My Rant & Thank You!

Showag

Hi All...

I dont know if anyone else has had a crappy group but I have and its annoyed me come to think of it...Im so glad ive found this site though! It has explained everything to me better than the group head women person did!!

Basically I joined SW a good few months ago and only every went to 5 meetings, I joined with my BF's sister...

When we first went the group leader women explained the plan but basically rushed through a set out script and only explained the EE to us, when I asked about the green and the red plans she said, well you dont need those but if you want to know green is all veg and red is meat days so i was left going.. "EH?" - no sense to me?

After then, obviously it was a group... but when everyone was sat nattering about their diet plans and what new recipes etc I was left completely confused as no one said whether they were doing Green Red or EE? All of which I still didnt really understand... I thought OK its my first week i'll just go by what i understood..

My first week was good and i managed to loose 3lb... I cant knock the plan itself because i did loose with it but 3lb was my biggest loss, it was only 1/2lbs here and there after then and when taking my food diary in for my group leader she "scanned" and said up your veg and that was that?.. :0/

After then it was literally the groups after my first 2 meets i was still confused about what i can do with what and when i can have what... to be honest i still am no so i stick with the easiest options i can... Im really chuffed i have found this site because there is loads in it for recipes and encouragement and this past couple of weeks has really help me understand and has give me good ideas for food but i felt i needed to rant about the group as to be honest for £5 to be told ive lost half a pound - sorry to sound unlady like - but that loss you can get from a poo!! :0(

I think its mostly because i didnt feel like the group leader didnt really make an effort to help the newbies, and i know a few ladies who left the group because of this :0/ Even when asking for help it wasnt that good it was, up your veg, healthy extra this bla bla so in the end i got weighed a couple more times and didnt bother to stay for the meets i just kinda left but then i decided i was wasting money so bought some funky scales and started again at my own. I started the plan again last week and have had my biggest loss of 5lb in one week that i am estatic with! But i owe a big thanks to this website as otherwise I wouldnt have a clue what i was doing lol!

THANKS MINIMINS LADIES/GENTS!!! :D

:grouphugg:

Sorry to hear about your group - my group and consultant are great, so I cannot relate at all.

Congratulations on your great loss of 5lb, that's a fantastic start! It's great that you have found Minimins, and all of the wonderful people here. I completely agree - it is this forum, and it's members, that keep me going through the week. Everyone on here is in the same boat, so don't ever hesitate or be afraid to ask a question, no matter how silly it may seem. There are so many Slimming World knowledgeable people on here, you are sure to find answers to all of your questions.

Again, well done on your loss, and keep up the good work! You'll soon be at your target in no time. Good luck xx

Welcome & Congrats!

Is there any other group in your area at all you could go to? Maybe sit through the new members talk again? It sounds like you have stumbled across a bad consultant tbh, and we will be able to help you loads, but having group support can do wonders aswell - if its good support!

If you want to read some green diaries to get inspiration then there are a few on the forum you could try. I'm 100% extra easy myself so no help there but feel free to look at mine if you want some inspiration for that plan.

I'm really glad you've got faith in the plan though cos it really works!

Sorry to hear about your group - my group and consultant are great, so I cannot relate at all.

Congratulations on your great loss of 5lb, that's a fantastic start! It's great that you have found Minimins, and all of the wonderful people here. I completely agree - it is this forum, and it's members, that keep me going through the week. Everyone on here is in the same boat, so don't ever hesitate or be afraid to ask a question, no matter how silly it may seem. There are so many Slimming World knowledgeable people on here, you are sure to find answers to all of your questions.

Again, well done on your loss, and keep up the good work! You'll soon be at your target in no time. Good luck xx

Thanks!! im really chuffed with myself i just hope i can manage a good amount this week too!! Its a shame i had a crappy group as so many tend to have really good ones!!...

