My Slimming World Journey to Inspire - 5 Stone 7 Pound Total Loss

Great post- and well done on your great losses!
I have never been to a gym either, and keep exercise simple. I walk to work and back 5 times a week- easy. It's 45 minutes there and about 50 minutes back (it's slightly uphill on the way home!). I also walk every Saturday and Sunday for a couple of hours. As you say, it's free and there's no equipment required!

Hit the nail on the head there, it is simple, free and not complicated and it is amazing what a bit of walking or even 'boosted' walking or power walking can do. I think it really helps to be a bit conscious that little efforts will help make the difference too.
I walk to work too, but not for that long! If i had to walk further i would do less at home. I reckon it simple and incredibly effective and cheap as chips.... oooo chips lol :p

Thanks for posting,
Lee

What a great post! As I do SW by myself at home (I work nights so was never a real option for me to go to class, not that it ever appealed tbh!) like you Lee I stumbled across and read lots on Minis before I actually joined. I have found it to be my greatest asset the people I've come across, sharing the ups and downs really helps. Well done on your fantastic loss and keep up the great work! :)

What a great post! As I do SW by myself at home (I work nights so was never a real option for me to go to class, not that it ever appealed tbh!) like you Lee I stumbled across and read lots on Minis before I actually joined. I have found it to be my greatest asset the people I've come across, sharing the ups and downs really helps. Well done on your fantastic loss and keep up the great work! :)

Aww thank you! Its fab to know that there are so many different people around and doing it in different ways too. I hope that message can spread. Slimming world can fit around you, who needs a class to go to when you can do it online. And working nights!

I think its such a fab idea to share - loads of my friends are very much the eat what you want and still look fabulous. I hate these type of people. I only have to look at chocolate before i become bloated! That's before eating the bugger lol! So it is nice to find that there are so many different types of people who are just looking to get healthy and feel better about themselves and if i can help like others have helped me - bonus!

I love the online side to slimming world and really want to make the most of it! After all, one thing i have found is people who are like me 'done with slimming world' so to speak as that's it now the journey to the goal is made, the hard part begins now as its the maintaining side. I think SW should do more for that side. I'm not done with SW so to speak but once the weight is lost there needs to be other things to keep you going. So now its time to focus on keeping it off and maintaining the healthy lifestyle i have made for myself.

Lee

Well done you too! You've done amazingly well:) It's great to see posts from those who have done so well, especially when doing SW from home which is no easy feat. Do you have a food dairy link? I would love to have a nosey at how you've eaten yourself so slim. Good luck with getting to your not so far off target!

Well done you too! You've done amazingly well:) It's great to see posts from those who have done so well, especially when doing SW from home which is no easy feat. Do you have a food dairy link? I would love to have a nosey at how you've eaten yourself so slim. Good luck with getting to your not so far off target!

I don't have a food diary link - i am crap at putting stuff up like that. I just keep to the old pasta/rice/potatoes as a form and with a meaty protein. Today for tea i had fry light pan fried turkey with Jacket Potatoes skins with cheese/onion/mushrooms/cheese melted and done. Bit of effort but it was really nice. I tend to have Branflakes/two small pieces of bread as toast or Weetabix for breakfast. I keep it simple (as my cooking is VERY limited lol). Not sure of anyone else has some diaries for you to look at.

I should really look at putting one together shouldn't i!

Little update to this post. As requested a few meal examples of things i've eaten. I would love to keep a food diary but i don't think i would stick to it and i would hate to disappoint! lol

Breakfast: I mostly have Branflakes as a b option, two pieces of wholemeal toast as a b option, weetabix as a b option or if i want to free up a b option (which i tend to mostly have at breakfast) i have yoghurt and fruit or the slimming world friendly full English of eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushroom etc.

