My Slim Fast Journey

Dione

Nearly a yummy Mummy
Well i am on day 2 of my slimfast journey and i have to say i have struggled. Not sure why i struggled so much as i am allowed more with slimfast then i was with CD (Cambridge Diet). I know 10lbs does not sound like a lot to some people but to have a 10lb gain after all my hard work has really got me down. I exercise 5 - 6 days a week so i cant understand why my gain was so big. Oh well i am over it now and am just concentrating on losing it.

If anyone has any helpful hints for slimfast, i would love to know or is it just 2 shakes 3 snacks and 600cal meal? x

yep thats the general gist of it i think!! also, make sure you drink loads, that helps too.
Everyone struggles at some point so on those off days thats what were here for!
keep us updated with how your getting on!
good luck, youll be there in no time:D
x

thsnks hun,
well it looks as tough i am having 1 of those off days. I have worked out it must be because i would be due TOTM (if i wasnt on the injection) so far today i have had shake, 1.5 litres of water, apple, bee good to yourself chicken sandwich (273 calories), Snack a jack 2 pkt's (170 cals) and a pot of philidelphia splendips (148 cals) :(

I was sooo hungry that i couldnt resist yet now feel exptremely guilty. ive got training tonight so i will have to work extra hard and also up my water intake. Why oh why oh why??!!! :(

bovril is a great low calorie drink when your feeling peckish i often have one in the evening when ive got the craving to nibble seems to take the craving away.
good luck tho im sure you will soon get into the swing of things perhaps your head is saying im allowed more i want even more you just need to shout that little voice down

thanks Kazzy, im really peeved with myself now :( xx

Good luck with the slim fast.

Best tip I can think of is (like every one else says) drink plenty of water or else you'll get head aches and get constipated!!!! I make sure I have a pint of water or squash every time I have a shake, snack or meal.... That way I know I'm getting enough water and then everything I drink inbetween is an extra bonus!

Another thing I find is that if I don't eat enough I don't loose as much (sounds strange I know) I've tried skipping my stacks or having another shake instead of my meal (to see if I can loose more) but it just doesn't work! You need to have little and offten (and this diet allows you to do that)!

Good luck with slim fast, hope you get on well with it :D

lotty.xxx

Dione, if you dont mind me asking, have you been on the injection long??x

Hi Hayles,

I have just had my 2nd injection and it is the best thing ever. I have had endometriosis for 17 years and had to have all different meds and contraseptive pills over the years. I didnt want to go onto the injection as i heard so many bad things about it especially the weight gain side. After alot of stress i decided to give it a try and its the best decision ever. No pain no period...bliss lol xxx

Good luck with the slim fast.

Best tip I can think of is (like every one else says) drink plenty of water or else you'll get head aches and get constipated!!!! I make sure I have a pint of water or squash every time I have a shake, snack or meal.... That way I know I'm getting enough water and then everything I drink inbetween is an extra bonus!

Another thing I find is that if I don't eat enough I don't loose as much (sounds strange I know) I've tried skipping my stacks or having another shake instead of my meal (to see if I can loose more) but it just doesn't work! You need to have little and offten (and this diet allows you to do that)!

Good luck with slim fast, hope you get on well with it :D

lotty.xxx

Thanks for the advice. Ill be sure to keep on top of my water and the little and often tactic. Have you been doing SF for long? xx

i was on the injection, and it took two long years for me to realise it was making me completely loopy!youve clearly heard all this before!but on the weight loss side of things, when i went to speak to my nurse about weight loss as well as coming off the injection she explained that becuase the injection lasts 12 weeks,when you have the injection you are litterally injected with 12 weeks worth of the hormone which makes you want to eat more when your pregnant, and she explained that that may be a reason for me wanting to eat everything in sight!!
i too have always had horrendous periods, so i stayed on the injection so long, despite the side effects, because i was so scared of having a period, anyway, i came of it and had the implant and its fantastic, same effect as the injection, but no nasty side effects!!
i know everyones diffferent, but just thought i would share my experience :D
xx

I've been on it just over 2 months now, that's including a 2 week holiday off plan... (fingers crossed) I should reach my first stone this week!

