My Road To Slim City

Hi Michelle,

I'm totally with Steve hunni xx I know we have a laugh, but imo he's spot on with his post xx

Don't be gutted...be proud! xx

Hi Michelle - lots of wise words already from lots of other people so I won't add too much to them. Just echo what Jackie says about exercise - you've definitley not posted as much this last week. And Steve is right - he's a wise soul (& don't you dare say I'm crawling again). Lots of people don't do as well in week 2.

You've got your PT session tomorrow so take inspiration from that and do it every day!

I do find it a little odd thought that everyone who was there last week gained. I was always told not to use scales on a carpet.

I think there must be something in the air this week. Or maybe the moon is affecting things - as there are a fair few of us who have STS or gained.

Keep it up hun - it will go next week.

To say I am gutted is an understatement :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I gained 1/2 lb:sigh:

Now I can honestly say that I have stuck to plan 100% since I started 2 weeks ago and yet a gain?!?

Now I have got that negativity out of the way I want to be positive and say I know 11lbs in 2 weeks is AMAZING :D I am pleased with 11lb in 2 weeks it is just the word gain that I didn't want to hear and the word crashed my positivity for a while there at group BUT it has made me want to lose at least 3lb this week. I am going for it on the body magic and I will prove to everyone that I am doing this!

Gutted but still positive about my journey :eek:

<<<<Big Hugs>>>>

It's still early days, but I think from your post, that you do know that in the long run it will work, and yes, I would think the same about the scales:(

You'll definately lose this week, and I reckon get your stone award in week three, and put the rest of us to shame xxxxxx

Aww Babe I'm gutted for you. Does seem very odd that out of 12 of you from last week, 11 gained!! :confused:

I know it's hard when you've had a knock but please don't let it knock you off your stride cos you're doing so well.

Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle, sorry to hear you've gained but I agree with all of the above :D i'm not very good with words so i'm glad loads of people have already posted things..

I would be inclined to think it was the moving of the scales too - 11 people all gaining is a little odd, presmably they all said they'd stuck to plan too??

Will they be moving the scales back to the normal place next week? imagine all the extra losses you will all get... :happy036:

Thank you so much everyone who commented to make me feel better and I am sorry I went so quiet last night after my post! I needed to get rid of the negativity in my head and get some composure!

I can now genuinely say that I am on it this week! Body magic here I come and I am going to do a mix of red and green days as well as ee... I am showered and ready for my first session (I mean in the gym and not in the bedroom before you say anything Tillymax, Jackie and Dawn ;) ) and I am in size 16 gym gear Yayyyyyyyyy!! :gimi:

I measured myself last night and I was completely shocked by the results...

Chest was 43 is now 42 woo hoo 1 inch off
Waist was 39 is now 38 woo hoo another inch off...
Hips were 48 are now 45 :eek: WOW 3 inches off!!!
Upper legs were 27 1/2 are now 26 :) 1 1/2 inches off
Upper arms were 14 1/2 are now 15 hmmm 1/2 inch on them lets hope its muscle :D

Thta has motivated me even more now along with getting into my size 16 gym clothes! Bring on the journey as I want to lose 3lbs this week and I will try my hardest :D

Thanks again all for your support you are all amazing :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Blimey Michelle! Thats inch loss for you hun. Wonderful :D see its all good. Let see what those scales say next week. So glad its not put you off. Its hard but you've done the right thing and popped that bit where it belongs in the past. We are all here for you :) Well done on getting into your size 16 gym gear. I am well impressed. You must be such a happy bunny :D

Hi michelle,

I just cooked your bacon and lentil soup for lunch and it was absolutely delicious!!! I had to tweak it a bit cos I didn't have all the proper ingredients but it really was lovely...Gwyn and me are stuffed now!!! I'm going to re post your recipe on my thread if that's ok with you, just in case anyone else would like to try it xx

Size 16 eh?.......brilliant!!! :happy096:

Blimey Michelle! Thats inch loss for you hun. Wonderful :D see its all good. Let see what those scales say next week. So glad its not put you off. Its hard but you've done the right thing and popped that bit where it belongs in the past. We are all here for you :) Well done on getting into your size 16 gym gear. I am well impressed. You must be such a happy bunny :D

