My pupy swallowed something,need some advice pls !!!

Roch

Minimins gal x
Hi,i hope someone can give me some advice pls, Ebony my little 14 week old pup managed to get find one of those little sachets u find in leather handbags or trainers, (they are posionus) Aaron caught her with it and managed to get it away from her and thwn got out any that was in her mouth and made her drink some water straight away,Aaron thinks she might have eaten some but is not sure how much, but he did say that there was still quite a bit in her bed which he of course took away.
This happened at 8am this morning,have been trying the vets all morning and just got through and all they said was i should keep an eye on her and if she vommits,has blood in her poo or is extra sleepy i should bring her in, but i am so worried,how am i meant to know if she is sleepy as she sleeps most of the day especially between walks as we walk her every 1 hour now to try and get her clean.

Can anyone with any experience help me pls !!

Sorry no experience Roch.

What about the people you bought her from .... would they know more what to do???

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Roch

I think the best thing to do is just keep an eye on her like the vet says - I don't think she could've injested enough to cause and problems, and believe me, if the vets had been worried they would have asked you to bring your puppy in straight away! also, if it happened at 8am she would probably be presenting with symptoms by now if she was poorly. I'm sure she'll be fine :)

Dont worry Roch!!

i have 5 cats and a little tortoise all of which have decided to eat something at some point. :mad:

Keep an eye on her, if she is sick / has diaorreah please take her to the vet. They can give her medicine to make her sick if needed and can deal with any complications.

Is it possible to have a good look at the sachet to see if any of it is missing, can you keep it so the vet knows what it is and how much is missing if he needs to? (Not pleasant i know but i ususally use a tupperware box for this. )

I am sure that she will be ok and try not to worry, the vet knows that is has happend now so if you do need help they will be ready!:)

Hiya Roch

Just seen this so a bit late to be much help, but hopefully Ebony's ok now. Pups are dreadful for eating things they shouldn't, my dog had her fair share, & has always got away with it. She once ate a whole bottle of Ferret Vitamin Supplement & I whisked her up the vets, but they said pretty much the same thing, keep an eye on her - she got away with it the little monkey and wasn't sick or anything.

It is like having a baby all over again & you need eyes everywhere!

Hope shes alright

my sisters dog is a little monkey with an obsession for chewing.....
At christmas my dad put the dog on the back seat of the car while he nipped in a shop. he came out ten minutes latert to find wrapping paper from one of the presents all over the floor...AND a distinct whiff of sherry! the dog had torn the paper off, got the sherry cork out and proceded to lap up the contents! The car stank of sherry for ages, but the dog was ok!...the vet thought it was hilarious!

my sisters dog is a little monkey with an obsession for chewing.....
At christmas my dad put the dog on the back seat of the car while he nipped in a shop. he came out ten minutes latert to find wrapping paper from one of the presents all over the floor...AND a distinct whiff of sherry! the dog had torn the paper off, got the sherry cork out and proceded to lap up the contents! The car stank of sherry for ages, but the dog was ok!...the vet thought it was hilarious!

Shouldn't laugh - but this is funny :)

I think the worst thing my dog had was a friends Indian. She was looking after Skye whilst I was away for a weekend, they had an Indian and had left some in the kitchen up on the worktops not thinking for a moment that a small Border Terrier could get up there. She didn't know that Borders have springs for legs and she was up there the minute they left the kitchen and hoovered up the meal as fast as possible. The dog was fine, but her "wind" was rather unpleasant the following day!

My dog has ate two of these packets out of my bags, I panicked first time but he was fine, his poo was slightly runny :jelous: but that was all. I make sure I don't drop any when I bring something home now!!

Hi Roch,

I got a pup when I was 6 years old (she was with me until I was 23 - I still miss her). My dad owned a shop and brought home the takings late one evening - £363, he left them sitting on the sideboard in a bag; you know whats coming next - our pup chewed the lot! My poor dad tried to stick some back together but it was hopeless; she had had loads of fun chomping on the lot for hours! That and her habit of getting drunk by drinking everyones alcoholic drinks at parties is a family legend!

AX

About 15 years ago, some very busy Cambridge Counsellors kept all their stock in the garden shed...

They had two large dogs - ? Dobermans, German Shepherds? can't remember - who sneaked in and ate 4 boxes of mealbars.....

Let's recap: 2 dogs, 84 mealbars, including wrappers.....

I think you can imagine the results.....

About 15 years ago, some very busy Cambridge Counsellors kept all their stock in the garden shed...

They had two large dogs - ? Dobermans, German Shepherds? can't remember - who sneaked in and ate 4 boxes of mealbars.....

:eek: That doesn't bear thinking about. I keep all my stock in my dining room and all the family are under strict instructions not to leave the door open, especially when we go out. She's not shown much interest in it all, but I'm not giving her the chance!

Sorry Roch - I should have said I'm glad to hear that your Baby Girl is okay after the scare. And aren't you doing well with the Diet? That's fantastic!

PS: It's not just dogs....one of my cats loves Choc Velvet and Banana Bliss, as well as a few of the powder flavours (but not all - very discriminating!)

Last week, she was sitting neatly next to a new client who was stroking her while I explained the diet, and Coco quietly turned her head and sank her fangs into a carton of Choc Velvet that I'd been talking about. It doesn't half make a mess! But she's well-named, I think...

:jelous::eek::eek::jelous:

Back