My Saturday Weigh In

MYK_22

Well, I know some people where interested in what I was doing. Combining fat burners with lipotrim and still seeing if it yielded positive results. Well, they curb my appetite, give me more energy, and haven't impeded on my weight loss for week one. I'm still deep in ketosis and drinking 5+ litres of water a day.

One thing I would like to mention is that I have only ran 6 miles this week. From now on its going to be at least 3 a day. Hopefully that will help to continue seeing good results!

Anyway. Week 1 weigh in, lost 14lb . I'm pretty impressed with that in my first week, I know that the first week is the biggest loss so was hoping for something high.

Anyway. I shall continue with fat burners, and for anyone interested the ones I'm using are thermobol. Cheapest place I could find them is a certain well known auction site begining with e.

Good luck for everyone else! :D

well done myk, 14lbs is a great loss... you seem very informed about the whole process of weight loss and the physiology of it.. was just wondering if you know about muscle loss on lipotrim.. I read on another forum that lipotrim reduces muscle and it is very hard to get it back, and when or if you put weight back on, what was previous muscle turns to fat..... I amnt doing much excersise at the moment (apart from running around after two babies lol) but when I am refeeding I am going to a good friend who is a personal trainer and nutritionalist (is that even a word lol).... know i will gain as will be toning and building up muscle again... anyway, I am blabbering on.. good luck with week two x

I actually made a post in another thread about this... here we go...

Figured it might be worth letting ya know that you WILL be loosing muscle. Pretty much every diet out there will mean that you loose muscle while on. Very low calorie diets are the worst for it as well. Now I can picture you thinking "well, that means i have to work my muscles to keep them in shape!" but again, on this diet you can't. Basically for every lean lb of bodymass you need 1g of protein. The lipotrim shakes are giving us about 120g per day MAXIMUM so there is no way that you can build muscle while on this diet.

I used to do a lot of weight training before i gained my excess weight, as such I know a thing or two about this. Ketosis DOESN'T MEAN only fat is burned. Any low calorie diet causes a catabolic effect, which in turn means that muscle is being lost. Admittedly not LARGE ammounts but muscle is still being lost. Due to the LT diet being so low calorie some of the protein that is in the shakes is used for energy, as such we are not actually getting anywhere near the protein requirements of a normal person's muscles. The catabolic state occurs due to an imbalance in hormones and a reduction caused by the low calorie diet. Also doing high intensity aerobic exercise is a very good way to catabolize muscle and destroy it with a lack of protein. That doesnt mean dont exercise, but it means you do have to be carefull. Ensure that your hydrated etc. Most low carb diets recomend a "carb up" period every so often. Basically loading up on carbohydrates to aid recovery. It pulls you out of ketosis, but confuses the body into burning more fat as it doesn't know what is coming next, rather than settling into a routine.

Hard running, heavy weight lifting, and strenuous exercise aren't recomended on this diet as the pharmacists know that the ammount of protein in this diet is not as much as there should be.

Me personally? I'm not bothered in the slightest. I know what weight I'm aiming for. I also know that when i hit that weight I'll be increasing my protein intake to at least tripple whats in these shakes and hitting the weights hard, along with running at least 5 miles a day.

This diet is amazing for weight loss. It isn't amazing for toning. If you want to tone, then loose the weight using this and then follow a reasonable exerise plan while eating healthy. There is no way to be toned without exercise. Simple.

I'm running while on this diet. I run 3 miles a day minimum. I'm also using fat burners (mentioned in a previous supplement thread). I'm not concerned about loosing muscle as I know I will be building them back up. The sooner the weight is off me the sooner I can start toning.

Hope this all doesnt sound too critical, but if anyone wants to know anything I'll be more than happy to try and help. But. Simply put, No protein + exercise = No muscle gain, possible muscle loss. Ketosis doesn't = no muscle loss when incoperated in a VLC diet. VLC diet = bad for muscle training.

I didn't mean it to be confusing but re-reading it now can see how that can happen.

Basically when your on this diet your loosing muscle. haha. Simple as that. Their isnt enough protein in these shakes to help rebuild muscle after strenuous exercise.

Light exercise should be fine. I'm running/fast walking 6 miles a day and aint finding any bad effects. Best checks would be body calipers for checking body fat %'s each week as well. That way you would know that its deffinetly fat and not muscle your loosing.. Dunno what else would work haha

Back to your original statement though. When you start toning you wont be gaining fat where muscle was. Muscle is only hard to get back in the sense that you have to train it. If you train your muscles and have a high protein diet then it will come back no problem! I'm not worried about it and I'm going to be back to bodybuilding once this is over, so I'm pretty confident that muscle will be able to come back, otherwise I wouldnt do it!

But as said. Muscle loss will be occuring, but I'm not too worried about it as it's just my body needing what it needs. Can be regained back in time :)

Hope that helps :)

Thankyou very much, that has helped lots x

well done hun thats a great loss!!!!!

good luck 4 next week!

:)

Well done on losing 14lbs!

You mentioned losing muscle on LT, that explains alot as in the past (losing weight after having a child) I have always lost weight through BMF exercise, weights and eating health and have had a toned body, but last year I did LT for 12 weeks and was told not to exercise and even though I was pleased with the weight loss I have never been so UNtoned as this in my life, where I had nice toned arms and legs I now have skin????

Will I ever get a toned body again?

Thanks :) Hopefully I'll be able to keep up some reasonable losses from now on! Certainly given me the boost to continue! :D

Hi
Ive been following your posta this wk!!
Im your stalker!!lmao
You have did so well on this ur 1st wk!!
Can i ask how much you do want tolose?
I would like to lose 5st,im going to be cheeky what shud i be doing now besides Lipotrim?
I really want to do my best at this!!Put on too much weight!!
Good luck with ur 2nd wk,my 1st weigh in is on Mon!!
Im looking forward to it
Take care xx
P.S Can i ask how much these tablets are?

I'm not saying that the pills are for everyone. In the nutrition section there is a thread on T5 slimming pills that I've left a comment on. Just detailing the information on the slimming pills and how they work.

I use thermobol, I paid £22 for them. Theyre 0 calories and 0 carbs. To be honest they probably wont have sped up losses much but keep me feeling fuller and also curb my appetite a bit. I haven't taken them today and can deffinetly tell a difference when it comes to my hunger.

You may find that different pills work for different people. The one thing I can say is not to use these if your sensitive to caffeine. I'm back to struggling to get to sleep on a night and also struggling to get a decent nights sleep and I blame these tablets. I'm not taking them today to try and sleep tonight!

Each to their own though. Whatever you decide to do, make sure its 0 carbs and 0 calories to make sure that it doesnt effect your lipotrim! :)

I want to loose 6 stone with expecting to put a stone back on. Though tbh I would be happy loosing 5 stone with a stone back on.

So. Currently sitting at 18 stone 8. Want to aim for 15-16 stone. May seem like a lot but still packing a lot of muscle from my lifting weights past. haha. So my aim is 14-15 stone with expecting to put a stone back on :)

Back