There are other groups nearby but im finding im always busy and its hard to find time, my partner is working away so im doing everything now and it was a big help when he was still at home as he use to help with shopping etc!

Welcome & Congrats!

Is there any other group in your area at all you could go to? Maybe sit through the new members talk again? It sounds like you have stumbled across a bad consultant tbh, and we will be able to help you loads, but having group support can do wonders aswell - if its good support!

If you want to read some green diaries to get inspiration then there are a few on the forum you could try. I'm 100% extra easy myself so no help there but feel free to look at mine if you want some inspiration for that plan.

I'm really glad you've got faith in the plan though cos it really works!

Hi and thanks!! :D

Im really chuffed with myself :) there are other groups its just hard to find the time!!

Ive been nosing through your diary and its a help for defianate!! Im on EE too as i find it easier to manage without having to go shopping every other day lol although some people have said they swap to green or red days to boost their weight loss?

Showag said:
Hi and thanks!! :D

Im really chuffed with myself :) there are other groups its just hard to find the time!!

Ive been nosing through your diary and its a help for defianate!! Im on EE too as i find it easier to manage without having to go shopping every other day lol although some people have said they swap to green or red days to boost their weight loss?

Hmm - i tried red & green days for a while as i'd been told it would boost my weight loss. In reality i just ended up off plan as it was so much more restrictive & gained!

It really depends on how much you like fruit & veg. The 1/3rd superfree recommendation is really important on extra easy & i've never been able to loose without following it, but i love fruit & veg so its not an issue for me. The superfree thing is less important on red & green days, so if you don't like fruit & veg, definitely worth giving red & green days a go.

My old consultant also rushed through with me and didn't explain things too well. I read and re read the books and looked online for tips and recipes. I sussed it out in the end but it was no thanks to them. I did go to another group and the consultant was nice but a bit boring. I love my temporary consultant and I hope the new consultant is just as good. Perhaps you should let the head office at SW know about your consultant, they may have had other complaints about her.

Hmm - i tried red & green days for a while as i'd been told it would boost my weight loss. In reality i just ended up off plan as it was so much more restrictive & gained!

It really depends on how much you like fruit & veg. The 1/3rd superfree recommendation is really important on extra easy & i've never been able to loose without following it, but i love fruit & veg so its not an issue for me. The superfree thing is less important on red & green days, so if you don't like fruit & veg, definitely worth giving red & green days a go.

See i love my fruit and veggies so im all good... plus ill end up no doubt confusing myself with red and green and if its more restrictive, like you said, ill end up going off it and gaining myself!!

Ive been trying to be as superfree as possible to be honest, well with most meals its defiantly if not a bit more 1/3 superfree, so hopefully im getting it right..My loss last week was a real booster for me so hopefully i can manage a good loss this week too..

Ive never been a junk food eater to be honest though? Dont get me wrong i use to eat out and take aways but i never really ate loads of choc or crisps? I think a lot of it was pizza etc though haha....

Thanks for your tips though it really helps!! :0)

My old consultant also rushed through with me and didn't explain things too well. I read and re read the books and looked online for tips and recipes. I sussed it out in the end but it was no thanks to them. I did go to another group and the consultant was nice but a bit boring. I love my temporary consultant and I hope the new consultant is just as good. Perhaps you should let the head office at SW know about your consultant, they may have had other complaints about her.

Well.... i did email HO but i got just a generic email back saying they would look into it and they apologised and said how they hope it hadnt deterred me from attending my weekly meetings??..:confused:

I was going with my BF's sister and she quit going too, dont get me wrong the consultant was a nice women but she was a bit haphazard and rushing and just didnt take the time to explain anything properely. Hearing about red and green days got me all confused again haha...

Im going to have a nose about and see if theres any nearby groups over the weekend that i could go to as through the week im working and with my partner working away im doing everything as he usually helps out so im not use to being as busy lol.. Everytime i try to plan something it goes out the window because something else takes place lol..

Back