My second food diary and this time i WILL succeed!

Hey love, thought id have a peek on here :)
I can't see anything particularly awry.. just to double check are you counting 6syns for tbsp olive oil then adjusting syns for your portion?
Have you tried Success Express? I've not had a go yet, but could give you a kickstart x

Hey love, thought id have a peek on here :)
I can't see anything particularly awry.. just to double check are you counting 6syns for tbsp olive oil then adjusting syns for your portion?
Have you tried Success Express? I've not had a go yet, but could give you a kickstart x
Hey :) yeah I know oil is 6 syns, my mum only uses 1tbsp but she cooks for alot of us so dont usually count the whole 6 syns, I have myself some fry light now anyway so wont be using oil at all. I've tried success express a few times but gave up after a few days because I was going through my fruit and veg too quickly and having to buy more at the middle of the week, which gets expensive when Im a student buying my own food. I cant believe how expensive fruit and veg can be!

Might be coz your exercising, when you first start your body takes on extra fluid plus muscle building, stick with it x

Might be coz your exercising, when you first start your body takes on extra fluid plus muscle building, stick with it x
Yeah maybe, I've been active all my teenage life though. Think I need to flush my body out with plenty of liquids to get rid of any water my bodies holding onto

Hmm, yes fruit and veg can be- we get through mountains in my house, and I'm sure its the thing that I spend most money on! Id rather the kids snacked on that though :)
Aldi pretty good value for fruit and veg if you've got one nearby? Might help!
Could be something in the exercise/water thing... May just take a little longer to start showing up, hopefully it'll all catch up and it'll start dropping off. Stay positive :)

You said you didn't do SW at all yesterday? When I go off plan my weight usually goes up about 4lbs but when I get back on it, I do a few red days and it drops straight off again. So maybe you have but your off plan day has set it back. Plus the shred I don't usually lose much weight just inches, so check them too. Try shredding every other day it might be better for you? And are u having all your SYNS? As it really does make a diff.

When I started the first 6 months I lost hardly anything, I have to seriously track my portions on MFP as well as SW, it's the only way the diet works for me xx

You said you didn't do SW at all yesterday? When I go off plan my weight usually goes up about 4lbs but when I get back on it, I do a few red days and it drops straight off again. So maybe you have but your off plan day has set it back. Plus the shred I don't usually lose much weight just inches, so check them too. Try shredding every other day it might be better for you? And are u having all your SYNS? As it really does make a diff.

When I started the first 6 months I lost hardly anything, I have to seriously track my portions on MFP as well as SW, it's the only way the diet works for me xx

I weighed on tuesday and im the same now to what I was then so yesterday hasnt made me put weight on thankfully. Well I havnt done 30DS yesterday or today, been too busy, so gunns start again tomorrow as day 5 so maybe abit of a break may do me good. I have about 8 syns a day on average, I try and stick around 8-10 but maybe I need more. Whats MFP? I dont think my portions are too big, i dont know :S I really struggle with red days as I find it so difficult not to have meat without potatoes! I find green days pretty easy though, I dont know I need to reassess my situation I think!

Just a question, has anyone ever been on the contraceptive implant? Been reading up on it and people saying its made them gain weight and/or find it impossible to lose weight. I've been on it for nearly 2 years and it was around that time that I began putting weight on and it may explain why im losing weight so slowly as well? Think I may make an appointment to go and see my nurse and speak about it

Hi Hun,

Just noticed your post and I've been on the implant for approx 5 years. I have used SW many times and always lost the weight quite well until this time when it is really slow. I've found that I really started piling on the pounds once I went on the implant, however I would say my eating and drink so much added the biggest portion to me being overweight.

Make sure you're drinking about 3 litres of fluids a day when your exercising and about 2 when you aren't, it's really important.

You should def be having your 15 SYNS a day or 105 weekly whichever way works best for u. I still have my 105 even tho I've been doing this for ages. EE def doesn't work as well for me as red but it's easier with family cooking. You can always use a hexB for potatoes on red days its amazing how much u quickly get used to the lower carbs, I used to get so hungry on red days but not so much now as I replace the potato with celeriac, butternut squash or mashed swede. Easy :) and filling! X

Hi Hun,

Just noticed your post and I've been on the implant for approx 5 years. I have used SW many times and always lost the weight quite well until this time when it is really slow. I've found that I really started piling on the pounds once I went on the implant, however I would say my eating and drink so much added the biggest portion to me being overweight.

