My new diary with JUDDD

karen999

Ok so I thought I would give Judding a try to try and shift this plateau that I have had for nearly 2 months. I have started to excercise more and started drinking more water and it was either the Atkins or come off diet and binge to try and give it a shake and then I came across Judding.

So today is my first day and I managed to go till about 12.30 on just drinking water and then I had my first mouthful which was ww chicken soup at 97 cals. I have a yoghurt (105) for later and then for tea I will have a ham sandwhich with a packet of quavers and if I really get peckish I can fall back on a curly wurly. It is 13.10 now so plenty time to buckle under the stress of being hungry but I will keep you up to date if I can with my journey.

I have found plenty of what people eat on down days but cant really get much information on what people eat on an upday. Maybe have a thread for upday menus?

*EDIT*
so today
12.15pm - ww chicken soup (97 cals)
2.15pm - activia fat free yoghurt (101 cals)
4.30pm - 2 slices danish bread (114 cals)
2 wafer thin ham (20 cals)
a smidge of low fat spread on bread (20 cals?)
6.30pm - walkers baked crisps (97 cals)
cup of tea with milk (12 cals)
total so far today 461 cals

I also had 2 cups of black green tea, not sure how many cals in those (just water and a teabag)

I have managed well considering. up until the time i walked through the door food hadnt really bothered me so I was thinking do I eat now at 4.30 or do i wait until i am hungrier and eat later. i decided to eat while i was starving as i think if i waited until i was ravanous i would be tempted to eat everything in the cupboard. Already planning what I am having tomorrow yumm yumm

only got 39 cals left for the day and it is 6.30pm if i get peckish i will have to have a biscuit or something for about 50 cals. or go to bed at 8pm! lol I am trying to play some pc games to keep my mind off it.

Last edited:
Day 2

Hi guys

Ok so day 2- my up day. I thought I would put my whole menu down as when I was looking around at starting the JUDDD diet, it would have been helpful to know what people were eating on the up days - ie were they going to the chippy or ordering in a pizza or were they still eating healthy and just having a few extra treats? I am trying to keep to my usual diet just having a few extra treats so that if it gets to 2 weeks time and i decide the diet isnt for me, then it should be easy to transition back to the way I was already dieting. I had been following slimming world for the last few weeks of my plateau and found it a good diet to be able to feed all the family, so on the up days I am going to try follow slimming world rules making lots of food from fresh stuff. obviuosly if i was doing slimming world, I wouldnt have had the 2 rolls for 364 cals! I wont really know I suppose until I have given the diet a couple of weeks. Saturday tomorrow is a down day so I will have to try keep busy. I also worked out that my resting metabolic rate (or whatever it is called) is 2200

Started the day with 30 lengths of the pool.

Breakfast
2 crumpets with low fat spread (245 cals)

morning snack
chocolate digestive bar (90 cals)

lunch
toasted ham sandwhich (238 cals)
quavers (87 cals)
muller yoghurt (101 cals)

afternoon snack
strawberries (38 cals)
curly wurly (115 cals)

dinner
burger - made from extra lean fresh mince (155 cals)
2 x finger rolls (364 cals)
chips - made the slimming world way just potatoes par boiled then spray with fry light and roast in the oven (340 cals)
beetroot (28 cals)

Total today 1841 calories - I might have some rhubarb with sweetner later but that will only be about 50 cals

day 3 - down day

Hi guys

Ok so today is a down day. I was not really looking forward to it as i didnt want to be too disappointed with myself if I didnt do as well as my first day. But luckily so far (8pm) it has been ok and I have managed ok.I felt really proud of myself on Thursday on my first down day to have made it through on so few calories and today is another proud day for myself as I made it through and quite enjoyed it as I have taken it as a challenge. I think you definitley have to have your mindset on losing weight and this is the first time in about 10 years that I have actually been this determined.