Main meals:
-Meatballs and pasta with tomatoes and onions
-Spaghetti Bolognese (if i'm bad i'll syn a dolmio sauce or if i'm good i'll do my own, onions, courgette, tomatoes etc.)
-Pan fried Chicken or Turkey with plain rice and roasted courgette, pepper and onion - Mediterranean vegetable if you will lol
-Gammon, SW 'Fried' Egg, SW 'Chips', tomatoes and mushrooms.
-Sunday Lunch - always have it on a Sunday. I syn one Yorkshire Pudding and gravy and feel good at not missing out on a dinner!
-Sausage casserole - recipe on SW Website
-Sausage with onion gravy and new potatoes and veggies
-Jacket Potatoes with cheese, onion and bacon melted on the top with some form of protein
-Burgers (SW Friendly version) with salad and SW Chips
-Syn Free SW Version of any curry and rice
-Pizza Pasta Bake - a normal pasta bake but pizza version with ham/bacon/mushroom/onion and other pizza type toppings and a option cheese
-Ham and Egg Muffins - SW Recipe
-Cheese and Ham Toasties - it is possible! B option Bread, meat on top and melt cheese on it. They are 'open toasties' but its there i guess lol. SW Chips and Salad
-Shepherd's Pie and Veg - It is pretty low syn! Cheese a option melted on top - can't go wrong!
-Any protein or cheese based salad
-Chinese style pork and noodles with red peppers, spring onion and mushrooms
-Cous Cous and cucumber, lettuce and tomato with Lemon Chicken
-Steak, SW Chips and Mushrooms (peppercorn sauce if that takes your fancy and you have some syns)
-Sweet Potato Wedges and Roasted Mediterranean vegetables and a protein
-Roasted vegetable and mozzarella cous cous
-Roasted vegetable and mozzarella potato salad
-Jacket potato, salad and mince meat
-Stuffed Peppers
-Chicken topped pizza and SW Chips
-Omelette Pizza
-Omelette, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
-Sausage and Mash!
-Pulled Pork
-Chilli and Rice
-Chilli and SW Wedges
-Chicken or Beef stew - Just syn the gravy!
-Diet Coke Chicken
-Soups (if you can make them - mine never worked!)
-Chicken noodle soup - Nothing like a soup which is probably while i can cook it. Chicken stock, onions, peppers, chicken and noodles after it cooked
-Lamb Chops, SW Wedges and Roasted Mediterranean veg or Veg
-SW Egg fried Rice - My own version of this which is rice, scrambled egg or omelette mixed all up with some prawns
-Prawns lettuce and cucumber (i've even had melon with this - quite interesting and parma ham)
-Italian Pork - pork cooked and wrapped in parma ham with rice and salad or veg. If you fiddle a bit with the ham you can make it less syns
-Pork Melts - pork with melted cheese on top and rice/SW Chips and Salad or veggies
-Risotto - Ive done Mushroom and Bacon and Turkey

Next i'm looking at trying Jacket potato Hot dog and A quiche of some description

Puddings/Desserts
-Jelly/Yoghurt/Fat Free Natural yoghurt are easy syn free options
-I've tried making Haribo sweets - separate thread
-Crushed Meringues with Yoghurt on top (Vanilla Choc is good) and crushed smarties or malteasers on top
-Weetabix muffins - Rolo and Smartie Based - separate thread
-Hot Chocolate and Marshmellows
-Marshmellows
-Hot chocolate mixed in Fat free fromage frais
-Strawberries and vanilla muller
-SW Trifle - Jelly set with fruit in, fat free fromage frais (with white chocolate or favoured hot choc mixed in) Muller flavour on top and two mikado sticks in

I find i really struggle with desserts unless i just syn some biscuits or chocolate or go without.

Hopefully some of the ideas are ok and easy to understand, i am no cook and massively flexible when i do cook. I have to be! lol
There are loads of ideas and website out there, google recipes and nick ideas from everyone else - its how i've built up a bit of a bank of ideas. I like things simple and i am sure you can complicate recipes and be waaaay more adventurous.

Hope you enjoy, please share you own ideas too and hopefully everyone can benefit from them.

Lee

I enjoyed reading about your journey so far and there are a few bits you mentioned that i can relate to. like having a blow out and giving up. that is pretty much what i did last time, i was doing well, 2 stone loss, my mum and i were doing it together, joined a gym and we were going jogging at Wollaton park, Colwick park, Clumber park switching around for change of scenery. we had signed ourselves up for the 10k race for life in the summer of 2012 and all was going well.
the race for live gave us something to aim for once we had done that and weather started to deteriorate an turn to autumn, winter we started going to the gym more but along with not having a something to aim for and Christmas approaching the naughty treats started sneaking in. To justify this to ourselves it would be "oh well we will work harder at the gym next time to burn it off". then our work shifts changed and for a period of time our shifts hardly ever matched up so the gym started falling by the way side. come Christmas it was more a case of sod it its Christmas lets have a blow out then get back on it in the new year..

The new year came and went and we didnt "get back on it" and over the past 3 years my mum and i have both slowly put all our loss back on and neither of us managed to reach target first time.

