My NY Resolution

So I have attempted SW more times than I can remember, the first being around 5 years ago. I did really well and lost 3st but for some reason I keep falling off the wagon. I am now heavier than when I first began all those years ago and I am determined to get down to a size 8 (I am a size 18-20 atm). I know it will take a long time and I am ready for that. I need to change my lifestyle, not just my diet.

Rather than sitting in front of the tv in the evenings, I will go out somewhere or do an exercise dvd (I have plenty!). When on a night out, I will stick to low cal drinks and not the sweet ones that taste nicer - this will probably help my hangovers as well!! I also have a theory that when I have a day off and I slob out in my trackies and stuff I also seem to binge eat - so I also plan to do my hair and make-up properly on these days and find something to do, like walk the dog or go for a coffee with a friend. I am hoping these little changes will stick and make a difference.

Also, I will be writing on here everything I eat and drink, any exercise I do and what I was wearing on said day. This might shame me into doing something right.

Hope this works, wish me luck!! X

Hi XOXONicola! My story is similar to yours but I have quite a bit more to go in dress sizes! Christmas hasn't helped but time to start afresh in 2012. The changes you suggest sound good. It's just summoning the motivation to put the make up on/walk the dog! I'm sure you will do it. This forum is incredibly helpful and motivating.
Lots of luck and here's to a slimmer healthier 2012 xx

So far today I had a bowl of Baked Beans for breakfast, a bowl of tomato & butterbean soup for lunch and, because I forgot to bring any food to work with me today, 2 packets of Sour Cream and Onion Snack-a-Jacks for dinner. I might have something else when I get in tonight but I dont finish work until 11pm so I might not. Since starting SW the first time I have taken a liking to Penne pasta mixed in with Baked Beans. It tastes good, keeps you full and is free food so the weight just falls off! Sometimes I add some quorn pieces or some tuna if I fancy something different. I am at work today so I am wearing my Black skinny fit trousers, black shirt and a black boyfriend cardigan (in case you haven't guessed, my uniform is to wear black:) ), along with leopard-print ballet pumps, natural make-up amd my hair worn down and straightened. Not feeling too hungry yet either, I've been filling up on water and black coffee, but that is the beauty of SW - you never need to feel hungry! The whole idea is genius!

Hi XOXONicola! My story is similar to yours but I have quite a bit more to go in dress sizes! Christmas hasn't helped but time to start afresh in 2012. The changes you suggest sound good. It's just summoning the motivation to put the make up on/walk the dog! I'm sure you will do it. This forum is incredibly helpful and motivating.
Lots of luck and here's to a slimmer healthier 2012 xx

Thanks hun! I hope it works, only time will tell. Good luck and stay strong x

Hi again -just read your post about pasta and baked beans and that made me lol as it's a meal I often have and didn't think anyone else in the world would ever eat it! I have sweetcorn as well mixed in with the baked beans and sometimes my HE cheese on top - yummy!! I love the description of what you wore today and your hair and make up. I've always loved my make up and clothes but given up since I put so much weight on. I've got drawers full of make up and I've got a drawer full of Barry M eyeshadows. You've inspired me to start making an effort again. How many syns are the rice cakes please hun as I like them and hadn't thought about them in ages!xx

Hi again -just read your post about pasta and baked beans and that made me lol as it's a meal I often have and didn't think anyone else in the world would ever eat it! I have sweetcorn as well mixed in with the baked beans and sometimes my HE cheese on top - yummy!! I love the description of what you wore today and your hair and make up. I've always loved my make up and clothes but given up since I put so much weight on. I've got drawers full of make up and I've got a drawer full of Barry M eyeshadows. You've inspired me to start making an effort again. How many syns are the rice cakes please hun as I like them and hadn't thought about them in ages!xx

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
From searching on here and googling it I have come to the conclusion that Snack-a-Jacks are 6 syns a bag.
I absolutely love eating baked beans and pasta, it's my go-to meal if I can't think of anything for dinner. I really want to try it with sweetcorn now as well, its sounds great!!

Thanks as well for the compliments on what I was wearing. I really find that it does make you feel so much better about yourself and really encourages you to try your hardest to look nice, after all, that is why we are all dieting isn't it? To look nice and feel good about ourselves?

I am having SUCH a good day today. I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself mid-week and I should wait until the end of the week but I couldn't help myself .... On Sunday I was 15st10lbs and today I am 15st3lbs!! I love the feeling when you are expecting that number on the scales to go up a bit more but it just stays there!
5 years ago, when I first started using SW, I weighed 14st7lbs so my first goal is to get back to that weight, then I will see where I go. My ultimate goal is to be a size 8, weighing around 9st so I have a long journey ahead of me.
I have had a few slip ups this week and have caved into the leftover xmas food (biscuits and pringles and such). But I think that seeing the results of this week will motivate me to try harder and see what I can do.
Yesterday, I ate:
Half a Grapefruit
Tomato & Butterbean Soup
Banana
Pasta & Baked Beans
2x Strawberries

Today I think will probably be the same, but I am having a spag bol tonight with the fam.

Good morning

Reading posts like yours, where you sound so positive, help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

thank you and have a good day x

Haven't been on here in a few days, I've been too ashamed :( let's just say that I ain't doing so well this week compared to last week.
Since the weekend, I have had a slice of stollen cake, numerous packets of space raiders, PIZZA, Lord knows why but I have just completely forgotten about my goal and I am almost certain to gain this week at WI. I have to start a fresh tomorrow. My new motivation is I have applied for a job in a posh clothes shop and their clothes start at a size 14. If I get this job I will need to wear their clothes as a uniform so I will absolutely have to lose at least 2 dress sizes.