Anyway enough of the waffle and here is what I survived on today:

today I managed till about 1.00pm (but saying that I didnt wake up until about 11am!)

breakfast: crumpet with thin layer of spread (117 cals)
snack: strawberries with sweetner (45 cals)
lunch: ww country vegetable soup (92 cals)
snack: raw rhubarb with sweetner (70 cals)
dinner: ham sandwich (156 cals)
100ml of milk for tea (48 cals)

Total of 528 cals

Just slightly over from the 500 cals today but not too worried about it. I found a great website too which has helped me immensley in working out the calories in food - it even does takeaway food like kfc macdonalds and you can keep a daily record, put your height weight etc and how much you want to lose and it tells you how many calories you should eat each day in order to obtain your goals. It has probably been mentioned loads throughout the forums but it is called myplate.com. it is free but if you want to be able to track your goals etc you need to pay, but for what I want it is great with the free site. tomorrow is an up day and Monday is a down day and I need to turn Tuesday into a medium day as I go to the mother in laws for my tea every wednesday, so I am going to have my weigh in on Friday after my down day.

Shanny = thanks for posting, you are more than welcome. I hope it will be helpful even if it is just to me when I look back in the comoing weeks (if I survive that long lol) congrats on the weight loss too! is that you at goal now?

Day 4 -Sunday - Up day

Well today I have found it harder to keep track of my calories as I always do find when you are having a roast. I actually put my plate on the scales and weighed the mashed potatoe on my plate but wasnt sure how many calories there was in it at the time. I also had 2 yorkshires which was a bit naughty, but hey, thats what up days are for. I am sure I will manage better during the week than at weekends. I also didnt have 3 meals today. ON sunday I always tend to have a late breakfast and a late lunch, which means I am not really hungry when it comes to dinner.

Anyway here is my best effort to show calories for today

breakfast:
2 x crumpets (200 cals)
spread (35 cals)

snack:
curly wurly (115 cals)

lunch:
gammon (172 cals)
mashed potato (292 cals)
2 x yorkshire puddings (250 cals)
turnip (30 cals)

pudding:
small banana (60 cals)
toffee muller yoghurt (110 cals)

afternoon snack:
curly wurly (115 cals)
5 starbust choosers (100 cals)

milk for tea (78 cals)

Total for today 1557

Hi karen im back for another nose i am 2 lbs away from target want to finish CD this weekend now.

when is your wi day?

Hi Shanny, I think you are my only visitor lol, but I will keep at it. Its a down day today and so far I am doing ok. (well I am hungry but managing lol) trying to keep my mind off food.

Wow 2lbs off target. congrats, I bet it feels good. I hope I get there one day.

I weigh in on Friday

Karen

I will be on here soon karen hoping to start on satday chick, been on net done more reading about JUDDD !

so will see you soon good luck for friday.x

Oh Shanny you will have to keep a diary so I can see how you are doing. As you are only 2lbs away from your goal, once you get to goal, I think you can eat 50-60% of your RMR on down days. Hopefully you will reach goal. It is also known as calorie cycling, the alternate day diet, the every other day diet, zig zagging and other things too, well that is what i have come across. never found any forums where they keep JUDDD diaries though like this.

I have been at a plateau for so long now that just to make the scales move will be short of a miracle! I was beginning to feel that I was just going to be this size for the rest of my life and no matter how much will power, the scales are not gonna move.

Good luck for Saturday, down days are really not as bad as you think x

Day 5 - down day

Wow Day 5 already, can't believe it's gone so quickly.

Here is how I have done today.

breakfast: crumpet with thin layer of spread (117 cals)
snack: 150g strawberries (48 cals)
lunch: ww chicken soup (95 cals)
snack: meringue nest (50 cals)
dinner: ham sandwich (156 cals)
100ml of milk for tea (48 cals)

Total of 514 cals

2 litres water
no exercise

Tomorrow is going to be a medium day. I am not really sure if it is recommended to have a medium day once a week or if people just use it if they have to but I need Wednesday to be an upday for tea at the M.I.L's.

I must try to exercise tomorrow. I did get the wii fit out last night but didnt get on it as we were out and I keep threatening to buy ea activefit thingymabob with the resist bands and I also like the look of just dance.

Hi Karen yep will be doing a diary with a friend of mine Msjsc we are starting satday.!

ive been working out my menus and all seems fine really.

your ham sandwich what bread is that please?x

it is danish white bread

Day 6 - Medium day

have not got much time tonight so here is how today went

breakfast - 2 crumpets and spread (235)

lunch - ham toastie (133)
- activia fat free strawberry yoghurt (100 cals)

snack - curly wurly (115 cals)

dinner - half tin heinz beans (151)
- 3 slices of warburton white bread (282)

Lucozade energy drink (218 cals) duh!!!!!
Total of 1234 cals

Exercise - 1 hour step class

I am so annoyed with myself as it wasnt until I got back from my step class that I realised what I had just drank in calories!!! I just picked the bottle without thinking of how many calories was in it. I am tut tut tutting!!

