~> My Slimming World Diary - By Abigail'sMummy <~

Today has been another good day on the diet. Yesterday night I resorted to drastic measures with the scales. I hid them in the attic. But even the act of going in the attic cant stop me. :rolleyes: So this morning, at 6.30am may I add (time I get up for college) I got the ladder, and crawled up there and got them back down. Although when I stood on the scales it didnt work. I turned it over, and the battery had fallen out somewhere in the midst of the attic!! LOL. Oh dear, I laughed so much. So, now I have digital scales with no battery so I will most definitely not be weighing until Saturday now which is when I will be getting batteries. Serves me right! :D

Abigail'sMummy said:
Tracking for tomorrow or today technically

Breakfast : Banana

Lunch: Salmon, rice and salad. Picture attached. (Fiance made it for me :D)

Dinner: *Spaghetti Bolagnaise (Lean Mince) not syn free. (Not quite sure how many syns but Ill give it 3) with a sprinkle of cheese.

Snacks: Diet Lemonade, Mullerlite yogurt. Maybe a couple of 2 custard creams@ 2 syns each.

Can you prepare my meals for me? That looks soooo good!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Abigail'sMummy said:
Tracking for tomorrow or today technically

Breakfast : Banana

Lunch: Salmon, rice and salad. Picture attached. (Fiance made it for me :D)

Dinner: *Spaghetti Bolagnaise (Lean Mince) not syn free. (Not quite sure how many syns but Ill give it 3) with a sprinkle of cheese.

Snacks: Diet Lemonade, Mullerlite yogurt. Maybe a couple of 2 custard creams@ 2 syns each.

Oh I just read - I should ask - can your fiancé make my meals?! Lol

haha Emmey, he is a good man. Cooked my lunch at midnight and ironed my clothes. Im holding on to him..;)

Didnt get to have my homemade sausage and mash tonight, so had spag bol instead. Too much faffing about for a week day meal so will leave it to the weekend.

Today has been another good day on the diet. Yesterday night I resorted to drastic measures with the scales. I hid them in the attic. But even the act of going in the attic cant stop me. :rolleyes: So this morning, at 6.30am may I add (time I get up for college) I got the ladder, and crawled up there and got them back down. Although when I stood on the scales it didnt work. I turned it over, and the battery had fallen out somewhere in the midst of the attic!! LOL. Oh dear, I laughed so much. So, now I have digital scales with no battery so I will most definitely not be weighing until Saturday now which is when I will be getting batteries. Serves me right! :D

Haha that made me giggle - that would happen to me!!! i am a serial weigher too - I used to put my scales in the spare room, but they have miraculously returned to the bathroom! Now, on non-weigh days I only weigh in kilos, not sure how but it kinda seems like I'm not cheating!!! lol :D

Having a down day, got an exam on Monday and worried I am going to fail it. I am so stressed out, I feel sick to my stomach.

Breakfast - Boiled egg, and salmon with toast. Sounds odd combination but was nice. 2 syns for butter on toast.

Lunch - Tomato Pasta, spinach and Quorn Sausages

Dinner - Lamb Chops & Veg

Snacks: Diet Lemonade, Water. 20 grams of hotel chocolat slab. No idea for the syns but Im giving it 8/9 for the whole thing to be on the safe side, about the same as a normal bar of chocolate.

Last edited:
Oh no!! Don't stress about the exam! :-/ at least u stayed in control of your food!! :-D xx

Im a bit quiet on here at the moment, as I am in intense study period. 2 big exams in the next 2 weeks. First one Monday. On a positive note, a medical school I have applied too has requested a second reference for me. I hope this means they will interview me!

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Chicken, & Tomato Pasta (3 syns maybe?) College canteen...Mullerlite Yoghurt
Dinner - Veggie Potato Bake! Was lush and syn free. Also 1 chicken goujon. Not sure how many syns that is though..3 or so Id expect.

