My sole (source) to soul life changing journey

Week 4 weigh in and the week ahead - I'm a third of the way there! Results Weight: 12st 7lbs (0lbs off, 12.5lbs in total) Measurements: 0.5 inches off waist & chest, 0.25 inches off arms How do I feel about this? Like ****. I could cry :cry:My consultant said I'm probably retaining water and haven't been drinking enough of it this week - apparently you need more water when having the bars (why didn't I know this?!). I really needed to see a loss this week after feeling disappointed with my 2.5lb loss last week. All week I've been feeling demotivated and fighting cravings off constantly. It seems so unfair that I've worked hard all week and stuck to it yet have NO pound loss, not a single pound. Why is my body so f#ck*ng stubborn?! I hate it! BUT... I am choosing to focus on the fact that I've lost 0.5inch off my waist and my chest, so I HAVE lost body fat. I trust the measurements more than the scales. And look at the bigger picture, this is one bad week out of what will be many good ones and an overall attainment of my goal (eventually! however long it takes). Week 5 goal In my head I believe I deserve a big loss next week after this crushing dissappointment. I'm going to be ambitious and go for 4lbs off which will take me to 12st3lbs. Then I have one more weigh in on 31st March when I aim to get into the 11s! I'm going to follow my consultants advice and drink even more water every day. I'm also going to do a couple of 30 Day Shred workouts and continue with the walking. Food thoughts Perhaps it's the bars that are slowing my weight loss down? I ordered them again for this week (5), one a day during the week. So I'll see how the next weigh in goes, and if it's another dissappointment I'm going back to just shakes, soups and savoury meals. Cravings can F#*K OFF. I'm so determined to do well this week nothing will get in the way! Have a great week CWPers, I hope you're doing better than I am! xx

Oh Lauren I feel your pain. I've been there and it is so disappointing. Each week feels like an eternity too when you're waiting on the loss. The thing I always remember, however hard, is that you have been 100% so you must be burning fat, regardless of what the scales say.

On the bars, I have cut back on them and the spag Bol which is also higher in carbs. I am not having them as often now. Don't know if it makes a difference but obviously the less carbs the better.

I am sure this coming week will be better!

Jx

Hi Lauren, just been reading you diary and just felt I needed to wish you well on your journey.

I did Cambridge initially at the beginning of 2012. Reasons for loosing weight were that I had severe PCOS and we we had been trying for a baby for 2 years. I lost 4 and a half stone between Jan & July that year with a couple of planned breaks for holidays etc. My cycles regulated to every 6 weeks which was a miracle for me. By December my cycle was missing in action and I became very deflated. I got my referral through for the fertility clinic and on Christmas Eve they wanted me to have a smear test to rule anything out but before I could have that done I would need to take a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side. On 23rd December 2012 I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant!!!!! I spent all of Xmas and new year in a state of shock. I now have a beautiful 22 month old little boy, my miracle! If it wasn't for Cambridge I wouldn't have lost the weight and I truly believe I wouldn't have fallen pregnant.

I have gained back my weight and more but because I've never been so content not because of the pregnancy. I'm back to get myself sorted and maybe one day try again. But for now I am so grateful. My advice would be to book a couple of holidays, really relax and enjoy trying. I spent too long being obsessed every month and when I took a step back and had a couple of amazing holidays (my boy was conceived in Vegas!!) that's when my miracle happened. I wish you all the best and have everything crossed for you.

lily Xxx

Hi Lauren, just been reading you diary and just felt I needed to wish you well on your journey.

I did Cambridge initially at the beginning of 2012. Reasons for loosing weight were that I had severe PCOS and we we had been trying for a baby for 2 years. I lost 4 and a half stone between Jan & July that year with a couple of planned breaks for holidays etc. My cycles regulated to every 6 weeks which was a miracle for me. By December my cycle was missing in action and I became very deflated. I got my referral through for the fertility clinic and on Christmas Eve they wanted me to have a smear test to rule anything out but before I could have that done I would need to take a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side. On 23rd December 2012 I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant!!!!! I spent all of Xmas and new year in a state of shock. I now have a beautiful 22 month old little boy, my miracle! If it wasn't for Cambridge I wouldn't have lost the weight and I truly believe I wouldn't have fallen pregnant.

