MY MUSINGS

Hi! Do you make the flax toast? It sounds yummy! Your meals look fab :)

Hi, thanks, yes I make a flax "focaccia" that I adapted from a recipe on "about low carbs":

2 C/10oz/275g flaxseed (ground obviously!)
1Tbsp baking powder
1tsp salt
2tsp agave or honey
5 medium eggs, beaten
1/2Cup water
1/3Cup olive oil

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, mix wet ingredients in another bowl, add wet to dry and combine. Leave to set for 2-3min, pour batter in to lined baking tray and spread out, bake for 25min 160C. Then I cut into squares and for toast generally cut each square through horizontally so they get crispy in the toaster!

Well, my computer is losing the will to live and I'm struggling to get onto minimins :)mad:) but all is going well. Mr CD and I had a weekend of non-paleo food but am not going to beat myself up about it, up till then we had been 100% so I know we can do it and life will occasionally throw us times where the paleo goes to 80%. Feel so much better both physically and mentally when eating healthily, just struggle hugely at TOTM. Determined to get to my birthday in October without being silly again, am going to research paleo treats for TOTM, chocolate pudding sounds good and I was wondering about the zero percent wine that is just fermented grape juice, a wine glass of that would help I'm sure.

Today's food:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs & chives
Lunch: Flax toast with coconut oil and homemade cherry "jam"
Dinner: Haddock, spinach & mushrooms followed by stewed rhubarb and coconut "cream".

Tomorrow's food:
Breakfast: More scrambled eggs & chives!
Lunch: More flax toast!
Dinner: Chicken casserole
Bedtime treat: Hot coconut milk

Yes CD im from the place where the river Kelvin rises out in the sticks, i,ve done paelo/atkins before and getting it off is not a great problem to start with
its later and the yo-yo ing

breakfast......streaky bacon ,fried egg, high fat sausage
lunch............double cream and sugar free jelly
dinner..........pork chops and cauliflower cheese

high fat in Induction get that water out my system

Hi, thanks, yes I make a flax "focaccia" that I adapted from a recipe on "about low carbs":

2 C/10oz/275g flaxseed (ground obviously!)
1Tbsp baking powder
1tsp salt
2tsp agave or honey
5 medium eggs, beaten
1/2Cup water
1/3Cup olive oil

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, mix wet ingredients in another bowl, add wet to dry and combine. Leave to set for 2-3min, pour batter in to lined baking tray and spread out, bake for 25min 160C. Then I cut into squares and for toast generally cut each square through horizontally so they get crispy in the toaster!

OoooO thank you, definitely going to try this

I'm finding it costs the earth to keep this diet going... and my tea isn't the same without real milk.:sigh:

fumanchu, i always eat a lot less on the atkins/paleo ...milk in yir tea...i change to a oxo cube with pepper instead ,think theres people change to diffrent kinds of milk if you can get hold of them...soya ect ect you should ask around or check the shops

Hi anchor - am currently trying almond milk, soya milk, coconut milk - and if all else fails, cream! :D I need tea lol

I find the cost of eating this way fine (no take-away bills, no ridiculously overpriced Sensations crisps, no alcohol) and I know my mind and body are much happier if I buy a punnet of raspberries rather than a Gregg's pasty!

Today I have been looking up ideas for the kids lunch-boxes for August, I'll have 3 in primary then (including 1 v picky) and the school has no-nuts policy. Going to get some tapioca flour and try that out on them.

I definitely need my tea, am persevering with coconut milk at the minute!

Today has been a good eating day so we are back on track thank goodness. Had a sneaky spoonful of pumpkinseed butter just now as a snack, I like it on celery usually but desperately need to go shopping. Oh, am also going to start making coconut milk kefir as I miss yoghurt, looking forward to my Amazon delivery tomorrow so I can experiment in the kitchen.

Tomorrow's food:
Breakfast: Coconut milk & raspberry smoothie
Lunch: Tuna & Egg salad
Dinner: Chicken curry, cauliflower rice

Maybe it's just me finding it dear to swap over then. We never had take aways or rubbish, more plain old-fashioned style, made from scratch (both retired and got time to do it now). But I used to do stuff like shepherd's pie, steak & kidney with pastry, mince & tatties, then apple crumbles and eve's puddings etc etc. So you can see how I put the weight on eh :rolleyes:. I dare say I'll find my feet and get into it - no option :D is just hard at first..
TY for all help xx

yip some of the things you cant have are the ones you crave the most,anyway im on Atkins induction just now so peeing like a racehorse had one of my fav high fat low carb dinners,cheese omelette 2 eggs switched with mayo and fried in lard topped with strong cheese with a flavored mayo as sauce,megga fat but fills you and its allowed

yip some of the things you cant have are the ones you crave the most,anyway im on Atkins induction just now so peeing like a racehorse had one of my fav high fat low carb dinners,cheese omelette 2 eggs switched with mayo and fried in lard topped with strong cheese with a flavored mayo as sauce,megga fat but fills you and its allowed

Sounds like you are focused Anchor, hope you are feeling proud of yourself x

Today has been fine though I'm v tired, didn't get to sleep till DH came home from work at 3am then a couple of the kids got up at 6.45am ugh. Made up a batch of cauliflower "porridge", had a portion as a snack to keep me going and it'll do breakfasts for the next couple of days. Tomorrow my MIL is taking us all out for Sunday brunch but she let us choose the place so we're going to our favourite, and very paleo-friendly, eatery. Should be good but DH will be exhausted from working tonight and he goes very quiet which means I have to keep the conversation going as well as making sure the kids behave!
Making plantain "tortilla chips" tomorrow when I get back, v excited and hope they work.

