~> My Slimming World Diary - By Abigail'sMummy <~

Ohhhhh I forgot to say, I sneakily weighed myself this morning..

-1.5 down...since Saturday..:D!!!

Well done!! I've really enjoyed reading your diary - I've found it very helpful.

I loved your sneaky weigh in too ... I can hear my scales calling from the cupboard, but am ignoring them. All I need is to have put weight on (which is possible after all the lovely food I had the day before I started the plan) and I'd be looking for some sweet things as consolation .....

I'm better off just ignoring the plaintive wailing from the cupboard until next Monday .... fingers crossed! :D

Moppet x

Thank you for stopping by Moppet. :D Weighing can sooooo do that, cause you to eat out of consolation. I have been there so many frickin times!

A late post today...

I have been at college ALL day. I got in half an hour ago 10pm! I got to college for 8.30am!! And boy, was I tired, hungry, cold and grouchy when I arrived. I only wanted food!..

Breakfast - Nothing! I forgot my cereal bar so by the time I got to college I was drenched (crap weather) hungry and very pissed off! Although, I had remembered my little girl's breakfast (she attends the nursery in my college) so I was smelling her lovely honey toast as she was eating it on the way. (She has to have her breakkie to go when I am at college as I have to be out the door so early)

Lunch - My lovely spicy, lemony chicken and rice with salad. Banana, strawberries and grapes.

Snacks - Mullerlite Yogurt. Drank lots of water today

Dinner - My fiance made me Slimming World fish and chips. Isnt he a darling? Oh, and mushy peas with it.

I had a very tiny glass of wine with it, so about 3 syns. 1 syn for ketchup.

Wow, note to self. Make sure I bring plenty of food/snacks with me on a Wednesday or prepare to turn into a monster. I really thought I had bought enough but in theory what I had posted here yesterday night is no way near enough to sustain me for 16 hours! It was only small container of chicken and rice too.

Anyway, Ive had a good day..lol. Ive still stayed on plan and still feeling positive about slimming world. I also feel skinny so thats always a good thing. Tomorrow I will update earlier, as college finishes for the week tomorrow.

Abigail'sMummy said:
Thank you for stopping by Moppet. :D Weighing can sooooo do that, cause you to eat out of consolation. I have been there so many frickin times!

A late post today...

I have been at college ALL day. I got in half an hour ago 10pm! I got to college for 8.30am!! And boy, was I tired, hungry, cold and grouchy when I arrived. I only wanted food!..

Breakfast - Nothing! I forgot my cereal bar so by the time I got to college I was drenched (crap weather) hungry and very pissed off! Although, I had remembered my little girl's breakfast (she attends the nursery in my college) so I was smelling her lovely honey toast as she was eating it on the way. (She has to have her breakkie to go when I am at college as I have to be out the door so early)

Lunch - My lovely spicy, lemony chicken and rice with salad. Banana, strawberries and grapes.

Snacks - Mullerlite Yogurt. Drank lots of water today

Dinner - My fiance made me Slimming World fish and chips. Isnt he a darling? Oh, and mushy peas with it.

I had a very tiny glass of wine with it, so about 3 syns. 1 syn for ketchup.

Wow, note to self. Make sure I bring plenty of food/snacks with me on a Wednesday or prepare to turn into a monster. I really thought I had bought enough but in theory what I had posted here yesterday night is no way near enough to sustain me for 16 hours! It was only small container of chicken and rice too.

Anyway, Ive had a good day..lol. Ive still stayed on plan and still feeling positive about slimming world. I also feel skinny so thats always a good thing. Tomorrow I will update earlier, as college finishes for the week tomorrow.

Oh my fiancé says I can be a monster when I'm hungry lol - real long time at college so well done for not taking the easy option and grabbing something bad to take away! And also for not stealing your little girls breakfast lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tracking for today, short day at college & I took my little girl to 'Monkey Bizness' a great big giant play area! But since she is too small to go on it all by herself I was helping her so I actually got some exercise myself lol.

