My plan, and I've planned it.

redmel

Dreamer
Hi All

I have set myself an interim challenge...
I am aiming to lose 28lb in 16wks. Now this should be pretty achievable as it is only 1.5lb per week:)

Here is my plan.
I am going to stick with slim fast, but calorie cycle/zig-zag. I am also going to do 20mins of skipping once a week, 20mins on the wii once a week, and 30mins on the exercise bike three times a week. I will also do sit-ups after every cardio workout:p. I am planning on exercising Monday to Friday and having the weekend off, also Saturday will be one of my high calorie days, so I can have a treat:D

I am going to try and finish this week as best I can and start this routine on Monday....that will be exactly 16wks, or 112days, or 2688hrs;) until the final weigh-in. I have chosen this length of time as it will make my last weigh in 5th Oct, and my 30th Birthday is on the 9th Oct, So I really want to look good for it:p:p

I am going to log all my successes and failures here, that way I can establish how well I have stuck to my plan:rolleyes:

First job...finish this week without too much damage:eek:

Mel x

Good luck with it Mel, sounds like a good plan to me. Keep us posted and I hope it works out for you and you find it easier to stick too. I don't think we can be so strict on ourselves that we deny ourselves everything, in the long term that won't work. We just need to learn to eat healthier, with the odd treat and learn that we don't need to keep eating once we are full. Also potion control is important too, and the exercise will help loads. Sounds easy, but we all know it's not!

Thoughts to myself:)

Right! last day before starting my new regime. I am determined to do this...and have decided to not only have Saturday as a high calorie day, but to have it off from SF altogether;) I have already been looking into what breakfast and lunch I can have, that is of a similar calorie content to the SF shakes:)

I am in the right frame of mind and have my exercise equipment at the ready. Although I am thinking of not starting the skipping or Wii straight off, as I will probably burn myself out.......I am quite unfit!

Mel x

You've inspired me to go ahead and get started on SF. I was making all sorts of excuses...I'll start July 1st...but it was only so that I could get that last bit of "guilt free" pigging out. But that's just even more weight to have to lose. So, it's off to the store tomorrow morning to stock up. Anyway, thanks for convincing me, and good luck to you.

You've inspired me to go ahead and get started on SF. I was making all sorts of excuses...I'll start July 1st...but it was only so that I could get that last bit of "guilt free" pigging out. But that's just even more weight to have to lose. So, it's off to the store tomorrow morning to stock up. Anyway, thanks for convincing me, and good luck to you.

Yaaaay go for it....I was the same!! kept putting it off, and ended up gaining 5lb by the time I actually got started:eek: Anyway now I have stated it I can't believe I didn't do it earlier...it is soo easy:D

Good Luck and keep us updated

Mel x

Wow! - It is the first day of my new challenge, and I am really up for it.

I have my plan and I am going to stick with it...I am actually a bit nervous to think I could really lose this weight and be slim:eek: I have been this way for so long now, I am kind of used to it.

But, I am going to do it, I am going to do it:p

Mel x

I know how you feel Mel! It is nerve wracking to think we have such a change ahead of us, especially when we've got so used to being the way we are! Even when I lost the 3 1/2 stone a couple of years ago, I didn't really feel much of a change, think my head was in a different place then, so it was easy not to notice the 2 stone going back on again! But this time I am much more determined and will get there. Although at the moment I don't feel like I've lost any weight at all, weirdest thing is I feel like I've actually put on weight!!! Thinks it's because my belly is looking bigger at the mo as lost weight for other areas! Can't wait for my belly to start shrinking!

That's it Stirky, it is definitely a frame of mind:)

Well I am so proud of myself, I said I would do it and although slightly tired, stuck to my plan, meaning I have pretty much completed my first day:D

B Shake(217)
S Magnum(260)
L Shake(223)
D Chicken salad(275)
S cracker nibbles(88)
Total = 1063

Have done 30mins on exercise bike, 20 sit-ups and 5 leg raises.

