My Quest To Be 'Normal'

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by mary84, 10 March 2010 Social URL.

1. mary84

mary84 New Member

Having been overweight for my entire adult life, I have now decided that I would like nothing more than to be 'normal'!

I want to buy clothes from any shop. I want to dance without sweating. I want to experience a night out where no one looks at you in disgust or pity. I want to be able to walk up a hill without nearly dying. I want to sit on an aeroplane without the need of a seatbelt extension. I want to sit on my boyfriend's knee. I want to get married in a gorgeous dress. I want to wear a bikini. And most of all, I want a baby.

The only way that I can do all of these things, is to DIET! And this time, it's going to work!

At the beginning of my journey (this is sounding like X Factor) I weighed 24 stone - the biggest I have ever been. I have so far lost, in just coming up to 6 weeks, 1 stone 9 3/4 pounds and I'm hoping that a stone a month is achievable - at least until I hit 17 stone.

I've set my sights on 17 stone as my target weight for my holiday at the end of July. If I get to 18 stone though I will be happy.

I'm doing weight watchers - but not going to the meetings as I can't really afford it and had a bad experience in the past of being scalded for not losing enough one week. I've bought my own weight watchers scales and have spent the last 6 weeks endlessly talking about how many points is in every food item imaginable!

Wish me luck guys! I need as much encouragement as possible! :party0019:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. KatSparks

KatSparks Full Member

Goal Weight:
    Hi Mary,

You are so very close to 2 stone down already and in just under 6 weeks that's a great result! Best of luck with your goal!

I'll be doing calorie counting soon so can see myself obsessing over every food as well. :D I figure though once you've been counting for a couple of months it becomes second nature and you can roughly estimate the calories/points in any meal.

Not sure it's weight related? I always sweat buckets when dancing/doing any cardio (so is my dad - thank you, daddy :D) even when I was at healthy weight!

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.