My OH just doesnt get it!!!!

Felix

Gold Member
Arghhhhh I'm so annoyed!!!

When I restarted on Monday I explained to my OH that I really need to stick to CD now and I need him to help me by not buying any bad food in, and not tempting me to take aways.

Now I'm not blaming him for this in any way, but all was going well until Tuesday when he suggested going to Nandos and I was all set on having a chicken salad. He ended up deciding on having chips etc and said I should have it too if I really wanted to. I ended up caving and ate a massive carby meal :( it was my decision though so it was my own doing.

Then last night I had really bad pains from TOTM and couldn't stand up properly without being in pain and didn't want to cook my SS+ meal. He suggested getting a chicken kebab and I almost said yes but went to bed instead. I ended up having an omelette.

Then tonight he's done it again! I've been 100% for 2 days now and don't really want my SS+ meal and I'm really tired, and he's asking me if I want a kebab AGAIN!!!! I'm saying no and now he's got the face on and he's saying 'ok I won't have anything either then' and trying to make me feel guilty? I told him to order himself one and I'm not bothered!

I don't know why he's doing this. He doesn't understand that I dont want to be tempted like this even though I've explained this to him at the start and he agreed to help me out and help me to stick to the diet. He's supposed to be following the SS+ plan too but doesn't have as much left to lose as I do. I thought it must be because hes bored of the diet, but when we were going to swap to weight watchers he really wasn't keen and wanted to stay on cd.

It's making things so much harder and I don't know what to do :(

Arrghhh!!! Men!! Mine is the same!! he will go to the shop and call me saying do u want chocolate? or shall we just get pizza tonight? he just dont get it and when i get the hump with him he just says i was testing you!! load of rubbish!!! x

my husband was like that when i was on sw but must say hes been fab this time.

My oh is doing it too. He's just said he's going to treat me on Sunday to a lovely dinner with homemade trifle and devils food chocolate cake even though he knows I'm on Day 1 of my next round of ss for 12 weeks and this time I'm going to be 100% on plan. Men!

I think men get paranoid you're going to get slim, meet someone new and run away with them!! X

I think men get paranoid you're going to get slim, meet someone new and run away with them!! X

Maybe... :hmm:

But I think it's probably more to do with the fact that they're used to being able to use food to make you happy. :)

Let's face it - in the past, you've beamed at him with joy when he's suggested going out for a meal or sending out for a takeaway.

But now he's a bit stumped. You're all moody and grumpy because you can't eat - and he wants to cheer you up. But his numero uno plan for cheering you up - the one that never fails - isn't going to work. What's a man to do, LOL? He's going to have use his imagination - and that's hard work... :D

Haha Lily I think you've cracked it!!!! I need to somehow get it in to his head that he should spend the take away money on a bunch of flowers instead :D

Maybe... :hmm:

But I think it's probably more to do with the fact that they're used to being able to use food to make you happy. :)

Let's face it - in the past, you've beamed at him with joy when he's suggested going out for a meal or sending out for a takeaway.

But now he's a bit stumped. You're all moody and grumpy because you can't eat - and he wants to cheer you up. But his numero uno plan for cheering you up - the one that never fails - isn't going to work. What's a man to do, LOL? He's going to have use his imagination - and that's hard work... :D

Very true!

Back