My Road To Slim City

Good Morning all,
Well I am off out with the girl's tonight for 2 of my friends birthdays and we are all going for a meal aaarrrrggghhhh! Not now I am back on track! I have phoned the restaurant (which is a Medieval styled restaurant) and they have a big salad bar which I am going to dig right in to.
Thankfully I don't drink so no syns there but everything they have on there menu is friend :( Fried Chicken, Scampi and Chips, Sausage and Chips and the list goes on! So my dilemma is which fried food to choose so I can fill my plate up with salad because you have to order a meal to qualify for the salad. I was thinking of maybe asking for a childs portion of scampi and chips and take the out layer of the scampi off! What do you think would be better because although I know I can have chicken I don't think half a fried chicken is a good option.

I am so worried about the food that I have been thinking of cancelling tonight but the only thing stopping me is after everything that has happened over the last month I need a bloomin good night out :D

x x

Hi Lynne,

Accepted your friends request thanks.

I am at work at the minute and getting a sneaky peek on the internet but just popping it say I am in the right frame of mind again and my day is going well. Just had a salad and jacket potato with mozzerella for dinner which was gorgeous :D

Hope your all having a good day x

Thank you for accepting the friend request x

And you defiantely do need a good night out!

I think I would probably go with the chicken, and take all the skin/coating off and just perhaps eat the breast meat, as you will have more than the coatingless scampi.

Last edited:
Why don't you flexi syn today. I know it's not ideal when you've just got back on plan but I think you need to enjoy your night out and not worry about everything you're eating. If everythings fried you might as well choose the one you really fancy. Although you are probably right about the scampi. We'll all be here to drag you back on the wagon straight after your meal.

The most important thing is to have a great night out. After everything you've been through it will do you the world of good.

Good Morning all,
Well I am off out with the girl's tonight for 2 of my friends birthdays and we are all going for a meal aaarrrrggghhhh! Not now I am back on track! I have phoned the restaurant (which is a Medieval styled restaurant) and they have a big salad bar which I am going to dig right in to.
Thankfully I don't drink so no syns there but everything they have on there menu is friend :( Fried Chicken, Scampi and Chips, Sausage and Chips and the list goes on! So my dilemma is which fried food to choose so I can fill my plate up with salad because you have to order a meal to qualify for the salad. I was thinking of maybe asking for a childs portion of scampi and chips and take the out layer of the scampi off! What do you think would be better because although I know I can have chicken I don't think half a fried chicken is a good option.

I am so worried about the food that I have been thinking of cancelling tonight but the only thing stopping me is after everything that has happened over the last month I need a bloomin good night out :D

x x
Get the fried chicken, and take as much skin off as you can. Then use the napkins to soak up as much fat from the chicken as you can.

You can see if you can request grilled chicken if you get there as soon as you arrive and have a word with the bloke with the big funny hat?

If he plays funny b*ggers, just mention my name;)

Hi Michelle x

Wow...seems ages since I spoke to you!

So nice to have you back! Now just you make sure you stay with us!!!

How did the meal out go hunni? Chicken or scampi? I would've gone for the chicken myself xx

Suki is growing well and biting/chewing/pouncing on anything that moves/doesn't move lol! And no, we haven't had a really bad night with her yet! :fingerscrossed: But then she does sleep in our room at night and she generally sleeps from 10.30pm through to 6.30am without any problems :nightf:

Here she is...

Attachments

• suki in harness asleep.jpg
    suki in harness asleep.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Suki asleep on kitchen floor.jpg
    Suki asleep on kitchen floor.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Suki asleep on kitchen floor 2.jpg
    Suki asleep on kitchen floor 2.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Suki awake under table.jpg
    Suki awake under table.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 27
Hi Michelle x

Wow...seems ages since I spoke to you!

So nice to have you back! Now just you make sure you stay with us!!!

How did the meal out go hunni? Chicken or scampi? I would've gone for the chicken myself xx

Suki is growing well and biting/chewing/pouncing on anything that moves/doesn't move lol! And no, we haven't had a really bad night with her yet! :fingerscrossed: But then she does sleep in our room at night and she generally sleeps from 10.30pm through to 6.30am without any problems :nightf:

Here she is...

