My new diary with JUDDD

Karen , First big well done to you !
And second seeing your eating plan is good .
Hey and third is good to see overweight , cos next its normal weight . keep us on our toes girl we need this site to be moving more !!!

Day 10 Up day (Saturday)

Well I didnt have time to post what I had yesterday but I dread to think how many claories I consumed!

It started off well with ready brek, sweetner and milk and then I went out shopping with my mam and we went to McDonalds for lunch. I managed to just have a hamburger happy meal with tea.

Last night I was at a hen night. To drink Ihad about 6 pints of cider and to eat I had loads of prawn crackers and then for my main meal I had egg fried rice and satay beef. I would hazard a guess at about 3000 cals

I am just going to write last night off as I must have had loads of calories. Started afresh today on a down day

Last edited:
Morning karen well im hoping tomorrow will be my last weigh in on the cambridge diet as im 2 lbs away.!

i will do the down day for today and tomorrow and then take it from there really.!

Would you know any info for kcals to maintain my weight on JUDDD ??
as when i reach 10 stone im not wanting to loose anymore weight you see.!

You did very well with your up day.

hi jackie how's you doing so far.??

Morning girls , how are we doing in the JUDDD house
Well yesterday I had some thinking to do , and we all know when it comes to changing our lifes and what we need to do , so I said , that I do to much sitting and to much eating ....
Karen , you just had a day off its ok and you know yesterday you got back on track . So hard when your getting mixed messages in your head arrrrrrrrrr . But we can do this , life changes .
Shanny , with your weight if you want to keep in steady and not go up or down just 2000 kcals , but say you had a treat once a week and you hought hold on i'm gainning just try be good next day and it should evan out .
Ok now today I want to write in my Sig what I eat ok , so will be tonight , really want this . In a min I will do a chart for my goals .
Karen shanny you are on a roll girls !

Shanny if you go to the Johnson's official site you will be able to work out what your RMR is (I think that stands for resting metabolic rate) this is based on your level of activity, how much you weigh, your height etc. ONce you have this you can work out how much you need to maintain your weight. I think you only need to stick to the 500 cals every other day for two weeks. then you can choose the percentage of your RMR you want to eat.. click here for calculator
UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan – How to Succeed
My up day works out at 1884 and my down day at 377 but I struggle with 500 cals usually having about 550 so I make my up day around 1500 calories (I think lol). When doing maintenance the up day calories remain the same, but the down days go higher depending on what percent you are working it out on.

Have you tried google they have a spread sheet for weight loss , I was on a CD team they used it there . but forgot how to use it but you do need to make an email A?C first with google to track the weights in . Just a thought ok

Hi everyone will i think i will do 5 up days and 2 down days during the week??

What u think?
Ive had a fab down day today forgot have to count me diet coke lol.!
not even hungry really which is good.!

do you mean 5 days up and 2 days down on the trot? or will you be alternating? I think 2 down days in succession will be really hard. I would have your weekends up then monday down, tues up, wed down, thurs up, fri medium. that is still having only 2 down days and keeping your weekends as up. you can only try it and if you start putting weight on just try tweaking it a bit. how long did it take to lose your weight shanny?

Hi karen and jackie i hope you read this i am moving to Weight watchers instead,!

I know that diet by the back of my hand, hehe.!

I will still be on juddd board thou.xx

Awww Shanny.....moving to weight watchers boo hoo. I know what you mean though, I also know WW like the back of my hand but that is why I had to give other diets a try. Make sure you go back to square one measuring things lol. If WW doesnt shift those last 2 stubborn pounds then cross over here.

You must be so proud of yourself from losing nearly 4 stone. Well done. HOw long did it take you?

Thank you karen i will still be over here too.! it's taken me ages to shift all this weight started ww last year, then swopped to CD.! Then ww again lol.

ww losses are really small, i sts loads of weeks.!

but the slower i loose the weight, im hoping i keep it off for life now.x

shanny , you know where to find us ok lol been bit busy lately but will try keep up ok

hi karen how are you going , first time i eat today was at 3 , i need to keep busy more often . will have to write more later as my son wants me to do some sewing arrrrrr

wow 3pm?!! I only managed till 1pm. did quite well today though. only had half tin of veg soup, a ham sarnie, packet of crisps and a curly wurly.

total today about 480 cals. The only thing is this week I have not done any exercise since last Tuesday so feel a bit guilty. I might do a walk run tomorrow night.

hi Girls . how is WW shanny ?
Karen you are keeping on track I really have not had alot of time lately to post much here . But i'm still around .
3pm yes was first mouthful , keeping busy is a big key . If i'm not busy i think about food alot .
You do like them curly wurlys girl lol
i bet you have abox full lol. you know I love them star bars, better not go down that road . still thinking of what to have to eat today don't feel hungry yet , what are you having Karen , and shanny what are you having on WW

Afternoon, Well today I have had 2 crumpets for breakfast and I am just having lunch now which is a large white bun with ham and a packet of pickled onion space raiders (they are only 71 calories). at the mother in laws tonight for tea so that will be either chicken dinner or stewing steak or mince.

and yes I LOVEEEEE curly wurly's. Only I have to hide them from kids coz they keep pinching them! but they only have 115 calories in them. great for a chocolate fix.
I had a quick peak at the scales this morning and i had stayed the same, I am not worried though, I havent done much exercise this week and after sinking 6 pints and my body weight in prawn crackers if I just stay the same that will be lucky lol

Last edited:
Thats great Karen to have STS ... Yesterday(Wednesday) I had 3 CD and milk in coffee , green top . Today Thursday I have had another 2 CD and will have to see what happens tonight as its not here yet lol .
Crumpets lovely mmmmmmm , curly wurly hows iot going have you had any today Karen .
think its just us to on this diet .... lol .
I have to move my weight fasy=t as i am having bad back ache ... unsure how it will pan out but trying hard .

Ellooo girls im kinda doing okish really im at uni at present getting my work done.!

got 2 weeks left so much essays to complete.!

Im mainly having prawns, rice for lunch at work.!

snacks are fruits and breakfast are ww yogurts.!
Im being silly with chocolate at the moment lol.!

but my mum was saying that i could do both diets maybe Upday do ww points and try to do 500-600 kcal on DD will think aboit it lol.

but im good.!

jackie stay in there hun.

Karen sts i good i agree xx

Back