Supposed to be meeting up with my friend Sarah and my cousin Lauren tomorrow. Whenever we get together we always end up going for lunch somewhere like Harvester or Pizza Hut so I'm going to try and encourage them to go to an exercise class instead. I'm sure I can find a body combat class or something like that, should be fun. Only trouble is they are lazy cows and getting off the sofa might be a bit of a struggle lol.

Will keep you posted on how we get on x

Hiya! Thanks for the syns on the Snacka Jacks and well done for the weight loss the other day.

Don't worry about going off plan - just jump back on; think of all the discounts you'll get on those posh clothes! I think it's always hard getting straight back on after Christmas but a slip up or two isn't the end of the world, just get back on the wagon. You can do it!!xx

Hiya! Thanks for the syns on the Snacka Jacks and well done for the weight loss the other day.

Don't worry about going off plan - just jump back on; think of all the discounts you'll get on those posh clothes! I think it's always hard getting straight back on after Christmas but a slip up or two isn't the end of the world, just get back on the wagon. You can do it!!xx

Thanks hun, I'm feeling better about it now, at least I didn't go OTT with it at the end of the day. Fresh slate today, doing well so far.

Half a grapefruit for breakfast and a slice of bacon just now when I walked through the kitchen at work. It's someones birthday today so I am using all my willpower to stay away from the frosted cupcakes!!:innocent0002:

I have decided I am going to take the plunge and re-join my local gym tonight. I used to go a few years back but couldn't find the time to go when I started this job. But my hurs have settled down now and so I can probably go at least once a week and it will keep me off the sofa and out of the cupboard in the evenings!

I will give them a call tonight and see if I can get a good deal on a membership:whacky068:

Wish me luck x

Okay, good day today. I was planning on getting up early and doing a bit of exercise before work but that went out the window when I woke up and looked at the clock and it was almost 11!!! oops, oh well. So I missed breakfast, had a pasta bake thing for lunch - penne pasta, chopped tomatoes, low fat cream cheese and a bit of pepper. At work tonight so I stopped off in Asda on the way and spent a redic amount on fruit - got a bowl of melon, a bowl of mango, snack pot of strawberries, grapes and apple slices and a tray of sushi. I also bought 2 magazines about new year diets for inspiration.

I feel like I'm flagging a bit because I just cba a lot of the time. I'm getting better with the food side of things, I just have zero motivation when it comes to exercise and I know that is the part that will do the most good. I'll be okay when I get going, it's just finding the energy in the first place.

I am going to put a picture of Miley Cyrus in her bikini on my fridge to inspire me. I think that is what I want to look like in the end as she is very toned and slim but she looks in proportion and not like a lollipop head you seem to get all across hollywood atm.

Will keep you posted as to how I get on x

I found a better picture - I want to look like this:

image-3-for-geri-halliwell-s-next-bikini-range-for-2011-gallery-163368852.jpg

This is my new goal. Along with fitting in a pair of Size 8 skinny jeans lol x

Hi Nic! Nice picture of Gezza there! It's good to have someone for your 'thinspiration'. Mine is Marilyn Monroe. I've always loved that glam Hollywood look and if I ever get to her size again (did once - years ago lol) I would go all out for it with the clothes and make up and hair. Just wondered if you've tried mushy pea and baked bean curry? There's a recipe on here for it - I'll get you the link if you're interested. Had it tonight with SW chips and it was bloomin' GORGEOUS!! Real comfort food!xxx

Hi Nic! Nice picture of Gezza there! It's good to have someone for your 'thinspiration'. Mine is Marilyn Monroe. I've always loved that glam Hollywood look and if I ever get to her size again (did once - years ago lol) I would go all out for it with the clothes and make up and hair. Just wondered if you've tried mushy pea and baked bean curry? There's a recipe on here for it - I'll get you the link if you're interested. Had it tonight with SW chips and it was bloomin' GORGEOUS!! Real comfort food!xxx

Thanks hun!
Yeah, I see where you're coming from with the whole Marilyn Monroe thing, she is a timeless beauty.

That curry sounds great!! I would love the recipe if you have a link for it, my OH has a thing about curry so I could probably cook it for the both of us.

Hi, my goal size is also a size 8 - but I don't know how realistic that is for me as I have quite large hip bones. My starting size was 18-20 and I have managed to get down to a 12-14 (12 tops if they have a lot of give hehe. size 14 everything else) and I was almost down to a 10-12 before I went and put a stone back on again. Point is, it is do-able so keep going! When I was an 18, I could never have imagined what I'd look like a 14, but its a great feeling. I'm aiming to get down to 10 stone, see what size I am then, if I feel there is still fat to go, I will try for 9 1/2 stone.

Wishing you luck!

JoJo x

Thanks hun!
Yeah, I see where you're coming from with the whole Marilyn Monroe thing, she is a timeless beauty.

That curry sounds great!! I would love the recipe if you have a link for it, my OH has a thing about curry so I could probably cook it for the both of us.

3 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
onions and mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 tablespoon of sweetener
curry powder to taste ( i use the schwartz mild curry powder as im not good with spicy foods)
fry light

brown off the onions and mushrooms in some fry light, then add all the rest of the ingredients and leave on the heat for approx 20-30 mins. If you find the mixture to thick just add some water.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/80690-mushy-pea-curry.html

Enjoy! Catch you later xxx

Back