my new diary

was a challenge i set myself to make one dont think ill be in a hurry to do it again lol i take these mad turns lol

Haha, awesome! In that case, I also suggest marshmallows and fudge as challenges. Vegan ones are the absolute ultimate challenge! Hehe! Mmmm... Christmas cake! I've only taken to it recently, but would much rather have my father-in-law-to-be's chocolate yule log. To die for, definitely!

Awesome job on having such a good day! Ooo, engagement party! Congrats to your daughter, have they got a day booked for the wedding?

Bron

i LOVE christmas cake. my mum told me having fruit cake for my wedding was silly as nobody liked it... i LOVE it. so there :p but i'm having a layer of chocolate and a layer of plain sponge too, just to keep people happy :)

abz xx

ooo sounds like its gonna be a nice cake abz dont forget to post us all a slice just a wee one tho lol.

Im hoping daughters wedding wont be for around 10 years or so lol shes only 17 and while i dont wholly approve im being very supportive and spending a fortune on engagement party aswell as doing the buffet myself for them and her bloke is never away from the house lol im sure i should charge him rent

how long have they been together kazzy?

i was absolutely sure at 18 that me and then boyfriend were going to get married. we were together for 6.5 years before we decided that we would just be friends. and we very much are. i really hope that your daughter has found her soul mate :D

abz xx

they have been together just coming up for a year and known each other about a year and a half hes 23 so a little bit older than her hes a nice guy dont get me wrong and i do have a good laugh with him and all 4 of us have plenty of good drunken nights out and in come to that lol and i hope shes found her soul mate aswell im just a bit wary of the engagement i suppose its being "mum" but as i said im spoiling her with her engagement party so far ive spent around £300 on it

im looking forward to the party despite the hard work cooking all the food lol but should stil be a laugh i have a freezer full of food just for the party but my mum is gonna help prepare it all the hard part will be not nibbling as i cook it lol

My advise for your daughter on the wedding day; leave it as long as possible. Wedding planning takes forever, and it's such hard work! I still kinda wish that my fiance and I had left it couple of years, but no regrets really. But if your daughter's like you, she'll have a level head on her and she'll do the right thing :) It's ace that you get on with her fiance too, that's so important in relationships; getting on with the parents.

I never had an engagement party either. My stepmum's cousin had one recently, and she got £17,000 of gift money! Then she'll get more presents off the gift list! Now I wish I had an engagement party!! So you never know, that money might come back ten-fold!

Bron

how much!! holy moly. i'll be lucky if i get £1000 for my wedding!! ha. should have had one *grumble grumble* :D

yup. weddings are a nightmare. i know that in the future i'll be really chuffed that we've done what we've done, but right now i wish we'd just got a weddingmoon package from somewhere luxurious and gone there!! we would have saved thousands and been able to spend a month on a tropical island somewhere... friends and family would have to pay for themselves :D ha.

abz xx

abz xx

well ive told the OH ill marry if when hes a size 34 waist lol no pressure pmsl seeing as hes gonna follow my diet plan etc etc, so maybe one day we can be a pair of thinners rather than fatties.

Well i had a little blip last nite hunger got the best of me and i had a slice of toast late on i hate eating late and is a habit i need to get out off, just been shopping filled the cupboards with lots of healthy stuff and the bill wasnt to bad thank god lol.

Anyone got any tips for cooking tuna i bought a couple of frozen tuna steaks from asda and ive never cooked it before amazing what u find when u look in diff sections of the freezers pmsl.. ahhh well not long till the class 24 hours from now ill be gearing up and making my self ill at the thought of going arggggggg im such a wimp.
And ive got to go get fittings for my contact lens at 12 today ive never wore then before but im blind as a bat and i cant cope with specs not with 3 mental dogs launching themselves into my face wanting kisses from mummy.
ahhh well on the food front today ive had toast for brekkie and will be a late lunch so may just have some fruit instead of a full lunch to tide me over till teatime tonite