Oh my gosh she is absolutely gorgeous!! That is great how long she sleeps bless her. You can cope so much easier with a good nights sleep. How old is she now? Are you able to take her out yet?

Daisy has a love for slugs, snails and the toads that live in our garden :D We keep trying to discourage her from eating the slugs and snails as I know it can give a dog lung worm but I have been reassured by the vets when speaking to them :) We (by we I actually mean I) take her for a walk twice a day and usually for over a mile so it means I am getting exercise in everyday :D

I lost 1/2lb last week which I was actually quite pleased with because after my night out I wasn't expecting any good result ;) I had breaded mushrooms with garlic dip, then I had Scampi and Chips (with no side salad) and I had j2o's all night!

For the rest of the week I was very good and stuck to it 100% so thankfully I lost!

This week I have even suprised myself with how good I have been. I haven't had time to cheat actually as I have been really busy but especially last night! ALL 3 of my sons had a friend to sleep... So last night I had 6 boys in the house plus our puppy Daisy! Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night but somehow I am full of energy today and have bleached down my bathrooms and kitchen this morning from top to bottom. I will however probably flake out at about 6.30 this evening!

I have a new recipe to share with you later including 3 bean chilli that is completely free on a green and ee day :D

Also if any of you are on Facebook, look up the slimming world cake lady and she has some AMAZING recipes on there yummy!

Hiya Michelle,
I like the Slimming World Cake Lady, and Diet Momma has loads of interesting stuff on her page too.
Well done on the loss x
Bertie is also a lover of slugs and snails, and we now use Advocate to prevent lung worm and other nasty things.

Hiya Michelle,
I like the Slimming World Cake Lady, and Diet Momma has loads of interesting stuff on her page too.
Well done on the loss x
Bertie is also a lover of slugs and snails, and we now use Advocate to prevent lung worm and other nasty things.

Lynne I just looked up Diet Momma and WOW... she has some great things on there thank you :)

We have used Advocate on Daisy also so hopefully that will be enough although saying that today she has a VERY poorly tummy and so we are having to starve her for 24hrs on the advice of the vet! I think it is because she ate a sausage that my son's friend gave her last night... It may of been too rich.

How are you? How have you been getting on?

x x

Evening Michelle,

Diet Mommas info is brill, so glad you found her, she must spend an incredible amount of time putting it all together!

Glad that you are using Advocate on Daisy, as it is an excellent product.

Does she normally suffer from a sensitive tummy?....Bertie did when we first had him, and it took weeks of vet's visits changes in diet etc until he finally settled on James Wellbeloved Kibble. We stuck solely to this for a year, then introduced the wet pouches as well as the kibble, now he has the kibble with anything else:eek:

I've been doing fine, I suppose for maintaining, but it's a bit like russian roulette:8855::8855:

Evening Michelle,

Diet Mommas info is brill, so glad you found her, she must spend an incredible amount of time putting it all together!

Glad that you are using Advocate on Daisy, as it is an excellent product.

Does she normally suffer from a sensitive tummy?....Bertie did when we first had him, and it took weeks of vet's visits changes in diet etc until he finally settled on James Wellbeloved Kibble. We stuck solely to this for a year, then introduced the wet pouches as well as the kibble, now he has the kibble with anything else:eek:

I've been doing fine, I suppose for maintaining, but it's a bit like russian roulette:8855::8855:

She had a bit of a dodgy tummy when we first changed her food but nothing like this! I have heard how brilliant James Wellbeloved is.

I have heard that maintaining is the hardest part of it all. I suppose the hardest thing is not slipping back in to old ways but also not being completely on sw like you were to lose the weight.

I am not with it at all tonight and this proves it...

I wanted a glass of Pepsi Max and I had to fill the steam generator on my iron up. I now have a glass of water and an iron full of Pepsi Max ooppsss!! :8855::8855:

I am not with it at all tonight and this proves it...

