My new journey on SW!

Eaton Mess

2.5 Syn Eaton Mess

INGREDIENTS

• About two handfuls of berries: raspberries are best, strawbs work fine too. I used about a tablespoon of raspberries and 5 or six strawberries.
  • sweetener
  • about 200 mls fromage frais and/or quark (Total 0% yog and Van FF yog)
  • couple drops vanilla
  • 1 meringue nest (about 12g)

METHOD

1. Mix the vanilla and some sweetener with the fromage frais or quark.
  2. Mush up the berries lightly with a form and add sweetener to taste. Or you can leave them whole if you like.
  3. Put a dollop of the quark/fromage frais mixture in the bottom of a tall glass.
  4. Spoon over berries.
  5. Add another dollop of quark mixture.
  6. Crumble some meringue on top.
  7. Repeat until glass is full.

Note: You can use the white chocolate option to make the fromage frais or Greek yoghurt more creamy

BBQ Sauce - Zero Syns

SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artificial sweetener
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper.

balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

If i'm ever craving something sweet i make an options hot chocolate (2 syns) with my HEa allowance of milk, and top with 2 tbsps of light squirty cream (1 syn) it really satisfies my chocolate craving!

You can also make a mousse using Quark, an options hot chocolate sachet and sweetener and dip fruit into it.

My most recent favourite is Chocolate Philidelphia (4.5 syns for 30g) on a banana or with strawberries, or simply freezing a flavoured mullar light (vanilla, toffee, mint etc) and blending it with my HEa allowance of milk to make a syn free milkshake :)

Hope those have helped!

Tomato Ketchup - Zero Syns

Syn Free Ketchup

1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp English mustard power
2 tsp white pepper
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
225ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer sauce gently for 40-45mins, stirring occasionally
Remove from heat, season with salt and allow to cool.
Blend mix in food processor, then sieve into a jug.
Pour into sterilised, sealable containers
Sauce keeps for up to 3 weeks in fridge

Thanks Lynda, these recipies sound great, i will try some out and let you know how I get on! Love the sound of the roulade one! Going to try the bbq sauce tomorrow :)

Rachel i was thinking about tying the chocloate phillidelphia but worried I would want to eat the whole tub! Sounds delish with the banana though. Will defo try the mousse with the options! Thanks.
xx

You can buy it in individual 30g tubs too! I just mark it into 5 sections in the tub and use that as a rough guide, 30g is more than enough anyway for a banana or to have with fruit, its quite sickly! x

I bought some of this last night but a bit worried having it in the house. I may dip in every visit to the fridge. :(

Well yesterday was another good day
Breakfast: bacon, poached egg and tomato
Tea: gammon, sw chips, beans
Hea and Heb toast and lc cheese
Snacks: chicken mugshot

Had a peek at scales which I know I shouldnt but cant help myself and it looks like ive gained 1lb?! Hope this changes fo Monday!
xx

Monday is a long way away.....
Just stay strong over the weekend :)

Good morning everyone!

Well yestarday was ok

Beakfast: scrambled eggs and bacon with grilled tomato
Tea: pork loin, SW chips, swede and carrots with gravy 3 syns
Hea heb: weetabix and milk, i had this when i got in from work lastnight but I couldnt shake the hunger so I made scrambled eggs and bacon again!!
I feel like I have ate too much, I know these foods are free but could I be eating too much?
The thing I am finding hard on this is snacks, I have no idea what kind of snack to make, this is normally when I would reach for some crisps and chocolate to satisfy my craving!
xx

Morning,

For savoury snacks a good idea is to cook little quiche or a frittata they will last all week and are free and fruit for sweet snacks.

Quiche
Lean sliced ham (not the thin one and a smoky one is nice)
Eggs x 3
Cottage cheese 250g pot (I use the chive one it gives a better flavour)
chopped onion, pepper, mushrooms & bacon all fried down using frylight.
Salt and pepper to taste
Sliced cherry toms to go on top

Mixed the eggs, cooked ingredients and cottage cheese, well together. Using a patty tin spray frylight, to stop sticking, and line each one with the ham, cut to size. Then spoon the egg mixture on the ham. Top with sliced cherry toms. Cook for approx 20 mins, or until firm to touch, on 180 c gas 4.

Very nice hot but store in fridge in sealed container will keep for up to a week. Nice with salad or just when you need a little something savoury.

You can change this recipe up with different veg or cooked chicken instead of ham cases.

There is a good frittata recipe in the latest mag.

Have a good day :)

Hi! Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your diary! It is actually amazing how much you can eat & still lose weight!!

Don't worry about home scales, the only weigh in that matters is the official one.

Just one thing, are you following Extra Easy? You should fill every meal with 1/3rd superfree & also make superfree your first choice of snacks.

So if your having cereal have a banana or summer fruits on top.

Looking good so far keep up the good work, looking forward to following you on your journery.
Sxx

Hi! yea im on EE plan, i have been having fruit, just never added it onto my diary, been eating bananas and oranges, i just hope its enough!
xx

Well Chazz how did your weigh-in go??
:scale:

Hi Lynda, I lost 6lb! Not been on over the weekend though as have had parties right through, not had a min! I am convinced some of this loss could be to do with the lack of food and too much drink! Got told at sw though that if I stick to the plan right through the week it should stay off. xx

Wow :wow:

Well done great start I'm sure it will stay off.:0clapper:

:talk017:

Back