Wrap the tuna in alfoil with some herbs and lemon and cook in oven until cooked through. I usually squish tuna up and mix it in with mashed spuds but I have to get out of that habit! Gawd its yummy though!
Fish is something I need to eat more of as well. I was married to a professional fisherman for 12 years and all we ate was fish, I haven't touched fish since. Just the smell of it used to make me think of that man :shudders: Anyway hope the rest of the day went well and the water tip worked!! Have a good one!

i grill tuna steaks. avoid frying them!! :D oven baking in foil is scrummy and keeps more moisture in though :D

Don't fret about that piece of toast, it's better than having, say, an entire bag of mini Mars bars. If you were hungry, you did the right thing by not depriving yourself. And better to go to bed comfortably satisfied than painfully hungry. If you want to avoid it, a herbal tea always helps me; the warm feeling makes you feel more satisfied, and you can always drink a night variety to help you sleep!

I've only had tuna steaks once, and I fried them. Tin foil and grilling sound like good plans though. I usually Google anything I'm not sure about :)

Abz: Tell me about it! But with 6 weeks before the wedding, we might be a bit late for an engagement party!! I know what you mean; can't wait for the wedding day, but the amount of planning has been a shade of insane!!

Bron

evening everyone

Cheers for the tip caz that sounds yummy ill give that a go,,,, im terrible i dont eat fish much at all im scared of the bones in it terrified i choke i think i had a choking incident as a child so now when i eat fish if i get a bone i cant finish it.

Well ive had another good day food wise missed lunch as such as was at the opticians so when i got in i had some mixed fruit to tide me over till teatime had a nice cold meat salad with some pasta salad with a low fat dressing but not as low fat as id like i need to find a really tasty low fat one ,, this one had olive oil in it but as i needed to test it before the party wasnt gonna waste it as it was a new one for pasta salad i aint tried before.
I also splurged today and bought a wii fit to go with my daughters wii so had done half an hour on there aswell as having a laugh with my daughter as we done it together also had a nice walk with the 3 mad hounds this afternoon so my muscles ache and are wondering whats happened to them as the only excercise they normally get is walking to pub and home again lol.
So all in all a good day

Of all the things I miss most, fish is definitely the one thing I've missed since going completely vegeterian (I spent a while still eating fish.) Tuna steak is usually pretty free from bones, you'll probably be safe. Salmon's also pretty good, as are prawns. Prawns especially, if you get them pre skinned there will be no hard bits at all.

Yay, what a brilliant day! Well done on making sure you had something to eat after missing lunch and making a good choice with it. Aw bless, what kind of hounds have you got? Nothing like pets that give back with the gift of a walk and a slobber ;) Awesome on the Wii Fit too, I'd love to try one! Have fun with it!

Bron

well todays the day,,,, i go to join my first ever scottish slimmers class arggggggggg nerves lol, im sure it will be fine tho.

Decided to splurge last nite as a final splurge before the diet and im glad i did i feel ill thru it and im not in a rush to have a kebab again woke up with tummy ache from it so think kebabs are a no no splurge from now on.

Im all achey after my wii fit session yesterday but shall have another go later today ive worked out best time to fit it in is around 6ish when tv crap and nobody wants to watch anything. possibly be able to fit in a session during the day sometimes.

Bron i have 3 gorgeous staffordshire bull terriers big softys the lot of them lol,, love them to bits my little babies.

couldnt sleep this morning so up early and im not hungry yet but shall have something before i go out this morning no good going out on a empty stomach will just make me snack by midmorning.

ahhh well onwards and downwards (in weight) for another day lol

good luck babes!! what time are you going? can't wait to hear what it's like and how you do :D

abz xx

The meeting starts at 12.15 and they recomment getting there early so ill go for around 12

Hope your classes are as fun as the last one I went too. The ladies all gathered round and it was weigh in night. Everyone brought in a home made dish to share. Being only new and mostly there for support to a friend, did not bring anything. After weigh in 2 women started bickering over in the back corner and just as I went to dive into this amazing quiche dish, 2 massive hands ripped it from me and I cried as I watched it being launched across at this other woman. FOOD FIGHT!! It was bloody hilarious. I so wanted to go back but my friend pulled out. Of course, I was good on the calorie intake that night, I waited all bloody day for that feast!
Hope your meeting went really well! WII fit? Is that a game or something?

Back