my nan wants to join but im worried

natalieann

Silver Member
:confused: well anyway my nan has seen my loss and wants to do LT shes 70 but in very good health, no medication and health issues the chemist says she should be fine, shes a really young nan, wears jeans n stuff, not frail or anything lol

shes got two stone to lose so would only be on it a little while but i cant help not wanting her to do it, im worried, i told her i was and what if it gave her a heart attack etc and she just called me a cheeky bugger.....

but after discussing it with my mate today im really worried, i know we are all fine but cant help thinking wether shes healthy or not, its not a young heart and kidneys etc..........i love her so much and would hate myself if anything happened to her, she lives alone

wat do u lot recon?

I am not in any way trained in medical or other fields but I am 53 with angina,I have had a heart attack about 18mnths ago and have been left with cirrosis of the liver with only 30% of my liver working due to fatty deposits and medication I was on to deal with all my problems I did have high blood pressure and high cholestrol and carpel syndrom so If I can have lipotrim with all these problems your nan should have no problems at all and if she starts it and only stays on in for a few weeks it will give her a big loss and she can always come off it and try maint hope this help Linda

I am not in any way trained in medical or other fields but I am 53 with angina,I have had a heart attack about 18mnths ago and have been left with cirrosis of the liver with only 30% of my liver working due to fatty deposits and medication I was on to deal with all my problems I did have high blood pressure and high cholestrol and carpel syndrom so If I can have lipotrim with all these problems your nan should have no problems at all and if she starts it and only stays on in for a few weeks it will give her a big loss and she can always come off it and try maint hope this help Linda

hey thanks for that hun, it does help, it just worries me thats all as she is 70. 17 years older then yourself:D i may be being daft but cant help it lol

and wow youve been through a lot havent you:( glad to see you doing well on lipotrim too

it does help what you have said, thanks so much

Hey hun,

My Ma is 71 and she is doing Lipotrim at the moment. She is flying it. She has high blood pressure and takes tablets. I know my chemist wouldnt let my mum do it if it wasnt safe for her to do it.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily (its understandable)

Niamh xxx

Try not to worry Nat, I'm sure your nan will be fine on LT because unlike most diets it is monitored by a chemist, and I'm sure they would never put your nan harms way.

With the fast results people get from being on LT your nan is unlikely to be on the programme for a extended length of time, and they do say that losing just 10% of excess body fat as massive heath benefits in the long term. While I'm no health professional I would imagine in the long run its more harmful carrying extra weight then it is taking healthy steps towards losing it.

ames xXx

Hi Natalie, has your nan tried other diets? Like slimming world, or weight watchers? I personally wouldn't let anyone from my family who hasn't seriously tried dieting (more conventionally then TFR), or basically very healthy eating, and been active (if possible, I know this sometimes isn't easy due to health issues) to go on this diet as VLCDs are really a last resort diets. At least that's what the research says. I wouldn't even let my mum, who's only 53 to go on this diet unless she was seriously obese and it was impacting her health......

These are only personal opinions and also I really believe that this isn't a diet that can be jumped on and off as that's what causes yo-yo dieting and is really bad for health. And since the failure rate of putting on weight (again from research that I have read) within 5 years of ending the diet is incredibly high you've got be see this as 'it's either this diet or nothing else will help' solution. That's at least the way I see it.....

Since it's only two stones she can potentially loose them by Xmas by going to dietician, completely cutting out on sugar (wherever she can; I know lots of food has 'hidden' sugar so hard to cut out all the sugar), fried food (chips, fried meat, etc.), sticking to 4 vegetable & 1 fruit portions a day, and reducing the foods made from wheat and milk. Getting a pedometer and walking above 5000 steps would be fantastic as it's not difficult on the spine & knees and helps with fitness.

There are several books I can recommend for cooking (I know how hard it can be to see healthy food as delicious when many ready made foods are delicious usually because they're loaded with sugar, salt and fat....but trust me, healthy food can be even more exciting when you know what to eat and how to cook it :) ): Gillian McKeith (great for learning lots about fruit, vegetables & grains - she also has loads of delicious but incredibly healthy recipes for puddings) and The Food Doctor Diet - Ian Marber (he really brings concepts of eating to what I believe it should be - as food being an excellent nourishment whilst being a real pleasure in our daily lives). The more drastic diet change can be achieved by reading everything from Harvey & Marilyn Diamonds (Fit for Life).