Breakfast - Mullerlite yogurt

Lunch - Banana

Dinner - Spag Bol (SW Friendly)

No idea what syns to have but may have some chocolate. Its been another hungry day. :( I got back so late from college that after I had my dinner I passed out on the sofa and when I woke up it was 4am and nothing was prepared..and all they sell at college is greasy chips, burgers and pizza etc. I made a promise to myself that Id rather starve than eat that rubbish anymore which is why I was starving today! lol Im hoping for a decent loss this Saturday, because Ive hardly ate these last two days. I have to admit Im a bit stumped for lunch ideas, things that can be made in advance...I really really need to make sure I make up some pasta batches so it can last for the week or something. Im thinking of buying a Bento Box, and start scouring the net for exciting lunches so I make it a priorty to eat lunch! Anyway, enough going on about lunch! lol. Hope everyone has had a good day xx

What hex's u have?
My A's are always milk and sometimes laughing cows or baby bell lights.
My B's vary - sometimes cerial, ryvitas, alpen lights.

I think for yr next super long day at work take LOADS of food - u can always take it home!
I'd have some ryvita minis, alpen lights and mini baby bell lights just to snack on - along with fruit of course!
Maybe 2 boxes of 'meal' type foods too. Pasta, couscous, left overs from other meals? Don't know if u have facilities to warm things up a college? Or a kettle? If yes to kettle get some mugshots! Less than 1% fat are free on green and EE and warm u up good :) I love them - had 2 yesterday lol xx

The HEX I have are laughing cow triangles, milk in my tea but Im not really a tea person. I also use my HEB on ryvita or wholemeal bread..going to spend a little time this afternoon looking for bento boxes lol.

Study at home day today...

Breakfast - 3 quorn sausages (A lot of sausages I know, but they are all syn free) I was meant to have my cumberland healthy living ones that are 1/2 a syn each but as they were cooking (my partner cooks for me a lot) something just made me go and check the label and they werent the healthy living ones. Tescos had delivered the shopping and forgot to tell us the substitutes. Well I looked the syns up online just now and those sausages were 2.5 syns each. Eeeek, I was going to have three! So my fiance went to the shops and got me Quorn sausages instead as I was freakin out! lol. You probably think Im crazy now...but 7.5 syns plus a little butter on toast and ketchup would take me to 10 syns for just breakfast..its amazing how quick it can add up..So, I had my quorn sausages, lean bacon, scrambled eggs beans and 1 & 1/2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEA) with tiny bit of butter. (1.5 syns) I was stuffed afterwards, Im not sure whether to weigh tomorrow or Sunday..

Lunch - Strawberries (a whole pack lol)

Dinner - Pork Chops, with philadelphia light (HEA) mash and lots of veg

Snacks: Slimline Gin & Tonic: 4 syns .
20 grams worth of bacon crispies: 4.5 syns

Total Syns: No more than 10 syns

Last edited:
Ive decided to weigh sunday :D Gives me a little more time and I will just make Sunday my official weigh date from now onwards.

Im so excited, this afternoon I was looking into bento box lunches and this is the way forward now. There are so many different types of things I can make, that dont need to be reheated (handy for college) and there is a book I ordered on it. Once I start making them, I will get a thread set up so you can all see what they look like. Looking forward to it! Will go Bento Box hunting next week, as long as its pink I am happy.

Oh no, tonight is the first time I have felt properly hungry after eating dinner, since starting Slimming World. I just ate two ryvitas with some light philadelphia on it. I only had one wholemeal slice of bread today, so Im sure it still counts within my allowance but im thinking of making a boiled egg now. lol Hmmm, I just feel like I could eat a house right now..trying my best to keep it under wraps. I wonder why I feel this way . I ate a BIG dinner. :(

If you're hungry, eat somthing! Make an omllette! :) if u put potato in (preferable cooked! lol) and onion (maybe garlic) it is like a spanish tortilla! and yummy! If you make it with 4-5 eggs, not only will it be thick, you can save some to snack on tomorrow and it is FREE!!! xx

I had 2 more ryvitas...I decided to weigh and I have lost -2lbs! :D Although, Im cautiously posting this as yesterday morning I had weighed and it said I had gained weight..?? Im currently on my monthly so I think this why I am getting the fluctuation in weight. But nice to see that I am 16 stone 8 now! I really do need to stop weighing before weigh day!

