Step 1 Sole Source My New Start

Beebuzz

Hi All,
:)
Im new to the Cambridge Diet and am going to my consultant next week (hopefully) to get everything set up. Cant believe i have let myself get to this weight. it started after i left uni and growing up with 4 slim sisters it was always hard not to be conscious of my weight. instead of doing something about it i eat for comfort when im sad, happy, excited, nervous etc. any excuse really. but this is the end. i am determined to do it this time. i have tried various diets such as slimming world, the cabbage soup diet, celebrity slim, weigh watchers - anything to lose weight but i didnt stick at them. this time will be different, i HAVE to get my weight down.

my main reason for doing this is my big sister. she is getting married in France, May next year (last minute booking) and she has asked me to Bridesmaid. Obv i would love to get down to a size 10 (who wouldnt?!). But the most important reason is; she was 8 when i was born, was excited about mum taking me home from hospital, remembers my first tooth growing, dressing me up and she said all this to me one night whilst crying. she loves me unconditionally but it hurts her when she sees what im doing to my body, distroying those teeth with all my fizzy drinks, seeing me upset when i buy clothes just to hide under rather than clothes i want so badly to dress up in. it really hit home that im not just effecting myself, but my family and boyfriend. they all love me for who i am, but they see how upset and angry i get when shopping for outfits, how uncomfortable i get when im lying on the couch and how self conscious i am when i do dress up.

so thats it folks :). im going to need a lot of support because i tend to always find an excuse to give up but i dont want to face that disappointment if i did. i've been reading the forum for a few days now and everyone is so inspirational and should be so proud of yourselves. im envious of the courage and willpower you all have. i will hopefully be the same in a few months. sooo whos with me :)?

i have one question though - i know this is a drastic diet and you lose weight so quickly, im afraid of excess skin. can anyone advise any good creams that could help prevent/help this? xx

Goal 1 - Attend my first meeting and my dreaded weigh in
Goal 2 - Get below 15stone
Goal 3 - Feel comfortable in size 18 trousers
Goal 4 - Get below 14st 7lbs
Goal 5 - Get below 14st
Goal 6 - Get into size 16 trousers
Goal 7 - Get to 13st 7lbs
Goal 8 - Get below 13st - Reward myself with getting my Teeth Whitened :)
Goal 9 - Get into size 14 trousers
Goal 10 - Get below 12st 7lbs
Goal 11 - Get below 12st - Reward myself with getting my hair done
Goal 12 - Get into size 12 trousers
Goal 13 - Get below 11st 7lbs
Goal 14 - Get below 11st
Goal 15 - Get below 10st 7lbs
Goal 16 - Get into size 10 trousers
Goal 17 - Reach my goal of 10st - Buy a whole new wardrobe :)

Good luck beebuzz I'm sure you will achieve your goals in no time at all. We are all here to support each other through the good and the bad. Good luck for ur 1st consultation

Martha x

Good luck Beebuzz. Your story was so touching and I really hope you can stick with this one as the results are amazing but its not easy however hopefully you are in the right frame of mind this time. We are all here to support you through this so dont be afraid to ask if you have any worries or are feeling low. I cant really help you with the excess skin as I dont think its a problem for me yet but keep well moisturised and I also try to go swimming as its low impact but great for firming up all those wobbly bits. In the first few weeks dont worry too much about exercise/toning as you need to let your body get used to it and to be honest you wont have any energy anyway.

Well done on taking those first few steps though. You can do it :D

Hey Beebuzz, all the very best of luck to you on your journey - it's a great diet and the weight will soon be falling off you! I've been using Palmer's firming butter since day 1 of Cambridge (a kind of pre-emptive strike!) and so far I feel it's helping me - skin doesn't seem too saggy and I swear the stretch marks on my arms are a heck of a lot less noticeable! Am hoping that it will be a help in my journey, time will tell!
x

Good luck! It's good to have a goal to aim for! When I did Lighter Life Total 5 years ago I had a holiday and my babies christening to aim for. It felt amazing doing the grand reveal at the christening and I had the best holiday ever! You can do it!,