I am a very happy bunny indeed :D I have taken a pic which I may be brave enough to put on here later!
I feel so much more positive today thank you for everything last night it meant alot x x x

Hi michelle,

I just cooked your bacon and lentil soup for lunch and it was absolutely delicious!!! I had to tweak it a bit cos I didn't have all the proper ingredients but it really was lovely...Gwyn and me are stuffed now!!! I'm going to re post your recipe on my thread if that's ok with you, just in case anyone else would like to try it xx

Size 16 eh?.......brilliant!!! :happy096:

Ohhh the lentil and bacon soup is delicious and is one of my favourite meals :) What did you change in the recipe? and no of course I don't mind if you want to put the recipe in your diary :D

Well I just got back from doing an hour and 20 minutes in the gym with the pt and I have to say I am knackered!! He worked my ass off (well not my actual ass but that is my long term goal :p) The body magic today feels great and if I had any illusions that I was going to look elegant in the gym I was WRONG!! Sweat dripping down my forehead whilst the pt is speaking to me is soooo not attractive :8855::8855:My hair soaking wet whilst have to do weights above my head (imagine the underarms) is sooooo not attractive :8855::8855:and last but not least throwing up out of the fire exit of the gym is sooooo not attractive but thankfully I didn't throw up but had to go outside for a minute as thought I was going to :8855:

I was also trying to walk out of the gym elegantly and I got cramp in my calf muscle hahaha that also was not elegant but I did it all and I am proud of myself for taking this first step and the other 100 on the treadmill whilst running up a steep incline :eek:

Tomorrow I am going on a 5 mile walk if I can still move that is :D

Wow he sure worked you out well!

Well done my love,, that is some training for your first session. You'll be stiff as a board in the morning - ha!

No pain no gain - size 14's here we both come woop woop :D

xxxx

P.S I have at long last done my own diary, boring but it's there in black and white, so don't have to blog on yours and everyone else's from now on xxxx

I was also trying to walk out of the gym elegantly and I got cramp in my calf muscle

I was giggling all the way through your gym encounter but I actually laughed out loud at this bit. All the family are looking at me now like I'm a nutter :8855:

Well done on the sesssion! I can safely say that's not my idea of a session :)

Well done Michelle - I'm exhausted just reading about it.

Put the kids to bed and go and have a soak in a hot bath. If you've got some bath salts and lavender oil - add them - and massage the achy muscles and you shouldn't be too locked solid in the morning.

Well done "Shell"!

My first encounter with the gym - and especially the cross-trainer (or cross-dresser as I kept calling it! - don't ask!) was a killer.

Today I went back to the gym and started off on said crossthingy and done 20 minutes with no problem. I tamed the thing.

Pity I couldn't tame SkinnyDawn as easily, but hey-ho:eek:

My point? - yes I think there was one. The gym will kill you at first. Soon you will kill it. I don't even sweat now. Not because of lack of effort, but because I'm much fitter than I was.

I don't touch weights though, I leave that to the posers;)

Steve

Wow he sure worked you out well!

Well done my love,, that is some training for your first session. You'll be stiff as a board in the morning - ha!

No pain no gain - size 14's here we both come woop woop :D

xxxx

P.S I have at long last done my own diary, boring but it's there in black and white, so don't have to blog on yours and everyone else's from now on xxxx

I am hoping I won't be too stiff in the morning as have made sure I have had a hot bath with muscle soak put in the water so fingers crossed :D

Size 14's here we come woo hoo!!

I was giggling all the way through your gym encounter but I actually laughed out loud at this bit. All the family are looking at me now like I'm a nutter :8855:

Well done on the sesssion! I can safely say that's not my idea of a session :)

Hehehehe it was really funny especially when I had to use the tension ropes and whilst leaning foward my face was nearly is his crotch :eek: Then I started to giggle and my arms were shaking and i could just imagine myself falling foward into him hmmm that would of been a tad embarrassing :8855:

Well done Michelle - I'm exhausted just reading about it.

Put the kids to bed and go and have a soak in a hot bath. If you've got some bath salts and lavender oil - add them - and massage the achy muscles and you shouldn't be too locked solid in the morning.

