My sh*tty first loss

I have literally JUST joined this site so am slightly confused by it and am just working things out and did post two similar messages due to not seeing that my original had posted lol. I am so determined this time. I have had several temptations in work because I work in an office enviroment which consists of "fat friday's" "munchie monday's" and Wednesday night is apparently now Take away Dominoes night!! I am so proud of myself because although the smell was amazing...I was not tempted ONCE!! Weigh in week 2 is Sunday! Can't wait!! xx

spangles said:
i lost 5.5lbs week one, being 100% on ss, and much heavier than you.

low week one losses happen in people who don't have much glycogen stored, and so have little water weight to drop. it doesn't mean you have lost less fat than everyone else.

this diet is extreme and is hassle and is expensive. but you chose it. if sw or ww worked for you, you would be doing them.

in 14 weeks i've lost 4 stone. despite a low week one loss and a couple of slow weeks, i've been 100% and now i'm 4 stone down. and that could be you. but i tell you who it couldn't be - it couldn't be someone on ww or sw.

chin up. :)

Your blooming awesome you know! You should be a councellor, your glass is always half full!

I hope you decide to be a CDC!

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lucyloop86 said:
I have literally JUST joined this site so am slightly confused by it and am just working things out and did post two similar messages due to not seeing that my original had posted lol. I am so determined this time. I have had several temptations in work because I work in an office enviroment which consists of "fat friday's" "munchie monday's" and Wednesday night is apparently now Take away Dominoes night!! I am so proud of myself because although the smell was amazing...I was not tempted ONCE!! Weigh in week 2 is Sunday! Can't wait!! xx

Well done you!

I work in social services which is notorious for fat Fridays and birthday cake etc, I don't know how I will cope! Hats off to you girl!

Xx

go hide, go walking on fridays. use the time to get out of the office when you can. be strong.

Well done you!

I work in social services which is notorious for fat Fridays and birthday cake etc, I don't know how I will cope! Hats off to you girl!

Xx

Thanks!! It really does get easier..The more I stick to it the more determined I am. I have always found the getting going on any diet the hardest!! x

Blugirl gas cheered me up, I've lost the equivalent of a very big baby this week!

Lucyloop86 said:
Thanks!! It really does get easier..The more I stick to it the more determined I am. I have always found the getting going on any diet the hardest!! x

Me too that's why although I'm angry I'm not deterred!! 7 hard long days down the sh I ter for a scabby takeaway made in a rat infested dump run by those earning more than me because they have no visa and don't pay tax would not be worth it!

Sounds awful but when I'm hungry I think back to my first social Work visit...... He had had a bad case of sickness and diahorrea and died about 2 weeks before I arrived.......... No longer hungry! X

Me too that's why although I'm angry I'm not deterred!! 7 hard long days down the sh I ter for a scabby takeaway made in a rat infested dump run by those earning more than me because they have no visa and don't pay tax would not be worth it!

Sounds awful but when I'm hungry I think back to my first social Work visit...... He had had a bad case of sickness and diahorrea and died about 2 weeks before I arrived.......... No longer hungry! X

This post really did make me laugh.

How many days in are you? I got VERY irate over the smallest of things last week!

What motivates me is the simple fact that I have maintained this weight for 2 and a half years now and despite it being the main thing that makes me unhappy...never actually doing anything about it! I am 25 now and want to spend the rest of my twenties and beyond as the best I can be. Weight trickles into so many other areas... I have attempted Slimming world etc but just knowing I can eat makes me want more...With Cambridge I think the key for me is the 3/4 day Ketosis window. Usually I would give in to a chocolate bar because of course.."one won't hurt" but with Cambridge that is just not an option. Getting into Ketosis for me is SO HARD! Once i'm there...Im not leaving!!! HA!

Seriously though...That must of been horrendous for you with that poor man.

Lucyloop86 said:
This post really did make me laugh.

How many days in are you? I got VERY irate over the smallest of things last week!