I have gained back my weight and more but because I've never been so content not because of the pregnancy. I'm back to get myself sorted and maybe one day try again. But for now I am so grateful. My advice would be to book a couple of holidays, really relax and enjoy trying. I spent too long being obsessed every month and when I took a step back and had a couple of amazing holidays (my boy was conceived in Vegas!!) that's when my miracle happened. I wish you all the best and have everything crossed for you.

lily Xxx

Hi Lily,
Thanks for your message. It really means a lot to hear from someone who has been through the uphill struggle of PCOS and infertility and come through it. Congratulations on your little boy!
We had been referred to the fertililty consultant and had all our tests (HSG, scans, bloods, sperm) and were offered 3 free rounds of IVF straight away. As I'm only 30, I feel like I could continue trying with the aid of fertility drugs for another years or so before going through with the IVF treatment. So I've been using Clomid 50mg since January. However, recently my friend got pregnant almost immediately after meeting her new boyfriend, and this news was difficult to take in. So me and my partner have decided to break from TTC for a while so I can switch my focus to losing this weight and we have also booked a holiday to Greece in May and we're planning a trip to Cuba over Christmas and New Year!
I think it's the best thing for me really as I won't have feelings of jealousy towards my friend as she goes through her pregnancy and I can look forward to our amazing holidays. And it will be so much healthier to be 3 stone lighter before I get pregnant. PCOS is just such a b*tch, I feel like my body is just fighting against me all the time and I hate it! It makes losing weight 10x harder than it is for people without PCOS, and the years and months of dissappointment with negative pregnancy tests is heartbreaking. Hopefully one day I will get my wish too!
Thanks again for writing xxx

Last edited:
Week 5 weigh in and the week ahead

Results
Weight: 12st 2lbs (5lbs off, 1st 3.5lbs in total!)
Measurements: 1.5 inches off waist, 1 inch off chest & hips, 0.25 inches off thighs

How do I feel about this?
AMAZING! I did it! I made up for the 0lbs last week and had another BIG loss! :D I worked so hard for it. I really stepped up with exercise and did 3 '30 Day Shred' workouts and also went for a 6 mile hike at the weekend. I also bought a 1ltr drinking bottle and have been drinking over 3 litres of water each day. As soon as my consultant saw me she said I looked different and she could tell I'd lost weight. She also made me hold one of the 5lb fake blocks of fat, it was so heavy and big - I can't believe I was carrying that around on my body just 1 week ago. This diet is truly amazing! Got my 1 stone rosette displayed at home now :)

Week 6 goal
It seems insane to be saying this after only a few weeks, but I aim to be in the 11s by the end of week 6. So 3lbs is my goal, anything over that would be astounding. I'm keeping up the 30 Day Shred workouts (at least 3 per week) and if the weather is good another hike at weekend. And obviously my walks to and from work (40 mins per day).

Food thoughts
Despite my latest brilliant result, I decided to stick with my plan of cutting down on the bars. So rather than a bar for lunch at work I'm having tetra pack shakes this week. I bought 2 bars which I can have on the days I don't eat the spaghetti bolognaise/risotto. This should ensure my carb intake is lower than last week and hopefully mean another loss next week. Weigh in is one day later than usual next week, on Wednesday evening.

Here's to another 100% week with plenty of toning, cardio and water. Almost HALF WAY THERE!! Have a great week! :) xx

Hi Lily,
Thanks for your message. It really means a lot to hear from someone who has been through the uphill struggle of PCOS and infertility and come through it. Congratulations on your little boy!
We had been referred to the fertililty consultant and had all our tests (HSG, scans, bloods, sperm) and were offered 3 free rounds of IVF straight away. As I'm only 30, I feel like I could continue trying with the aid of fertility drugs for another years or so before going through with the IVF treatment. So I've been using Clomid 50mg since January. However, recently my friend got pregnant almost immediately after meeting her new boyfriend, and this news was difficult to take in. So me and my partner have decided to break from TTC for a while so I can switch my focus to losing this weight and we have also booked a holiday to Greece in May and we're planning a trip to Cuba over Christmas and New Year!
I think it's the best thing for me really as I won't have feelings of jealousy towards my friend as she goes through her pregnancy and I can look forward to our amazing holidays. And it will be so much healthier to be 3 stone lighter before I get pregnant. PCOS is just such a b*tch, I feel like my body is just fighting against me all the time and I hate it! It makes losing weight 10x harder than it is for people without PCOS, and the years and months of dissappointment with negative pregnancy tests is heartbreaking. Hopefully one day I will get my wish too!
Thanks again for writing xxx