Tomorrow's food:
Breakfast: Cauli porridge with ginger and 1tsp shredded coconut
Lunch Out: Chicken ceasar salad with mango, pear, olives and I'll make sure they hold the croutons (last time I said no dressing or cheese but forgot to mention croutons and I had to pick them all off :eek:)
Dinner: Homemade sausage with broccoli & carrot fritters and spinach
Snack: Plantain tortilla chips with salsa verde

Lots of water as bloated badly, plenty of tea too as am getting used to the coconut milk ;).

Today has been fine though I'm v tired, didn't get to sleep till DH came home from work at 3am then a couple of the kids got up at 6.45am ugh. Made up a batch of cauliflower "porridge", had a portion as a snack to keep me going and it'll do breakfasts for the next couple of days. Tomorrow my MIL is taking us all out for Sunday brunch but she let us choose the place so we're going to our favourite, and very paleo-friendly, eatery. Should be good but DH will be exhausted from working tonight and he goes very quiet which means I have to keep the conversation going as well as making sure the kids behave!
Making plantain "tortilla chips" tomorrow when I get back, v excited and hope they work.

Tomorrow's food:
Breakfast: Cauli porridge with ginger and 1tsp shredded coconut
Lunch Out: Chicken ceasar salad with mango, pear, olives and I'll make sure they hold the croutons (last time I said no dressing or cheese but forgot to mention croutons and I had to pick them all off :eek:)
Dinner: Homemade sausage with broccoli & carrot fritters and spinach
Snack: Plantain tortilla chips with salsa verde

Lots of water as bloated badly, plenty of tea too as am getting used to the coconut milk ;).

Cauliflower porridge sounds interesting, I've been looking at cauliflower 'rice' pudding but not got round to it yet.

Yay for getting used to the coconut milk, I've not been able to drink cows milk for 10 years so for me coconut milk is much nicer than the rice milk which I started out on, it was like water and separated! yuck!

Enjoy brunch! A paleo friendly place sounds fab :)

Hope your brunch was nice; it's so handy to know places where you can definitely get something good to eat!

2lbs cauliflower
6oz cream cheese
6oz double cream
3 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons chopped parsley

boil and mash cauli add the rest, a bit sloppy but nice with lots of pepper , use to go with a piece of fatty meat you would,nt call the queen yir aunty

Our brunch was lovely, very relaxed (maybe as my MIL forced two glasses of wine on me?) and kids had a good time too. Was there for hours! All of the restaurant's stews are paleo friendly and they also do them as tapas size so you can try a few - MIL had a morroccan lamb one that smelt delicious. Mr CD had a Peruvian omelette and salad and I had my usual :). Kids had French toast with bacon & maple syrup & triple choc brownie & ice cream (!) as it was a bit of a celebration. I made sure their breakfast and dinner were paleo though so am fine with that. Kids transititioning pretty well really, already used to eating lots of fruit & veg and they are enjoying trying new things and new ways of cooking old favourites (Boy is slow but he is with most things apart from doughnuts and cheese) so I am proud of how they are doing. Have had a small fruit salad for munchies this evening as I am hungry at the minute, tried a liquorice tea as well - not bad.
Tomorrow is a busy day - got to take two youngest to a party and also shop for eldest daughter's birthday on the 3rd - she has been travelling around Europe and gets back 3am on her birthday so will be exhausted, thought it best not to book her first driving lesson (her main present) for that day!

Tomorrow's food:
Breakfast: Flax toast with coconut oil & homemade blueberry spread
Lunch: Egg salad
Dinner: Grilled chicken, spicy breaded mushrooms, honey-roasted carrots & spinach
Snack: Apple, celery & pumpkinseed butter

Today's food:
Breakfast: Grapefruit
Lunch: Leftover thai green curry (chicken/spinach/mushrooms/peppers/onion/cauliflower rice)
Dinner: Flax, pumpkin & sunflower seed toast with coconut oil & cherry spread
Snacks: Apple, strawberries, a boiled egg, a date, home-made dark (90%) chocolate covered coffee beans

Been a bit of a grazing day but all in all happy with my food. Two birthday parties today so have been surrounded by food I don't eat which isn't easy at TOTM. Tomorrow will try to snack less! Here's the plan:
Tomorrow's food:
Breakfast: Grapefruit
Lunch: Poached eggs on toast
Dinner: Fish, home-made mango salsa, spinach, spicy breaded mushrooms.
Snack: A date, a boiled egg.

Kids are loving green eggs, have asked for them twice this week!

Aargh, paleo binging all day! Ok, it was on dates and chocolate covered coffee beans and fruit but am annoyed with myself. DH and I have decided that from tomorrow morning we are having a strict weight-loss month. He still has 20lbs to lose before he is a healthy weight and we need to focus. I've been giving him big portions so he doesn't get disheartened and eat cheesecake (his downfall!) but they are not helping. Feel good about this as I care so much about his health and well-being.
My food tomorrow:
Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit/small glass tomato juice/1tbsp chia seeds
Lunch: Tuna salad
Dinner: Fish, turnip chips, mushrooms

NO SNACKING! And lots of drinks.

How's the no snacks day gone? At least yesterday's snacks were all good for you ;)
Some days I don't snack at all and some days I just have the munchies all day! :)

Back