Last edited:
Abigail'sMummy said:
Im a bit quiet on here at the moment, as I am in intense study period. 2 big exams in the next 2 weeks. First one Monday. On a positive note, a medical school I have applied too has requested a second reference for me. I hope this means they will interview me!

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Chicken, & Tomato Pasta (3 syns maybe?) College canteen...Mullerlite Yoghurt
Dinner - Will update when I have it (fiance is cooking)

Good luck with exams hun and big well done with staying on plan so well at such stressful times! You'll do great in exams and get skinny all at the same time ;)

Another good food day..Im doing an 8pm-2am study shift tonight! lol.

Breakfast- Mullerlite Yoghurt
Lunch - Scrambled eggs, 2 slices of wholemeal toast (HEXB) 3 quorn suasages (syn free) beans and syn free bacon.

Dinner - Syn Free Chicken Curry. veg & rice.

Snacks: Ive just drank lots of water today, 1 cup of tea (HEXA) Treating myself to a slimline G&T (4 syns) & 2 celebrations (4 syns)

Abigail's mummy i sure you will do really well in the exams. You seem well focused, I am applying for teacher training and its horrible waiting to see if i have got on the course or not. Thanks so much for your post back, i have only just seen it or i would have thanked you earlier. I have been keeping a food diary on here and so far so good. I think that it is easier for me to not to eat off the kids plates for the kids left overs (unless its free foods) as my eldest is a gannet and with eat his brother and sisters leftovers in a shot lol :)
I hope its a good weigh in for you.

Abigail's mummy i sure you will do really well in the exams. You seem well focused, I am applying for teacher training and its horrible waiting to see if i have got on the course or not. Thanks so much for your post back, i have only just seen it or i would have thanked you earlier. I have been keeping a food diary on here and so far so good. I think that it is easier for me to not to eat off the kids plates for the kids left overs (unless its free foods) as my eldest is a gannet and with eat his brother and sisters leftovers in a shot lol :)
I hope its a good weigh in for you.

Thank you Holly, very kind of you to say this. Ohhh, you have a food diary brilliant I am going to go and stalk you. Yeah, the whole applying to uni thing is stressful. In my situation, its stressful because they want A's in everything or you fail the course. My first biology exam at this college. I got 60% on the exam, and failed. I had passed but I needed 70% for the 'Distinction' so I resat and got 85% and remember not sleeping right for a week as I was literally study, sleep, study sleep. Kind of what I am doing now...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Ok tracking for yesterday,

Breakfast - Bacon, quorn sausages eggs, beans, 2 slices of wholemeal toast (HEXB) with a little butter (2 syns)

Lunch - Banana & Mullerlite Yoghurt

Dinner - Batchers pasta with ham and lots of it

Snacks (A pack of doritos) 7 syns! And boy did I enjoy it! wow! Tea (HEXA)

Total Syns 9:

So I have weighed myself this morning and I have lost a 1lb! :D I am happy, but really thought I would have lost a little more. The only thing I can put this too, is having a few more treats than I normally would although I have stuck with my 10 a day. I had one G&T this week, one pack of doritos, a bit of chocolate..Oh yeah..oops! Well maybe 1lb is a good weight loss for all that. Im thinking of trying a red day this week to compare the losses. Oh, and my clothes are LOOSE!!! You should see my jeans, I look like one of them gangsters, because I have a propper saggy bum now and someone noticed at college. They said, ' M, your bum is saggy' I hugged her and said, ' this is the first and probably the only time in my life that I will feel complimented with a comment like that ' haha.

Well done on the weigh in, a pound is a pound at the end of day and it all counts! I remember when i did slimming world before, that i am a pound/half pound loser which used to annoy me. However i was measuring my waist, calves, upper arms and bust and they really went down a lot. Sounds like this may be happening to you! :)

Thanks Holly..

Looks like today will be my first day off plan with the syns since Boxing Day...