I MIGHT have another little snack in a bit, but will only be a snack a jack or similar so maybe 40/50 cals:D

Mel x

Great going today Mel!

I nearly messed up today - After meaning to only nip out for about an hour, It turned into an all day expedition:rolleyes: And resulted in me eating rubbish pre-packed junk food....I really need to be prepared if I am going to succeed with this;) I think I will buy a pack of the meal bars...that way if I go out I can take one with me 'just in case' I am not that keen on them, but at least I won't have to resort to buying junk, just because I am starving.

I am pleased I managed to pull it back though.....after leaving myself only 170 calories for dinner, I scoured the cupboards, fridge and freezer and whipped up a veg soup, it only had 105 calories in it.....I will definitely make it again:D

The recipe (so I don't forget) was
Frozen mixed veg
Veg stock (oxo)
salt and pepper
dash of worcester sauce
Cooked till soft and blended, add extra water if needed.

So, day 2 completed:)

Mel x

Thanks Denise:)

Did you get your shakes and stock up on healthy snacks....I am looking forward to hearing how you get on:D

Mel x

Day 3 is going well:)

The plan for today is
B Shake
L Shake
S Fruit
D Curry...yet to work out the calories in this

The curry will probably be over the 600 calorie limit, but I want to use up this jar of sauce that has been lingering around for ages;) To compensate I am only having 1 snack and it is also exercise day today, which I am looking forward too:D

Mel x

Thanks Denise:)

Did you get your shakes and stock up on healthy snacks....I am looking forward to hearing how you get on:D

Mel x

Yep, I got enough SF powder and Weetabix bars to last 2 weeks. I was going to buy some frozen dinners to help with my portion control, but thought I had better eat up what was in the house first- just have to be really careful.

Walked 2 miles this morning, and dinner was half a gammon steak with pineapples and carrots. I'm determined to do this. You guys are really helping.

Denise

Well done Denise.....good luck with it:D

Well today I feel so tired. I have been going to bed far too late, considering the baby is up between 5.30-6.30 every morning and I have been getting to bed about midnight or just after, it has caught up with me now. I think being tired is a big no-no for me as it makes me want to snack constantly!! I have made a promise to get myself into bed early tonight:)

Just a few things to do first
Unload dishwasher, put washing machine on, unload and hang out washing, sterilise and make baby bottles, 30mins exercise and sit-ups, shower, dry hair, and then bed, to chill out and watch some tv before snoozing:sigh:

I am detrmined to stick to the plan even though I am soo tired and can barely be bothered moving out of the chair:eek:...right here I go :asskick:

Mel x

Hoooray I did it, I am aching a bit today, but I DID IT:D

Another day down, and I did a little mid-week 'cheat' weigh-in today too....scales are showing as 1.1/2lb lost so far. I hope I can keep it as that (or more) for the rest of the week.

I have 2xshakes and a salad lined up for today. I am going to go for fruit as one of my snacks today as I have been having a lot of cereal bars/rice cakes etc... I am also going to try and aim for 1.5l of water, as I am hopeless at drinking fluids!!!!

Feeling positive today:D

Mel x

Hi Redmel, Denise & Stirky,
Well done. I am joining the challenge!

Today - I went for a nice long walk with the dog, as well as the school run...so plenty of walking for me today.

I didn't manage to drink the 1.5l of water, although did drink about half of it:) I also didn't manage to have any fruit....although I did have a massive salad so plenty of veg.

So a pretty good day, stayed well within calories
B Shake 217cals
L Shake 217cals
S Sticks 87cals
D Salad cheese ham 265cals
Cake(oops) 156cals
S Snackajack and yoghurt 126cals

Total 1068 calories:D

I didn't really need to have the cake did I?!? oh well, it was tasty and I am still well within calories so nah!

Exercise day tomorrow, am having curry and rice again for dinner mmmmmm can't wait:D:D:D:D

Mel x

Back