I really hope you will achieve your goals, you sound motivated enough and you have made a great step in setting out your goals so I think you will do well. I am on day 5 and it has taken willpower but I am already feeling better for it and I have found this site to be a motivator for me today in reminding me of how much I could be losing each week....weigh in Sunday night I can't wait!! Good luck with starting, keep posting x

Last edited:
Well done beebuzz for making the decision, I'm a bit like yourself, have tried everything to do it before, but I have/had( it never goes away fully IMHO) and emotional connection with food, which is probably why this diet will suit you. It takes food completely out of the equation and that was a godsend for me. Therefore while your on your journey and hit an emotional bump in the road, you have to find a different way of dealing with it so in one sense it's very cathartic doing this diet as you find and learn you can deal with things without reaching for the junk food! As regards the loose skin, good news and bad!! Dependant on how much you have to lose which from what I can cpgather is about the 5stone mark, you will get some loose skin it's inevitable but if you use something like bio oil( which primark now sell much cheaper than any chemist) or something like the palmers that will reduce the noticability( I think I just made up my own word there) of stretch marks. Once your established on the diet I would recommend you do some strength training, you don't need to do much cardio as the calories are already being burned through ketosis so I would suggest something like kettle bells as they honestly give you a fantastic core strength and work muscles you never knew you had! This will help fight against loose skin! I myself lost 9 stone and did have loose skin which was very noticeable on my bingo wings and tummy so I chose to have it removed....only because at the time I was in the position to afford it at the time. If I hadn't I would have been ok with it too though, but don't worry about all that now. Just get started and through the first week and you will be flying, and we are all here to support each other.
Remember....nothing tastes as good as slim feels! ?

thanks all fo your support :). so i am hopefully starting tomorrow. i am meeting my consultant tonight for the first time and im a bit nervous. i am getting my tonsils out on friday so i was hoping that the fact i cant eat solids is going to bode well for me ;). it will hopefully get me off to a good start anyway lol! my consultant has to check with Cambridge Weight Plan that im actually allowed to start before having surgery so i will find out in a couple of hours. fingers crossed :rolleyes:. does anyone out there know if this is allowed or what effect it may have on me? xx

I started Cambridge in June but after 3 weeks I had to have a minor operation under a general anaesthetic. I had to stop the diet for 3 months and am starting again tomorrow. I hope this is not the case for you but I suspect it will be.

thanks for your response :). fingers crossed it will be ok for me to do it as im in the right frame of mind this time x

I'm gutted. Went to meet with my consultant last night and she told me I cant start for another 4weeks. I was in the right frame of mind and really motivated now im just so disheartened. It feels as though I've put on a stone because i wanted to have 3stone off my xmas and now I'll only have 2. It's just knocked me off my train of thought of doing it properly this time round. :cry: I just hope in a months time I'll be just as eager to start... :sigh:

Apparently its to do with the recovery of getting my tonsils out. They advise me to eat toast and food with texture to help my throat heal and my consultant said that shakes will not help the recovery :(. i dont understand though, if the diet is supposed to be full of the nutrients and vitamins surely it will help me recover faster as i dont usually eat my vitamins etc? im just so upset about it, would love to cancel my operation just so i could give this diet a go lol

hi again! ok, i have officially started the CD. i started yesterday and although im not fussed on the taste of the shakes or soup im going to stick at it and try to have 2stone (hopefully) by xmas. going to keep browsing on this to keep me motivated. my biggest fear is slipping up and giving up. realistically if i can give up smoking (an addiction|) i should be able to give up food :confused:. well CD, lets be having ye!!!

hi all! so im in my third week and 11pounds down. so happy with the progress and hoping to get my stone by the end of this week. hows everyone doing??

quick question though, im not sure if this is diet related but my heart beat has gone funny in the last 3days. Every few beats it seems to beat quite hard. its not sore or uncomfortable but its a strange feeling. almost as if my hearts skipping a beat or im being dropped? hard to explain but would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this while on the diet. if not maybe i should get it checked at the doctors...

Back