My personal Colonic Irrigation Review whilst on SS+

comit2013

My review of Colonic Irrigation, benefits or not and weight loss whilst following Cambridge Diet SS+

I've had 3 colonic irrigation (Colon Hydrotherapy) sessions over the last 3 weeks each a week apart. I've been following SS+ diet 100% for the last approx 6 weeks.

My losses have been low and in my own opinion not improved by having the procedure.

The first week I did actually release quite a lot of waste but not as much as I expected. The second week barely anything and the third week (today) even less so. I'm assuming the first week must have been older waste accumulated from when I had been eating before (bare in mind I had the first colonic 3 weeks into doing SS+)

After the first session I did feel better in myself but am questioning whether this was in fact psychological as I have not noticed a better feeling following sessions two or three.

My skin is less blemished over the last few weeks but again I put this down to following SS+ as I'm getting all the vitamins etc... needed whereas my eating style before was terrible. Some people associate colonics with improved skin but I'm not convinced especially with the amount of water we drink on SS+.

Anyway the three sessions cost £170 lasting an hour, 40 mins then 40 mins. The nurse recommends I go back in a few months. I've had a colonic irrigation procedure before but never the recommended three sessions a week apart that the therapists recommend until now.

I'm not sure now that I'll bother to have it done again as I feel the Cambridge Diet will give my body everything it needs and colonic irrigation isn't the most comfortable procedure although not painful.

I will begin today taking Cambridge Fibre as a top up everyday to hopefully prevent constipation again.

Sorry if this was too much info but I've been asked about it a few times and thought I'd share my personal experience xx

Thanks for telling us that. I have wondered about having a session for emergency weightloss before weigh in with my doctor, but on further research, discovered this from Wikipedia "no surgeries, autopsies, or other observations of colons have discovered and evidence of compacted feces or other evidence to support the theory of auto-intoxication or the need for colon cleansing".

And I know it's Wikipedia, but that would be pretty easy to refute by the pro colonic side if there were any actual evidence. So having read that, i think I won't bother. A couple of laxatives and a large diet coke will do the same thing if I'm desparate on weigh in day.

Hi Spangles, thanks for your reply and further contribution :) Just wondering do you think laxatives are more effective when used with diet coke & would it require a particular brand? I tried Dulculax taken with water and experienced urgent cramping next morning prior to CD dieting. Also wondering is there a better preventive solution instead of Cambridge Fibre to be using whilst on the lower steps or even beyond xx

Also I wanted to add to my review I'm not advocating the use of Colonics for weightless or other reasons which have proven by my own experience to be un-necessary. I looked closely and have done lots of research but found myself wanting to find out for myself anyway. I don't regret having the procedure done but it's not something I think I'll repeat in the future or would recommend to others :)

I find caffeine gets things moving - and since I don't drink coffee or tea, diet coke (or a couple of pro plus when I was on the lower steps) usually did the trick. I was pretty lucky, tbh. I only got bunged up a handful of times in all the months on SS. I took senokot a couple of times, and then I wisest up to the caffeine thing, which was pretty much instantaneous.

As for the laxative/caffeine combo, I was being a little facetious. Or at least - not entirely serious. I've done this diet to hit a certain weight for my doctor for a referral for ivf, and if it came to the day before the appointment and I was a pound or two up, I might resort to trying to have a good old empty out. In reality, it's more likely I won't make the appointment til I get there.

Hi again, I find your last post really interesting. Are you nearing the end of your CD journey?
I must admit that although I haven't smoked for 10 years or so that the first cigarette of the day with a coffee kept me regular. I'm not recommending that concoction either :) xx

I got them from Holland & Barratt bogof & take 4 capsules per day. You can also buy the powder online which I think is a fair bit cheaper. A single bottle of 200 was £10 from H&B. But essential for me as I was in a very bad way before & was considering a&e!

yup- 3.5lbs now til i can go for my referral. on step 4 now.

Back