My Slimming World Journal – 18months (and one week)…

Thanks all... and thank you josiejo - glad to know that the sons are also doing ok with the plan...

Wow Ian, soo inspitational, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Did you ever gain on your journey at all? congrats again :):)

Gonnagetslim - i don't think that on a journey such as this you can avoid having the occassional gain - life is always going to get in the way - as is nature. I've had the occassional small gain (most i think was 2lb) - sometimes well and truly expected, sometimes completely out of the blue.

The key thing however is how you handle it - initially it's hard to avoid that feeling of disappointment - but then what? For me - it's always been to look at the accumulative loss over the last 4/8 weeks - what does that work out at. there have been times i may have put on 1lb - but over the previous 3 weeks have lost 3lb a week - that puts me on an 8lb loss over a 4week period (my average losses of 3lb a week are far behind me though). That's 2lb a week lost - i'd be happy with that.

The other thing is to see those changes that have come along due to the weight loss - the increased confidence, the new energy levels, etc - and knowing that if i let one smallish gain put me off - that i could so easily say goodbye to all of that in a short space of time. I don't want to say good bye to that - i want to see where it all leads to...

Gonnagetslim - i don't think that on a journey such as this you can avoid having the occassional gain - life is always going to get in the way - as is nature. I've had the occassional small gain (most i think was 2lb) - sometimes well and truly expected, sometimes completely out of the blue.

The key thing however is how you handle it - initially it's hard to avoid that feeling of disappointment - but then what? For me - it's always been to look at the accumulative loss over the last 4/8 weeks - what does that work out at. there have been times i may have put on 1lb - but over the previous 3 weeks have lost 3lb a week - that puts me on an 8lb loss over a 4week period (my average losses of 3lb a week are far behind me though). That's 2lb a week lost - i'd be happy with that.

The other thing is to see those changes that have come along due to the weight loss - the increased confidence, the new energy levels, etc - and knowing that if i let one smallish gain put me off - that i could so easily say goodbye to all of that in a short space of time. I don't want to say good bye to that - i want to see where it all leads to...

Thank you for that Ian, it has really helped me :eek: because you have been there yourself, you know what your talking about and have been through this journey. Your right, it is how you handle the gain, Before I would have thought 'well whats the point!?' but now its made me even more determined!! it was totally unexpected, I would have accepted it if I had ate a pizza or cakes ect .. never mind, onwards and downwards ;)

Ian, this is extremely inspirational. I started SW 8 weeks ago and have so far lost 2 stone and 12.5 lbs with no intention of slowing down or stopping.

I can relate to your story because we're both similar people (not so much anymore but hopefully again soon!) - we both started out at somewhere around the same weight, similar initial losses and we both work in IT for retail companies!

I can only hope I that I'm able to replicate your success.

Thank you.

thebear - i know it sounds blaise/cliche - but truly - if i can do it - then anyone can. Like everyone else - bad habits form too easily for me - good ones take much much longer. I just saw the changes in me over the first few months - and didn't want those changes to stop - and here I am - 20months later, 14st6lb lighter, and living a life that i never had before - including jumping out of a plane for fun yesterday.

Truly - as far as i'm concerned - Slimming World/Food optimising is now my life - i can't imagine another way of eating - it's become that much of a lifestyle for me.

What an inspiration - you've done so well and look gorgeous! I'm back on track after a month off due to stress and whilst I didn't gain a lot, I'm newly focused to add to the 4 stone I've already lost. Thank you so much for your story xxx

Wow Ian congrats.

You guys are all so inspirational i have 7st to lose but finding the diet plan really hard to get right im not losing weight i keep a journal and have been told im not eating enough - im ready to quit :( any help with the meal plans you used would be much appreciated.

I just came across this site by accident looking for inspirarion
your picture above is amazing and the fact that u lost 17 stone is crazy
how did you manage it if u don't mind me asking ??

well done. xx

Back