I wanted a glass of Pepsi Max and I had to fill the steam generator on my iron up. I now have a glass of water and an iron full of Pepsi Max ooppsss!! :8855::8855:
I hope the iron survived !!!

Have you looked at BritMum's Blog? There are some great recipes on there too.
Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

The iron did survive as I realised before I turned it on lol

We have a friend of my husbands staying with us for a few days and he bought me a BIG box of chocolates arrgghhhh! I have put them in the cupboard and I will NOT be eating them... actually I think I need to write that a few more times before I believe it!

I will NOT be eating the chocolates

Ok NOW I believe it as I don't want to spoil my good work this week. I went on a 6 miles walk today and I had some gorgeous but very healthy food :D which I have been doing all week!

When I finally get enough time I will be writing down my food diary as I have it all written here on a piece of paper but actually getting on here long enough to type it all down just seems impossible at the minute.

I hope you are all doing really well on your journeys and at some point I will get around to catching up properly... It just seems I don't have a lot of me time at the moment! I am however making sure I have enough time to change my life and regain my fitness and my lovely figure that I had many years ago ;)

Michelle x x

Woo hoo another lb off :)
I am back on this and feeling really positive. I have planned my next weeks food for every meal time and my shopping list to cover all of the recipes!
Our visitor has now gone home and I have some time to relax and chill when I need to :)
Tomorrow I am going to cook Diet Coke Chicken and it sounds yummy! I will take pics and let you know what it tastes like.
How are you all? How are you doing?
x x

Thanks Jackie, mmmm sticky chicken sounds nice. How do you make that?
I am hoping the diet coke chicken works as I am looking forward to it!

How are you getting on? Sorry I haven't got around to your diary but I haven't had the time to catch up with everyones and I feel bad if I just comment on one and not everyones so I am waiting until I have time to catch up with you all x x

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations on your weight losses hunni! That's very impressive considering your night out.

Hope u have more success with the diet coke chicken than me...it was pants!

Suki is 13 weeks old now, and such a nutter! We have between 1 and 3 walks a day, which are only about 15 mins long as that's all she can manage atm bless her! We're also in the process of booking her into a 6 wk training course! Xx

Oh the Diet Coke Chicken isn't sounded like it will be succesful... We shall see!

Aww 13 weeks bless her, I can't believe how cute she is! Daisy is 16 weeks now and getting massive which is a bit scary.
What do they do at the training course? I was thinking of booking her into one but to be honest with you she already sits, lies down and goes on her bed on command plus gives both paws. The one thing we still haven't go the hang of is nearly pulling me off my feet everytime I take her for a walk! She is so strong altready and it is quite scary when she starts to pull. Any hints and tips on how I can stop her??

x

Last night at group I joined in on a challenge which included last nights weigh in. If I lose 1lb every week between now and Christmas it will equal a stone in total so that is my aim! She gave us a piece of paper with a Christmas Tree on it and 14 baubles. For every pound you lose you have to colour in a bauble and when the stone is gone you colour in the star at the top of the tree. I was quite pleased when I coloured in my star last night not only because I lost a lb but also because I managed to keep in between the lines with my colouring :8855::8855::8855:

Today I have a day off and my hubby is working plus the children are in school woah hang on there does that me I get some time to myself? :eek::eek::eek: Yayyyyy straight after dropping my son off at school I will come home, get the housework done and then I am going to chill and relaxxxxxxxxx woo hoo! See you all later on x

Well done on your pound loss!

I've never made the diet coke chicken, but good luck with it, as I have read mixed views on it.......Just remember, the diet coke goes in the food, not in the iron!;)

Enjoy your day x

Well done on your pound loss!

I've never made the diet coke chicken, but good luck with it, as I have read mixed views on it.......Just remember, the diet coke goes in the food, not in the iron!;)

Enjoy your day x

Hahahaha :8855: You just made me laugh out loud when reading that Lynne! I will definately make sure it goes in the food and not the iron hehehe

Hope you have a good day too hun x x

Back