This time round i have more motivation and more of a reason to lose weight. firstly my mum and i have booked a holiday to Cyprus for September and i don't want to look back at the holiday pics to see me covered up pasty and waddling down the beach.
My second key motivation is this Christmas my fella and i are hoping to start trying for a baby and i don't want to be a fat mum at the school gate and have my children relentlessly bullied because i choose to not do anything about my weight. i want to be able to run around and play with my kids and enjoy them i don't want to be too poorly to see them grow up to play football with them and play on the park with them or even climb a tree hehehe.

Like you lee , i have been weighing myself most days just to see the difference, i know i shouldnt but its like an addiction and so far every time i do im happy so far 10 days into my diet and i have lost 6lb i feel amazing at this to think come weigh day on Saturday i may have already lost 1/2 stone. i set myself a steady limit of losing 2lb a week so i have excelled at my target so far and feel over the moon. i know further along the line of my weight loss journey my loss will slow down and get smaller amounts but i am determined this time.

Unlike last time i am not going to group. it is awkward with my ever changing shifts and i really cant be doing with the big cheesy grin and the sucky "THAT'S AMAZING" that my old rep used to do. it would really grate on me and im not one for the ritual humiliation feeling like everyone is judging me as i've only lost half a pound. My old group was very clique-y and i just used to feel uncomfortable like i was a little fish in a tank of sharks almost.

this time i have my mum doing it with me, one of my work friends is losing weight too and this forum for support and my saboteur whom i have told under no uncertain circumstances is he allowed to waft things under my nose with the comment of "do you want one babe, go on just have one"
when i'm struggling or feel like i've achieved something good or stuck for ideas i text my work friend or my mum. when our shifts match my mum and i will go walking/ jogging. my work friend and i will go cycling or go round each other houses and do a workout together and i'm gonna harass everyone on here with my journey .. heheh. i have also been keeping my food diary writing things down in my little book as i have them.
i also don't mind the delayed gratification of saving some syns to have a bigger treat at the end of the week and really feel like ive earned it as sometimes a little bit of something isn't enough for me so i'm better off not to have a little bit at all , store up and have a satisfying amount.

so i will sign off with feeling very optimistic and happy atm and keep searching for hints tips and recipe ideas and finding out about other people on here and we can all take this journey together one mouthful at a time :p
Bec

Hope your doing well Lee!

Good Luck Bec! You can do it this time! :)

I enjoyed reading about your journey so far and there are a few bits you mentioned that i can relate to. like having a blow out and giving up. that is pretty much what i did last time, i was doing well, 2 stone loss, my mum and i were doing it together, joined a gym and we were going jogging at Wollaton park, Colwick park, Clumber park switching around for change of scenery. we had signed ourselves up for the 10k race for life in the summer of 2012 and all was going well.
the......so i will sign off with feeling very optimistic and happy atm and keep searching for hints tips and recipe ideas and finding out about other people on here and we can all take this journey together one mouthful at a time :p
Bec

Thanks for the lovely and nice reply.

I guess its nice to know that others are in the same situation or experienced similar things as you have. So its nice to know the journey is similar i guess for people. That's why i wanted to share my story and what i've been doing. I really hope everyone benefits from sharing and reading my story and other's stories in the post,as you have done.

I am so glad i am not the only one who isn't with the consultant thing, i can't stand the lost 2lbs over gratification for it and a certificate - it just isn't me! I think its very easy to remember that oh well if you do blow out, get back on the next day. I almost think it should happen..... if you blow out, it gets it out of your system and you can move on. I remember one day wanting a flapjack - i chose the biggest and most chocolately covered one, it was 16 syns. Yeah ok i went over my 15 syns but i shouldn't feel guilty about one extra one. So big stretch on that day the following day i'm sure i had like one or two. But after that i didn't go off plan at all above 15 syns for like 2 months before it was a birthday party and i had a couple of ciders, birthday cake and party food. Massive blow out really if you think syns wise, but again, back on plan the next day - no sweet cravings for weeks again.
I know consultants have to basically plug the plan and not promote a cheeky indulgence - but i think you should, if you do it every week then yeah it won't work but if you do it once or twice over a few months, i think it helps. MUST POINT OUT i'm not saying everyone should indulge and go over syns all the time i swear lol.

The right support is key, my sister was on and off with a pregnancy. She decided when she was pregnant she would stop, which is fine. Now she's back on we are supporting each other again. There's nothing worse then unhelpful people that don't support you.

