My no compromise shopping trip

Thornhill Cate

50+ and fabulous
A friend's husband took my son and their two boys to watch the Wales v England game at the Millennium Stadium today. So with a free afternoon we went shopping. We went to a large M&S in Cardiff and spent three hours browsing round with only one coffee break. Anyway, I bought two pairs of shoes, a sleeveless blouse in a 14 and two dresses, also in a 14. Now they don't fit me yet, and I know I said in another post that I was never going to buy clothes that were too small for me again in the hope that I would slim into them, but I LOVED these dresses and, for once, thanks to LT I KNOW I will get into them, and in a matter of weeks. Buying the 16s would have been a waste of money. Of course, I might end up needing 12s but if that happens, I'll have the dresses taken in. What was a real boost was seeing all the lovely things and feeling that finally I could buy what I really wanted instead of having to compromise due to my size. It is such a great feeling. :dooney:

Good for you Cate. You've got the lovely dresses to look forward to and the summer coming up soon - enjoy.

Thanks SB, your photos are truly inspirational. I'm going to be 50 in December which has been one of the main drivers that got me on this LT kick. Aiming to be at goal by early July and then will have my 50th as my incentive to develop good maintenance habits. I too want to be fit and fabulous at 50, and I'm determined that I will be!

Thanks Cate. I'm 56 (can't believe it!).
I feel younger nowadays than I've done for 25 years. So much time wasted! Making up for lost time now.
My OH says it's like having a new wife. He's never known me slim.
Maintained now for over 2 years and loving it.
It's great that some people I know have also been inspired to lose weight because they can see that maintenance is possible and you can st.ill enjoy your life.
Good luck to you

youre all an inspiration, i'm so happy I joined this site!!

Back