What motivates me is the simple fact that I have maintained this weight for 2 and a half years now and despite it being the main thing that makes me unhappy...never actually doing anything about it! I am 25 now and want to spend the rest of my twenties and beyond as the best I can be. Weight trickles into so many other areas... I have attempted Slimming world etc but just knowing I can eat makes me want more...With Cambridge I think the key for me is the 3/4 day Ketosis window. Usually I would give in to a chocolate bar because of course.."one won't hurt" but with Cambridge that is just not an option. Getting into Ketosis for me is SO HARD! Once i'm there...Im not leaving!!! HA!

Seriously though...That must of been horrendous for you with that poor man.

He was a miserable old sod, I'm glad he died, it's what he wanted, all his pride was gone, his dignity gone and hid jndeoendence gone, in my job, you are sometimes pleased when they die, pleased for them that the nightmare is over! You get used to the bodies!

Yeh I agree Hun, once a few days down the line u can't be arsed to start again sk don't cheat!

X

Hello there holly

8lbs is amazing - dont get disheartened - it's all about the lifestyle change, this is a process of weight loss BUT it's not just a quick fix, having done lighterlife and having a period where you went back to your old habbits, the weight comes back. I lost 4.5 stone on CD the first time and it was easy! This time, not so much. I have lost about 36 or so pounds so far, but that's been since may and I am having a hard time getting out of the 11's - but I am re-evaluating what it is that stops me getting in the zone, I do some SS, some SS+ and a little bit of social eating thats kind of 810. That means some weeks I have a good loss and some weeks it's a pound or even a gain, but it's coming off and food is not part of my life for the most part (unless you count chicken fish and salad as part of that) My main issues are around enough rest, cortisol and leptin desensitivity - these all seriously hamper any losses you have.

Anyway - deep breath now, and lets hope you get another 8lbs next week which is over the stone mark!

Well done you!

Xx

Holly - now see - it's the stress = cortisol connection. I would bet my last mint choc shake on it!

bettiesrevenge said:
Holly - now see - it's the stress = cortisol connection. I would bet my last mint choc shake on it!

Lol!

I'm having all choc powder shakes at mo but hot and whisked.... Just like malteastes hot chic :)

X

Your blooming awesome you know! You should be a councellor, your glass is always half full!

I hope you decide to be a CDC!

X

ahh, bless you. No - not planning to be a CDC. Don't think they'd have me as i've no plans to be properly thin. Also, couldn't be doing with filling in a tax return and keeping books. But thanks for the thought. ;)

He was a miserable old sod, I'm glad he died, it's what he wanted, all his pride was gone, his dignity gone and hid jndeoendence gone, in my job, you are sometimes pleased when they die, pleased for them that the nightmare is over! You get used to the bodies!

Yeh I agree Hun, once a few days down the line u can't be arsed to start again sk don't cheat!

X

I worked in a care home for a year at 18 and found a body. It was awful. I left two weeks later...but I agree...The poor man had severe mrsa wounds and was literaly rotting from the inside out! No life for anyone. I really hope that I lose 5lb this week! I have a works Christmas party on 16th of Dec!! How much do you think I can drop by then??

spangles said:
ahh, bless you. No - not planning to be a CDC. Don't think they'd have me as i've no plans to be properly thin. Also, couldn't be doing with filling in a tax return and keeping books. But thanks for the thought. ;)

Haha yeh don't think I will ever be thin enough, I just want to be 12st!

Shame about tax forms, a true vocation there hun! My CDC is a friend and she makes a right wedge out of it. My hubby uses churchill knight for 35 quid a week to do all his tax and sort his bank acc x

Lucyloop86 said:
I worked in a care home for a year at 18 and found a body. It was awful. I left two weeks later...but I agree...The poor man had severe mrsa wounds and was literaly rotting from the inside out! No life for anyone. I really hope that I lose 5lb this week! I have a works Christmas party on 16th of Dec!! How much do you think I can drop by then??

Probably a stone Hun at least! It's over a month away so a stone is a reasonable amount!

X

Back