my new diary

kazzymc

Gold Member
Well im back after a long time away from here,, after a long time of trying to lose weight myself and it obviously not working as to many bad habits kick in, i have decided to try scottish slimmers as my next plan of action for losing weight,, i havent yet been to a class but theres one 2moro so i think i shall toddle along and see whats what.
Fingers crossed it all works out for me as im feeling really unhealthy and the health is suffering due to the added weight aswell as feeling fat and ugly all the time and being sick of not being able to fit into the clothes i like just all the old usual complaints, hopefully ill catch up with some of the people i used to talk to on here who i lost touch with take care everyone will update as soon as ive had my first meeting and know what the damage is

how did your class go?

Hi kazzy, welcome back hun, hope the class went well for yu :)
xxx

hiya ended up with financial problems this week doncha just hate unexpected bills,, but im going next week for definate, and after spending many an hour browsing there website seems like a weightloss plan i could follow without to much hassle lots of types of meals i enjoy anyway my aim is to get down one dress size between now and august 1st as its my daughters engagement party then im aiming low so i hope i dont disappoint myself one dress size would mean a huge diff to self esteem which is rock bottom so the only way is up

thanks guys ill be needing lots of support thru this im sure and plenty of kicks up the backside but i need to do this for me and my health

Well while im still not dieting as im waiting to go to the first class i am following some of the recipes from the scottish slimmers website and im trying to up liquid intake and cut back on the junk food in readiness for next week and my way of life,,,, i hope im not kidding myself,, i watched claire from steps weightloss for her wedding and it was brilliant ( wish i could have a personal trainer) lol i feel more like the lady from fix my fat head another good programme ahhh well guess thats what this diary is for my emotions and feelings wether good or bad and at the minute im in the middle but it is usefull writing this down

Hey Kazzy!

Sucks that that unexpected bill prevented you from going to Scottish Slimmers. Hope you get there soon, let us know how it goes :) That's cool you've been able to get some recipes, post us any good 'uns!

Bron

i sure will do

well all is well on the home front here i feel positive ive just had 2 salad tuna wraps all homemade for lunch very filling reasonably low fat and should keep me going for a few hours lol must stop snacking must stop snacking must stop snacking is my new mantra at least for today, need to sit down either 2moro or monday and work out as many meals for the week as i can before i go shopping on tuesday then hopefully i can keep the bill as low as possible and not buy crap i dont need but want badly lol anyone out there got any healthy snack tips i could give the kids that they would enjoy apart from fruit

Heh, I'll join you on that mantra, I've just been an eating machine recently.

Healthy snacks for kids... sounds random, but dry cereal. Not one of their five a day, but for a fairly sizeable portion you're looking at about 90 - 130 kcals a serving. Carrot sticks is a nice alternative too, and dried fruit is an excellent alternative to fresh. Exciting ones like mango and pineapple rock! Oo, and although pricey, Nakd bars are amazing!

Failing that, bake some low fat goodies :) If they join in, they'll love it!

Bron

bronski that is a fatastic idea making the kids there treats for the week coz im not a huge fan of treats but i could bake them biccys and cakes and not wanna eat them my downfall is crisps arggggggggg why are they so easy to eat they should be banned lol and it while baking wont keep my mind of food it will keep me occupied for a while mmmmm thinking now lol

Well as so my feelings today i woke up looked round the kitchen and decided at the minute im not hungry but to keep the hunger pang monster at bay i had a slice of melon and ive plenty of fruit in for later i treated myself to some of the prepacked fruit mixes i know its cheating but its nice lol i like my diet food to be yummy lol,,, debating is rice better for you than potatos any opinions be useful

i honestly don't know hon. they are both very starchy carbs... there may not be much in it. i would imagine that rice might fill you up more if you eat it slowly as it swells in the stomach. but i love potatoes too much :D so i'd always go with the spud :D

i'm glad i've managed to hunt you down. i was thinking of you last week actually. which is a bit spooky, ha. wondering what you were up to and how you were doing :)

needless to say i'm currently at work :D

abz xx

your just about always at work lol,,, i prefer rice and the scottish slimmers site alot of recipes have that aswell so ive been and bought lots of ready made rices which are allowed and can be split into 2 portions for myself and other half so we aint putting to much on the plate is only around 130-150 grams each depending on what type of rice it is also gonna use all the free veg were allowed to fill the meal out ,, and on the kiddies play piece and nibbling in the house to stop me buying crisps as ill eat them if there here ive made them sugar puff choccie cakes and flap jacks neither of which i like they smelt disgusting as i was making them especially the flapjacks yuck.

Well i managed to have a lovely dinner tonite i had half a pkt of rice lots of cabbage and carrot (ready shredded and sliced) and 3 scottish slimmers venison sausages really filling and totally yummy will have the sausages again for deffo.

Has anyone got a tefal actifry just wondering what opinions were on it

On the rice vs. spuds, I'd say rice. Potatos are high in starch and burn off quicker. Wholegrain rice fills you for longer.

Aw man, I wish I didn't like sweet treats! I'm a sucker for bakes, and just love to lick the spoon when I'm done :p Terrible, ain't it!

Glad you had such a good dinner :) Keep going!

Bron

nothing terrible about licking the spoon when baking lol i done it as a kid but my taste buds have changed as ive got older and i prefer savoury now thats not to say i dont like the odd sweet treat but as i dont buy many most of the time its a ice pop i have not much badness in one of them lol

Heh, maybe not, but I always feel so naughty when I do it :p

I think taste buds do change over the years. Mine have, but the problem is I now like damn near everything!

Oo, ice pops! That's a good idea, I might get some in for the summer time :)

Bron

Back