Day 7 - up day

Hi All.

today has been an up day for me. I have tried not to go too mad as I need to change things round for Saturday and make that an up day as I am off for a Chinese for a hen night. So I will make tomorrow a down day, get weighed on Friday and have Friday as a medium day of about 800 cals. Sunday is gonna be really hard, I dont think I can make that a down day but I am going to have to do something as it will mean from today it would have been down, med, up, up. I suppose I could go down, med, up, med. only problem is, that i need wednesday and sunday to be up days. I can cope with saturday as a down day (except this sunday when i go out), anyway I will figure it out.

Breakfast
2 crumpets with low fat spread (245 cals)

lunch
toasted ham sandwhich made with warburton medium white sliced(238 cals)
muller yoghurt (101 cals)

dinner
minced beef dinner with 2 yorkshire puddings, broccoli, turnip. (approx 750 cals)

evening snack
chewee bar (92 cals)

Total 1426 cals
no exercise today

Day 8 down day

I struggled a bit yesterday for some reason. That time of month I think. I had an early night too as I seemed very tired also. I have managed to copy and paste the food diary that I had yesterday to the table below. I didnt add the milk which I had for tea which was about 35 cals as I used skimmed yesterday.
EDIT *table didnt paste well*
Harvest Chewee Bar Milk Choc Chip 92 cals
Weight Watchers Country Vegetable Soup 92 cals
Walkers Quavers 16g 87 cals
Heinz Baked Beans (uk!) (half tin) 151 cals
Weight Watchers White Bread90 cals
Totals: 512 cals

Last edited:
Day 9 - medium day and Weigh In

Ok so weigh in this morning. Like I said this is my first week of JUDDDD, never even heard of it before I joined this site. My weight had plateaud for the last 2 months at between 13 stone 3 and 13 stone 2. I got on the scales this morning and I weighed............(drum roll)...............(bigger drum roll)......................

12 stone 12lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lost 5 yes 5 pounds this week. I cannot believe it and keep expecting the scales to go back up. I had been getting on during the week but I thought that it could just be a fluke but I will take that loss thank you very much. I am so so so so so chuffed. (can you tell? lol)

I have completed some of my goals too!. I got under the 13 stone mark and I am now only "overweight" in the BMI chart. I am no longer obese!!

So, back to today. I am doing a medium day as I am at a hen night chinese tomorrow night, so I might have to turn Sunday into a medium day, I dont think I could do a down day on a Sunday, its against the law isnt it? lol

Anyway, I am going for another week of JUDDDD, I am going to join the local council gym as the place where I work is offering a discount and to my surprise I did enjoy my step class the other night (the first one in about 13 years!)

here is my diet for today

Breakfast:
Ready Brek (108 cals)
Semi skimmed milk (72 cals)
Canderel Granulated Sweetener (cals 6)

Lunch:
2 slices Weight Watchers White Bread (90 cals)
2 slices Sainsbury's Wafer Thin Cooked Ham Slices (11 cals)

Afternoon snack:
2 x Meringue Nest (104 cals)
Walkers Quavers 16g (87 cals)

Dinner:
3/4 tin Heinz Baked Beans (uk!) (227 cals)
3 slices Warburtons Classic White Bread, Medium sliced (282 cals)

Total 987 cals
*edit* add another 98 cals for my naughty bag of crisps. tut tut

Total for the day 1085 cals

probably too many calories than i wanted to use but had a hungry day. Up day tomorrow for my chinese! yum yum dont think I will even try to put those calories down lol

Good luck starting the diet tomorrow xxx

Last edited:
grrr i just cant stop eating. I had another packet of crisps, walkers salt and vinegar baked crisps 98 cals!! I am so annoyed. this is supposed to be a medium day as I want to have a good night tomorrow. the last time I was out was I was really really good and wished I had of been on this diet so I could have had my peppered steak and home made chips instead of a healthier spag bol! oh and I would have also had the garlic pizza with cheese.............oh god ive made myself feel hungry again lol

Last edited:
Back