Just seen your from maidstone.... I grew up just outside of gillingham (till I moved to Coventry for uni) :D

10lbs will easily fall of I'm sure....you'll be fine!

i used to have the injection and found it a complete pain in the backside ( no pun intended) ive since had the implant in and love it no periods no hassle and only having to get it changed every 3 years ive just had my 3rd implant put in

i was on the injection, and it took two long years for me to realise it was making me completely loopy!youve clearly heard all this before!but on the weight loss side of things, when i went to speak to my nurse about weight loss as well as coming off the injection she explained that becuase the injection lasts 12 weeks,when you have the injection you are litterally injected with 12 weeks worth of the hormone which makes you want to eat more when your pregnant, and she explained that that may be a reason for me wanting to eat everything in sight!!
i too have always had horrendous periods, so i stayed on the injection so long, despite the side effects, because i was so scared of having a period, anyway, i came of it and had the implant and its fantastic, same effect as the injection, but no nasty side effects!!
i know everyones diffferent, but just thought i would share my experience :D
xx

Thanks for that hun, i will keep an eye on things. So far it has been the only thing that has agreed with me. My eating this week is all down to me changing diets so i have to get my head around things again. i have my 1st WI tomorrow and i am really nervous as i havent been 100% :(. i have to be 100% from now as i have my bridesmaid dress fitting next saturday. Fingers crossed for me xxx

I've been on it just over 2 months now, that's including a 2 week holiday off plan... (fingers crossed) I should reach my first stone this week!

Just seen your from maidstone.... I grew up just outside of gillingham (till I moved to Coventry for uni) :D

10lbs will easily fall of I'm sure....you'll be fine!

OMG where abouts in Gillingham? I was brought up in princes park/walderslade. Small world eh? xx

How long are you at uni for? What r u studying? I preay the 10lb falls off as i am not liking it lol xx

Have a good day xx

Morning Diary,

Well this week has been a struggle. I have been really good with the exercise. i have completed the following:

Mon: Boxercise and circuit training
Tues: Rest day
Wed: Boxercise and circuit training
Thurs: Rest Day
Today: Boxercise (tonight)
Sat: 2 mile run

I have snacked more then i need to and with the wrong foods. My intentions have been good but then people in my office bring in treats and it all goes horribly wrong.

Well no more!! I am not going to go back to old habits and I am going to lose this gain. I just may need a little help xxxx

i said no to a mcdonalds yesterday so if i can do that you can say no to bad snacks,, i tend to eat fruit unlimited and not count it in my calories bad i know but i figure its better than eating junk while i retrain myself i also prefer soft fruits and pre prepared fruits as im using my fingers for longer eating the fruit so its more like snacking as in the motion of dipping hand in a packet of crisps or biscuits,, i hope that makes sense

It makes a lot of sense hun thank you. I have had an apple and 1 litre of water so far today :). Just about to have my 1st shake so all good so far. I am determined to do it. If i can do Cambridge i can definately do slimfast xxx

OMG where abouts in Gillingham? I was brought up in princes park/walderslade. Small world eh? xx

How long are you at uni for? What r u studying? I preay the 10lb falls off as i am not liking it lol xx

Have a good day xx

I was in wigmore/rainham. I was at uni for 4 years doing my nursing and paramedic training, I then stayed up here when I finished and got a job in Birmingham. Still go back quite regulally to visite the folks!

I also struggle with snacking at work, there's always nibbles laying around on station! It does get easier! I still cheat but I try and then even it out with something good (one of my favourite snacks is strawberries and blueberries dipped in a little low fat natural yogart, you can have a big bowl full for 100cals!)

Good luck for weigh in.xxx

Hi Forty

Thank you. Well good news, not sure how i have done it but i managed to lose 6lb this week :) :)

I must have been retaining sooo much water. Had a very naughty weekend though. Went to an Ann summers party where there were lots of nibbly bits and plenty of alcohol. I was so hungover on sunday that i needed stoggy food to get me through the day lol.

Back 100% today though and need to stay that way as i have my brdesmaid dress fitting on saturday.

How is everyone else doing xx

Back