my O/H is finding this diet super difficult

Eiregirl

My boyfriend is doing this with me for support and he has become so negative and it is getting hard for me to cope with it. He is not motivated to lose weight as it is not something that he cares about at all he is happy with how he is and that is perfectly fine, does not effect how I feel about him. He is upset about my negative body image (have gained 70 pounds since meeting him) and he just wants me to be ok with myself which I know I am on the way for. It is really frustraiting as I know he is only doing this because I am and he just wants off and to go eat again. It is actually causing us to argue a bit as he is getting depressed over the diet, I am trying to motivate him as much as I can be he is just set in thinking that it sucks and that it is never going to end :( we only have untill the 21st left so it honestly isnt too much longer but he wont focus on that!

Has anyone else expereinced this with their parter? if so any advice

Hiya :) like you i have gained a lot of weight since meeting my OH too and my body image is dreadful, have been so unhappy with myself and it was really causing problems cos i was so down all the time. He doesn't need to lose weight and is happy with himself so that's great, Im one week on LT now and feeling great- I've done it before in the relationship but i moaned and was grumpy and jealous of him eating and too unhappy with myself to even go out so i failed but this time Im a week on it today and i know i NEED to do this, we've just booked our first holiday away-first September- and my attitude has totally changed, even my body image slightly. He's been eating galore and it hasn't bothered me at all he's always making me peppermint tea and coffee etc and we've made sure to get out loads. I even wore a swimsuit at the beach today! That's a massive achievement for me!
Could you cope if your OH wasn't doing it with you? You sound really motivated on your own and if he's happy with his body does he really need to do it?
It's really not that hard having your OH eating around you once you're really in the right state of mind and you sound like you are!x

it may end up being the case that I do it alone but I will have to see he is going to stick to 3 more weeks and then we have a break as loads of family are coming from overseas and we are going to reevaluate after but I do think it will just be myself or weight watchers instead

I'm the same I gained weight once meeting my other half, I'm on day 2 of my journey and its going well, I can cook his meals and not even be tempted which I'm shocked about as I was on a low carb diet before lipotrim and I struggled. U probably be better off doing it on ur own hun as ur concentrating on the both of u atm and u need to concentrate on urself xx

We had a big heart to heart last night and this is going to be his last week as it made me so sad that he is so depressed. He will re-feed when he is out of food and then he will be starting Slimming world online as he just can not cope without the food. We only have 3 weeks left before our break so i will have 2 weeks of the diet while he is eating which I dont think is too bad as we have drastically different hours and I dont think I will see him eating but even if he does it will be ok as I have my eyes on my goal and nothing is going to stop me :)

That's the ticket! My hubby is doing the diet with me,too. In fact he's lost 2 stone already, and is looking great. I find it easier that he's on it with me, as I don't feel jealous of him eating, etc. BUT equally, I still have to make 3 meals a day for our 4 kids! So it's doable! ;)
You keep those eyes on the prize, you're doing great!

Back