My scales have lost the plot

Sparkling_Fairy

I think my scales have gone of their rocker.
I'm normally an obsessive weigher. But I wanted to step off that so I didn't weigh myself for 2 days, and then decided to today. So I started last night ('cause then I usually have a rough idea of what I'll see in the morning) and around 9pm it said 65.3.
Then after my movie finished and right before I went to bed, I weight myself again at 11:30. It said 66! I was like, there is no way I gained 700 grams in an hour and a half with no eating.
So I weighed myself again 10 seconds later and it said 65.6.

Then this morning I got on, and it said 65.1. That would mean I only lost 200 grams in 3 days! And with the way my clothes fit, that couldn't be!
So I decided to run upstairs and weigh myself on my WII Fit, and that said 64.5, which would be more accurate given my clothes.

I think I'll stick to my WII Fit from now on!
Anyone else who uses a WII Fit know how accurate it is?

as you know i have 2 sets of scales and a wii fit. the scales give differnt readings if they are moved! as for the wii fit it depends what floor/carpet you have.
in my old house where i used to live i had a deep shagpile carpet and the wii board could differ by 10lbs a day as it was never in the same place. in my new house i have cheap sh** cord in the living room so it acts like wooden flooring and where ever i place the wii board i get the same results.
hope that helps :)

Well, my house has hardwoord floors throughout.
So both my scales and my WII Fit are placed on a smooth surface.
And I haven't moved either :confused:

Hello,

Because of the fluctuations I only ever weigh myself in the morning, first thing, naked before I have drunk anything and after a pee (sorry tmi), that way you get more of an accurate figure.

If you haven't lost actual weight, you probably have lost inches.

I try not to obsess about it too much, just try and focus on knowing that if I stick to it 100% the weight will come off and it will work.

I wouldnt rely on the wii fit to be honest. I can lose 11lbs overnight according to mine. I know I drink a lot of water but not quite that much, lol.

Hello,

Because of the fluctuations I only ever weigh myself in the morning, first thing, naked before I have drunk anything and after a pee (sorry tmi), that way you get more of an accurate figure.

If you haven't lost actual weight, you probably have lost inches.

I try not to obsess about it too much, just try and focus on knowing that if I stick to it 100% the weight will come off and it will work.

Yeah, I do that too, weigh myself naked every morning.
I think I'm just gonna stop focusing on the weight, and more on how my clothes look.
I'm also gonna start measuring myself from now on.
At least then if I lost some inches, I know my scales are lying

First thing in the morning is the most accurate time to weigh. Your body flutuates throughout the day, even an hour can make a difference as you have seen. Keep off the scales lol!!

Back