The exercise in my mind makes a difference. I will never join a gym, i can do it in my home in front of the tv, so i'm all good lol. Going out running or jogging is good too but not up my street, which is why i like the exersie i do. Simple and effective.

I like the optimistic attitude, it can and will happen for you! If you go over or have a bad day, ah well... plan out a more positive week the following week. When it was Christmas a few months back i ate and drank whatever i wanted and that was my reward for loosing my weight. I didn't feel guilty at all and apart from having a cheeky bit of Chocolate log and some Jam roly poly oh and some piggies in blankets!!! Love them - i was still thinking of the plan and be cautious.

I shall end with the positive thought that you have given me, that people are inspired by everyone sharing stories and i would like pages and pages of threads to this post of everyone's stories including the ups and downs, successes and achievements. I shall also end with the thought that a piece of chocolate cake at the weekend and going over syns WILL NOT KILL YOU, but doing it every week WILL have a difference so be sensible if you have a blow out, get back on it as that blow out might help you get cravings and stuff out of your system but carrying on will mean your weight goes back on. You are in control, but never feel guilty for having a few extra syns.

(That might be a little bit easier for me to say as a little gain won't make a massive difference to me but i genuinely believe part of your slimming world journey is to not feel guilty for a a blow out)

I'm adding another tip for everyone. I know there are loads of tips but for me i only just sort of found this one and that's why i think it is so relevant. It still surprises me that even now i am learning and finding out more new things....

- Measuring spoons like the picture below... i have only just properly used them and was shocked to find that my 2 syns table spoon of tomato sauce when i fancy it with me SW chips has actually been more like a tea spoon - so i've been selling myself short! Gutted!

No way will i be selling myself short on syn values! If i'm synning it i will be having the FULL amount lol and i guess this is another 'tip' if you will. Don't guess syn values or consider it 4 syns when its 4.5 syns - that 0.5 could be a big difference.

Lee

61kf4g72neL._SL1200_.jpg

In the spirit of being positive and all that i am keeping up with the support.... and adding to my journey and keeping it moving on... i have linked me twitter account with the icon under my name or its @taylorl2506

Defo want to make the most of all support and inspiration out there so that's me next port of call

Lee

Hi Lee...Hope your ok and still maintaining :)

Hi Lee...Hope your ok and still maintaining :)

Hi,

I'm ok thank you and i hope you are too. I am maintaining but over Easter i may have indulged a little bit. Easter Eggs, BBQs, Meals out, Brownies, Cider and Cocktails may have been consumed..... But that's the reason i'm doing this - so i am able to do things like this - indulge at Easter and that sort of thing. As for the maintaining i can't tell any difference really but i reckon there could have been something going on.... But i went straight back to plan and still am now. Also, i won't be indulging again till my Birthday in a few months so i remember the reasons why i do this, not because i can't ever enjoy a treat but because i am in control of it and can pick and choose when i want a treat and that i can switch straight back to plan afterwards.

A bit of a story for you but yeah there we go! In short i am ok, still on plan and maintaining

Lee :)

Great to hear your ok :) I 100% agree with you. You still have to live a little and enjoy some treats. I'm well thanks getting nearer to the 4 stone mark now, hoping to get there and a little more before holiday just to help with the inevitable gain! ..lol..

Great to hear your ok :) I 100% agree with you. You still have to live a little and enjoy some treats. I'm well thanks getting nearer to the 4 stone mark now, hoping to get there and a little more before holiday just to help with the inevitable gain! ..lol..

Thats fantastic - congratulations!
Of course but holidays are for fun and like i say i think your body needs treats every now and then otherwise it becomes too used to what you are doing. Be on plan till then, have fun, then go back to it.... Its all good! a journey, not a sprint!

Lee

Ok hopefully the pictures load.....

As requested my before and after pics. The first one is from October 2013. The second one is from December 2013. These were just before i started my slimming world journey. The third picture is from November 2014 and the Fourth Picture is from January 2015, just after Christmas. By November i had pretty much lost it all and not much has really shifted, i'm now just maintaining. So a total of 5 stone 7lbs off.

Lee

View attachment 168502 View attachment 168503 View attachment 168504 View attachment 168505
omg amazing I bet your wife an family are very proud you look lush well done glad to see your still smiling before an after

omg amazing I bet your wife an family are very proud you look lush well done glad to see your still smiling before an after

Awww thank you, actually i am single but everyone is proud of i am sure. I always smile - no matter what, even on a bad day - why not lol!

Back