I have had a lovely hot bath with muscle soak in it and it was lovely :D
Hopefully I will feel ok in the morning as I have a 5 mile walk planned and a very busy day. x

Well done "Shell"!

My first encounter with the gym - and especially the cross-trainer (or cross-dresser as I kept calling it! - don't ask!) was a killer.

Today I went back to the gym and started off on said crossthingy and done 20 minutes with no problem. I tamed the thing.

Pity I couldn't tame SkinnyDawn as easily, but hey-ho:eek:

My point? - yes I think there was one. The gym will kill you at first. Soon you will kill it. I don't even sweat now. Not because of lack of effort, but because I'm much fitter than I was.

I don't touch weights though, I leave that to the posers;)

Steve

Firstly how can I not ask why you call it a cross dresser?? I NEED to know now :D Tell me, tell me, tell me :sign0009:

Oh the posers in the gym... There was one today that grunted like a pig every time he picked up the weights which were only girly weights anyway :8855:

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear about your gain. How disappointing, however all the effort you put in last week will NOT go to waste and will count this week. You had lots of great comments already. Gains are a part of this journey and don't take away in whatever way from what you have achieved already. So fab that you have already had inch loss :). Fingers crossed you will have a great loss this week.

Well done for your 100% week. Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I am a very happy bunny indeed :D I have taken a pic which I may be brave enough to put on here later! cough cough where is this piccie?????????

I feel so much more positive today thank you for everything last night it meant alot x x x

Ohhh the lentil and bacon soup is delicious and is one of my favourite meals :) What did you change in the recipe? and no of course I don't mind if you want to put the recipe in your diary :D

this soup is yummy. Absolutely loved it

Well I just got back from doing an hour and 20 minutes in the gym with the pt and I have to say I am knackered!! He worked my ass off (well not my actual ass but that is my long term goal :p) The body magic today feels great and if I had any illusions that I was going to look elegant in the gym I was WRONG!! Sweat dripping down my forehead whilst the pt is speaking to me is soooo not attractive :8855::8855:My hair soaking wet whilst have to do weights above my head (imagine the underarms) is sooooo not attractive :8855::8855:and last but not least throwing up out of the fire exit of the gym is sooooo not attractive but thankfully I didn't throw up but had to go outside for a minute as thought I was going to :8855:proud of you hun. I couldn't have done it. Size 14 here you come :D

I was also trying to walk out of the gym elegantly and I got cramp in my calf muscle hahaha that also was not elegant but I did it all and I am proud of myself for taking this first step and the other 100 on the treadmill whilst running up a steep incline :eek:

hehehehehe :8855: whoops sorry I mean, oh dear Michelle, how awful :8855: bless ya sweetie

Tomorrow I am going on a 5 mile walk if I can still move that is :D

so still doing the 5 mile walk? How do you feel today. So proud of how you turned it around this week. 3lb off next week then?

Loads of love
Jackie
xxxxx

Hi Michelle,

Had the left over lentil soup today...yummy!!!

Today I have been on a 3 mile walk as it was absolutely chucking it down and I was soaked right through... so I then came home and did an hr on the wii and this was all before 10.30 :D

I went out for the lunch with the girls today as it was my best friends birthday and I was dreading it so I called the restaurant in advance yesterday to see what they had on the menu so I could plan ahead! I thought I had planned in advance anyway and I decided to have Jacket Potato with beans and cheeseand a side salad BUT when I got there today they had run out of beans and although they gave me the option of cheese on its own I decided against it as it would of been loaded up with cheese! Instead I had a jacket potato with prawns in a seafood sauce and a side salad... I asked for the potato to not have any butter in it and I also asked that there was no dressing on the salad :D I had one glass of diet coke and a glass of water ohhh it feels good that I could go out and stick to plan. I am classing the seafood sauce as approx 8 - 10 syns so no more for me today! Fruit it is too munch on tonight then :)

I will get around to writing down my food diary for the last 2 days later on. I have been really busy as husband is away until Sunday and the boys have been keeping me on my feet so not had very much spare time but tonight I am hoping to chill a bit as my legs and arms are a little sore from yesterdays gym visit :character00115:

Hope you are all having a good day and a great week x x

Last edited:
Back