My nurse was horrible too

slimmerkay

Silver Member
Like Tazzy21 I went to the nurse today and had a bad experience. But at least my nurse is the Diet Advisor at my doctors.

I was given 12 free vouchers for SW and told if I attended every week I could have 12 more. My first visit with this nurse she was really helpful and nice.

I went to see her today to see if I could get more vouchers as I only have 2 left. She weighed me and said no because I hadn't lost enough. I've lost 13lb since first going to see her but ok only 7lb since joining SW (well 12 really but I put 2lb on one week and 3lb on this week).

I said I thought you only had to attend every week to qualify for more vouchers and she said "Yes but you have to try to lose weight too, that is the objective."

B*TCH :mad:

I have to go back in two weeks and must have lost 4lbs more by then.

:eek: Kay I am sorry to hear that.
Don't let her get you down, you can do it and you have been lossing weight. You should be proud of your success so far and sounds like your a determined lady. We are here to support you :hug99:

Thanks hun :D

What is it with the "caring" profession? :mad:

13 lbs is REALLY good - it's nigh-on a stone for crying out loud and probably 2 bmi points

Well done on your loss

xx

Thanks Toots.

It's weird to see your name keep popping up because my friend on another forum has the same username (why I sent you the message).

What a cheeky *****. Kay, you make prove her wrong, you are doing so well already!

I had a similar conversation a few years ago, but it was with a doctor.

When i asked for help with losing weight, she told me 'the only thing i can do, is refer you to the hospital and they can wire your jaw shut'.

Anyway, since then i have left that surgery and joined another, and have the most wonderful nurse who i check in with monthly, she is really motivating and friendly, and never judgemental, which is what you expect, but most of the time, never get.

Unfortunately they don't do the SW referal scheme in this borough though.

What a cheeky *****. Kay, you make prove her wrong, you are doing so well already!

I had a similar conversation a few years ago, but it was with a doctor.

When i asked for help with losing weight, she told me 'the only thing i can do, is refer you to the hospital and they can wire your jaw shut'.

Anyway, since then i have left that surgery and joined another, and have the most wonderful nurse who i check in with monthly, she is really motivating and friendly, and never judgemental, which is what you expect, but most of the time, never get.

Unfortunately they don't do the SW referal scheme in this borough though.

OMG! :eek:
Cant believe a doctor said that to you! Thats terrible :(

OMG UG I didn't even think they did that any more! That is really shocking!

Kay that is horrible, but you can lose that 4lb and prove her wrong. I don't know if they will give me more vouchers when I have used mine but I have to go back when they run out. I hope I get to see the nice nurse when I go back though cus the other one is a bit offish!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Thats unbelievable!!!!! you should of knocked her out!!

To be honest, i am a total wimp, so i would never have done that, and i was speechless really, i already didn't like this woman (her husband is actually my gp but she stands in for him when he is away) so when she said that, i kinda just mumbled 'oh ok' and walked out and cried my eyes out down the phone to my poor bewildered friend Rob lol

My mum went mad though and wanted to go down there, but i didn't like a scene.

But i believe in karma her husband was arrested on terrorism charges

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, i left the practice soon after that and transfer to another one, and they are just great.

Funnily enough, she is there, but he was struck off, personally she must have known what was going on, and should have been struck off too.

Can you just ring and ask doc reception about if they do sw referral schemes?

I want to know if mine does this, but I don't want to make an appointment if they don't

I dont believe in Karma - but I do enjoy watching 'My Name is Earl' xx

Yeah, no harm and ringing up and finding out if they do, but what is your local nhs trust, maybe we can google it and find out?

He touched your foot - absolutely love it - you should have sold your story! x

Maybe i still can Rainbow, it will fund my christmas presents lol

Nah, i am holding out for my 'slimmer world slimmer of the year' spread lol so roll on 2010, when supposidly i am supposed to reach my target lol oh so depressing that lol

Back