changed!
Also play the before/after slide show, I am sure she will change her mind after seeing all of the fabulous transformations!

Thanks to you both, some great ideas, and i'm sure when she sees this forum and sees how many people have benefitted, she may give me the benefit of the doubt and let me carry on in peace. Unfortunately, my mother is very old fashioned, and from a place near italy, so its all about food!! and i suppose i do have some resentment towards her for letting me end up like this, such as if only she hadn't given me chocolate, if only she had made me eat my veg instead of letting me go without, and if only she had given me healthy food instead of the junk i've eaten my whole life, maybe i wouldn't have become this way. Silly i know, of course its not her fault, but i do wish she had enforced healthier eating on me when i was young.

I think there is a lot of people that think dat i always wished that someone had just said to me nicely i think your gaining too much weight wen i was younger. or stopped me eating the wrong foods but mothers and grandmothers all want to feed you it must be in their dna or something. i told my nanny i was on this an she sent me over a huge apple tart hahaha i just laughed and put it in the fridge the rest of the family could eat it.

i dont thin they will ever give up but the important thing is we know wen to say no i always felt bad not eating everything on the plate so id eat it all then have a cake for desert it was so silly looking back now i just say im full. they bug me for ages but soon they do get the message.

let us know how your mother takes it as you said she mite surprise you!

Good luck hun.

I think the main thing is to be totally honest with your Mum- sit her down and fully explain the programme. With everyone I've fully explained it to they've ended up (if not approving) then being accepting.

The main thing is to have a lovely time with your Mum!

x

Mums Visit

Hey!

Just some thoughts,

Your Mum loves you, and clearly any worry will be because she does not understand the benefits of the Diet, thats understandable, if you said to someone that you are going to live on a couple of sachets of powder for the foreseeable future, they would worry.

Explain it to her, tell her how you feel, be honest and upfront. Let her know the Dr's and Pharmacies policy, tell her about your success so far, tell her how you feel. Be proud of your success so far!

Of course that is much easier said than done, and you know the best way to handle your mum, but it may be better in the long run to be honest than not....

Good luck either way.

Bill

Yup i agree with rose above ... honesty is the best policy. Tell her the minute she arrives and let her know under no circumstances will you be persuaeded to stop the diet :) xx

You've done so far, so there's evidence that what you're doing is working & you're putting effort into it, so hopefully that should make her warm to the idea! At the end of the day, it's your decision & even if she doesn't approve, I'm sure knowing how much you want to do it will make her respect your choices.

Good luck & don't worry about it; just enjoy seeing her!!

Hannah

Have to agree with the comments so far. Be very honest with her, explain it fully to her and I am sure she will see that it is th best thing for you. She will be able to see that you have lost some weight and that you are happy. Don't worry too much, you will be fine.

Thanks all you guys, i now have some good ideas how to tell her and get her to support me instead of going against me. I'm sure that when she sees how my hubby, bro and sis have all supported me that she will see its a good thing for me, and hopefully by the time she goes home will accept, accept and encourage me! thanks again everyone!

Back