Feeling a little tired and run down with all the studying, needed a pick me up! So, I just ate a packet of crisps AND a few chocolates. Although, it probably wont end there as I am studying till 1am tonight. Back on plan tomorrow, Im just feeling that the extra glucose might do me a world of good today as I am lagging a bit

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and wholemeal bread x 2 with a bit of butter (2 syns)

Lunch - Mullerlite Yoghurt

Dinner - Will be syn free curry.

So apart from my chocolate that I will be eating, least the meals are alright lol.

Ok first Ill track for yesterday

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter

Lunch - Prawn spaghetti. I used reduced fat creme fraice so I thought it was syn free. How silly was I, came on here and someone says its 1.5 per tablespoon. I used 3 and a bit. So 5 syns for lunch

Dinner - Roast Dinner, skinless chicken, veg, potatoes and a little gravy (3 syns)

So a 10 syn day not a great start as I wanted this week to be a low syn day and with todays food it wont be great.

So today, feeling really really down. I have been working flat out all week, have had no time for my little girl. Went into the exam this morning, did the best I could but I just know in my heart I have failed. I just feel like I cant do this anymore, and I should have just accepted my offers I got last year to study midwifery. Why am I putting myself through this? I just dont feel clever enough. I failed my first exam, well I use the word fail very gently. I actually passed, but for this specific course you need to get 70% on each exam at least or you fail the specific medicine pathway and wont be able to use it to to get into medical school. So for that exam I got 85% on the resit..but this one I took today I just know that have failed which means double the work again to resit and I have a chemistry exam next week as well. I feel exhausted and stupid for not just going for something that doesnt require such academic excellence. Maybe I am just not cut out for this at all. What a mess. Feel so lost...and to top it off, I went straight to the chip shop and got a portion of chips to make myself feel better. :(

Abigail'sMummy said:
Ok first Ill track for yesterday

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter

Lunch - Prawn spaghetti. I used reduced fat creme fraice so I thought it was syn free. How silly was I, came on here and someone says its 1.5 per tablespoon. I used 3 and a bit. So 5 syns for lunch

Dinner - Roast Dinner, skinless chicken, veg, potatoes and a little gravy (3 syns)

So a 10 syn day not a great start as I wanted this week to be a low syn day and with todays food it wont be great.

So today, feeling really really down. I have been working flat out all week, have had no time for my little girl. Went into the exam this morning, did the best I could but I just know in my heart I have failed. I just feel like I cant do this anymore, and I should have just accepted my offers I got last year to study midwifery. Why am I putting myself through this? I just dont feel clever enough. I failed my first exam, well I use the word fail very gently. I actually passed, but for this specific course you need to get 70% on each exam at least or you fail the specific medicine pathway and wont be able to use it to to get into medical school. So for that exam I got 85% on the resit..but this one I took today I just know that have failed which means double the work again to resit and I have a chemistry exam next week as well. I feel exhausted and stupid for not just going for something that doesnt require such academic excellence. Maybe I am just not cut out for this at all. What a mess. Feel so lost...and to top it off, I went straight to the chip shop and got a portion of chips to make myself feel better. :(

Hun, you wouldn't have got as far as you have if you couldn't do it. You can! It's tough I understand but you can do absolutely anything you put your mind to! See what the exam results are before assuming you've failed - what if you pass? Then those chips were so not worth it! And if you don't pass then you try again, and you'll do it because you'll know what to study more at, also it's like the diet, you can't be 100% all of the time! Your human so like the chips just draw a line and start over xx

aw, sorry that you are feeling down. Is has taken me years but i finally do not emotionally eat. If you have a bad day then if you can try not to turn to food. I actually had a course of hypnotherapy that has really helped me with this. I would recommend this to everyone! Dont worry about the exam until you actually know! If you have failed then cross that bridge then. You sound to me that you CAN do this and im sure you will succeed. If you want it that much you will try, try again. ;)

Back