Now, I don't mean to presume that your nan eats unhealthily or isn't active :) but I've listed all stuff above because this could be useful to even those that are coming off Lipotrim - cause that's what this diet is about :) Relearning how to eat so we don't put all the weight back on once we start to eat conventional food.

I hope that your nan and you work out whatever the best plan for her will be; whether Lipotrim (you'll have a buddy :) ) or a different diet plan, or simply a healthier diet and more active days so that she looses the weight in a more natural way.

All the best to you both and take care of each other.

Hey hun,

My Ma is 71 and she is doing Lipotrim at the moment. She is flying it. She has high blood pressure and takes tablets. I know my chemist wouldnt let my mum do it if it wasnt safe for her to do it.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily (its understandable)

Niamh xxx

oh well then thats really good to know:D

Try not to worry Nat, I'm sure your nan will be fine on LT because unlike most diets it is monitored by a chemist, and I'm sure they would never put your nan harms way.

With the fast results people get from being on LT your nan is unlikely to be on the programme for a extended length of time, and they do say that losing just 10% of excess body fat as massive heath benefits in the long term. While I'm no health professional I would imagine in the long run its more harmful carrying extra weight then it is taking healthy steps towards losing it.

ames xXx

yeah i get you, shel be fine:p

Hi Natalie, has your nan tried other diets? Like slimming world, or weight watchers? I personally wouldn't let anyone from my family who hasn't seriously tried dieting (more conventionally then TFR), or basically very healthy eating, and been active (if possible, I know this sometimes isn't easy due to health issues) to go on this diet as VLCDs are really a last resort diets. At least that's what the research says. I wouldn't even let my mum, who's only 53 to go on this diet unless she was seriously obese and it was impacting her health......

These are only personal opinions and also I really believe that this isn't a diet that can be jumped on and off as that's what causes yo-yo dieting and is really bad for health. And since the failure rate of putting on weight (again from research that I have read) within 5 years of ending the diet is incredibly high you've got be see this as 'it's either this diet or nothing else will help' solution. That's at least the way I see it.....

Since it's only two stones she can potentially loose them by Xmas by going to dietician, completely cutting out on sugar (wherever she can; I know lots of food has 'hidden' sugar so hard to cut out all the sugar), fried food (chips, fried meat, etc.), sticking to 4 vegetable & 1 fruit portions a day, and reducing the foods made from wheat and milk. Getting a pedometer and walking above 5000 steps would be fantastic as it's not difficult on the spine & knees and helps with fitness.

There are several books I can recommend for cooking (I know how hard it can be to see healthy food as delicious when many ready made foods are delicious usually because they're loaded with sugar, salt and fat....but trust me, healthy food can be even more exciting when you know what to eat and how to cook it :) ): Gillian McKeith (great for learning lots about fruit, vegetables & grains - she also has loads of delicious but incredibly healthy recipes for puddings) and The Food Doctor Diet - Ian Marber (he really brings concepts of eating to what I believe it should be - as food being an excellent nourishment whilst being a real pleasure in our daily lives). The more drastic diet change can be achieved by reading everything from Harvey & Marilyn Diamonds (Fit for Life).

Now, I don't mean to presume that your nan eats unhealthily or isn't active :) but I've listed all stuff above because this could be useful to even those that are coming off Lipotrim - cause that's what this diet is about :) Relearning how to eat so we don't put all the weight back on once we start to eat conventional food.

I hope that your nan and you work out whatever the best plan for her will be; whether Lipotrim (you'll have a buddy :) ) or a different diet plan, or simply a healthier diet and more active days so that she looses the weight in a more natural way.

All the best to you both and take care of each other.

hi yeah shes tried them all love, even slim fast, but i think she sees my losses and wants it herself, i think she looks lovely as she is but ya know yourself when people say that you dont believe it...........ill just support her in what she decides, shes coming up tomorrow so we can have a chat about it

Back