Well yeah Im not going to deny that I have been eating the wrong things but just cant think to why the weight is not shifting at all. I've spoken to a doctor and they said obviously its different for different people but for some women contraception can make your body hold onto weight more and make it more difficult to lose weight. Its not just the weight thing though I am pretty unhappy with the implant because of other things like really irregular bleeding which is such a pain.

Make sure you're drinking about 3 litres of fluids a day when your exercising and about 2 when you aren't, it's really important.

You should def be having your 15 SYNS a day or 105 weekly whichever way works best for u. I still have my 105 even tho I've been doing this for ages. EE def doesn't work as well for me as red but it's easier with family cooking. You can always use a hexB for potatoes on red days its amazing how much u quickly get used to the lower carbs, I used to get so hungry on red days but not so much now as I replace the potato with celeriac, butternut squash or mashed swede. Easy :) and filling! X

Yeah the liquid thing is an issue for me, not just being on SW but my whole life, I just dont drink enough in general. I really need to break that habit though. Oh yes that was something I was going to post and ask, is swede free on red days? May start substituting that instead of potatoes. Do you generally do red days then charl? I may go and properly read your diary for some inspiration X

Good luck love! Red and green are brilliant, the best losses I've had is alternating them. xx

Good luck love! Red and green are brilliant, the best losses I've had is alternating them. xx

thank you! do you alternate them as in one red day, one green day, one red day etc or do one more than the other? Im doing (well trying!) red today saturday and sunday then green mon-thurs next week. Im struggling with red plan evening meals though.

If I'm having a really hungry day I'll do green, and have stuff like the riso gallo rissottos with stuff added, or jacket potatoes, and sw hash browns and vege sausages. If I'm feeling really bloated and yuck I'll do a red day as it sorts it straight out. I've put some of my usual red day dinners on my page for u. xx

Thanks charl, Im gunna see how this week goes anyway. I find green so easy, I could easily be a veggie, or pescatarian because i love fish. I've done a meal plan for this week anyway so hoping it'll be fine. Thinking for tomorrows tea, home made nandos, sw wedges out of my HEXb, veggies and salad-reckon that looks an ok red day tea?

Friday 25th Jan-Red day

Breakfast-Bran flakes (HEXb) with banana
Tea

Dinner-Grilled bacon, scrambled egg, tomatoes, mushroom (1 syn for tomato ketchup)
Tea

Shared a skinny muffin with mum and a skimmed milk hot choc from costa this afternoon-ahhhh! worked out to be about 17 syns for this!

Tea-grilled gammon steak, sw wedges (2HEXb), green beans and salad (1 syn for tomato ketchup)
ff yogurt

Syns-19
Syns left for week-86

Last edited:
Yep looks good love! I always think the key to not feeling hungry on red days is to have a really good breakfast. totally stops you wanting to snack later in the day. I usually have bacon, poached egg, LM sausages or WW ones, mushrooms and tomato, and usually my hexB bread. and then I'm really satisfied. Sorry! This site has been playing up for me for a bit and I'm not seeing replies, have to keep going back to check.. Yes swede is free on red (thank god.. it totally saves me from lack of carbs!) its a superfree veg so good on all plans. Even when I'm not doing red if I feel like I've eaten too many carbs I'll replace then with squash, swede or celeriac just to feel a bit better. xx

Ok so at the pub I had chicken fajitas and curly fries which is bad, but didn't drink which im taking as a positive! Back at uni today and just made myself a cous cous salad pack lunch to take with me and eat at lunch. Going to try green days until WI on friday now, feeling rather demotivated to be honest but im trooping on

Monday 28th Jan-Green day

Breakfast-FF yogurt, blueberries, grapes, banana, shredded wheat (HEXb) honey (1syn)
Green Tea

Snack-Green tea and nectarine

Dinner-Cous cous with peppers, tomatoes and olives (1 syn)
2 ryvita (2HEXb)

Tea-Omelette with peppers, mushrooms, spring onion and cheese (HEXa), SW wedges and 1/2 tin of beans
2 white choc truffles (6 syns)
FF yogurt

Syns-8

Back