Hi Abigails mummy. (Cute picture btw) I have 3 children and i am finding it soooo hard to loose the weight from my last one and shes 2 (nearly 3) ekk. So i have come back to SW. You are so positive it is great to read your diary. Remember your weight will fluctuate due to time of day, monthly cycle etc. You sound like you are doing so well, and with a very busy life where sometimes it can be harder to remember to eat!

Hi Holly, thank you for stopping by. It is incredibly hard to lose weight after you have a baby. I think being pregnant messes up your hormones and metabolism so you have to work extra hard at keeping slim. Seeing celebrities bounce back into a size 6-8 figure 5 weeks post birth is great and everything but behind the scenes they must be starving themselves and working out constantly. I think its rare to find slim women that are 'naturally' slim and eat rubbish. I think we have to really work at it to keep our figures looking good.

I take it day by day, but eating off my little girls plate is a no no. Set yourself small little targets, just 1-2lbs this week or 15 mins exercise and once you achieve them you will feel so much more confident about your abilities to do it. Although, I will say that I have lost 11lbs since starting slimming world and I havent really done a great deal of exercise. I live by the sea, so I sometimes go for a walk with my daughter in her buggy but following the diet alone will make you lose weight. Write a journal hun, post everyday and stick to it. You can do it. xxx

Tracking for today

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal toast (HEXB) with 1 teaspoon of butter (2.5 syns) beans, and cheese (HEXA)

Lunch - Fruit & Yoghurt

Dinner - Mediterranean Tray Bake, wtih rice and veg.

Snacks - None just lots of water.

Last edited:
Hun, from experience I would try to weigh the same day and the same time in the same room! A woman's weight can change up to a difference of 5lbs through the day - its easy to gain one morning and have lost afternoon etc

Must admit I sometimes
Struggle for lunch ideas - I am able to use a kettle and microwave at work so I do have options there - I had super noodles the other day - the low fat ones I believe are either free or very low syn on EE plan and it was a nice warm snack

I also suggest mugshots! Their great for this weather too!

Well done on the loss too! All going on the right direction! :)

It is really hard to get lunch ideas, but I am going to get a bento box and plan some cute lunches..

Thought I would add a few pics of the meals I have made, Shepards Pie, Chicken Cacciatore & Medittaranean Bake which I thickened up with veg stock quite nicely.

Breakfast - Quorn Sausages, scrambled eggs, beans, tiny bit of ketchup (1 syns) & 2 slices of wholemeal bread with a little butter (1.5 syns) (HEXB) & Banana . Big breakfast! Im going to need it, I have a LONG day of studying today.

Lunch - Batchelors Chicksn & Mushroom pasta (small bowl) Syn Free and made using milk from HEA

Dinner - Left over Mediterranean Chicken Bake from yesterday, lots of veg with rice

Snacks: 2 custard creams (4 syns)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 268
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 119
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
All that food looks lush but what's the chicken dish at the end? That does look yummy! Might have to try that!

Its a mediterranean tray bake, but I customised it at the edd lol. I added some veggie stock granules to make a gravy, which is why its brown. Let me know if you would like the recipe, it was in the Oct/Nov Slimming world mag I think. Although, it took a little longer to prepare than I expected..

Tracking for tomorrow or today technically

Breakfast : Banana

Lunch: Salmon, rice and salad. Picture attached. (Fiance made it for me :D)

Dinner: *Spaghetti Bolagnaise (Lean Mince) not syn free. (Not quite sure how many syns but Ill give it 3) with a sprinkle of cheese.

Snacks: Diet Lemonade, Mullerlite yogurt. Maybe a couple of 2 custard creams@ 2 syns each.

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:
Mmmmmm
smiley-eatdrink020.gif
that looks yummy!!!!

Back