I can totally sympathise with the feelings that surround you when others fall pregnant! I unfortunately had it rubbed in my face by my sister in law too. Constantly going on about how easy she could fall pregnant etc. Then when my son came home from hospital, on our first visit to my husbands parents she announced another pregnancy! And basically as far as she's concerned her kids are more important than our son and she makes things very difficult for us. She got married in a rush job wedding to beat my husband to it also. She's pathetic! So I distance ourselves as much as I can from her now. I have absolutely no time for her! I've dealt with her nastiness for years and I just want to live my life without her trying to make it into a competition!

I admire you for wanting to try naturally for another year before you consider IVF. It takes a very strong and determined women to do so. PCOS can be conquered and I have no doubt that your strength and determination will succeed. People take pregnancy for granted & that frustrates me! My beautiful boy was born 8 weeks early so we spent a while in the neonatal unit before he came home but that time made me appreciate my life and my baby more than I could imagine. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

You are doing everything you can to make it happen and you should be very proud of yourself!

xxx

My weigh in this week is on Wednesday, so only 2 days to go now. I'm afraid this might be another week of staying the same or a small loss, I really don't feel a difference in myself this week!
I have been working out, doing the 30 Day Shred every other day without fail and walking as much as possible (although the weather was bad this weekend so no hike). And I also had less bars than previous weeks and made sure that I didn't eat a bar and a spag bol/risotto on the same day to minimise carb intake. The only thing I've felt a tiny bit guilty for is having milk in my coffees - I've had about 6 coffees with skimmed milk in them. Hopefeully this hasn't made too much of a difference. I'm not going to have any from now though and hope weigh is day is a good one. I'm nervous! x

Week 6 weigh in and the week ahead - HALF WAY THERE!!

Results
Weight: 11st 12.5lbs (3.5lbs off, 1st 7lbs in total!)
Measurements: 0.5 inch off chest & hips, 0.25 inches off arms

AMAZING! AGAIN! I was convinced that I had stayed the same this week, to have lost 3.5lbs and be down into the 11s at the half way point is just fantastic! If I can mirror this rate of weight loss over the next 6 weeks that will be 3 stones off! People are beginning to really notice the difference now. I can definitely feel it :) I tried on a few old dresses, really nice ones that I wore to weddings in 2013 and haven't been able to wear since and THEY FIT! I couldn't believe it, so happy. Another stone down and they will look perfect on me.

Week 7 goal
It's Easter weekend starting tomorrow, but luckily there are no occasions with friends and family that I am obliged to eat or drink at. Just taking bars and shakes when I do see them. I guess my goal this week is another 3.5lbs. I'm still doing my 30DS workouts and they're getting easier - might have to step this up a notch. I'm also doing the Blogilates 30 day Arms Challenge for April hoping that helps to tone my guns for summer!

Food thoughts
I've booked a celebration meal at Hawksmoor in Manchester on 30th April - this is the day after my penultimate weigh in and the day before I go on a camping trip with Mark and friends. It's a steak place so I can try to keep it fairly low carb, however, I will hopefully have reached 11st by this point and want to celebrate that fact and reward myself with the first restaurant meal I'll have had in months. I'm doing fine on the diet and not having too many hungry/craving days at all - feeling really focused and determined. I'm more nervous about coming off the diet and gaining weight back.

The future
The plan after this 12 weeks is to go on holiday to Greece and try to eat Step 3 most of the week, then when I come back I'll be going back onto sole source for another 12 weeks with a secondary goal of getting down to 9st! If I can get there, I'd be ok with leeway of 1st to go back up to 10st. Anything above 10st 7lbs is back into the 'overweight' BMI category and will send off alarms bells for me to reign it in!

Easter weekend update...
This bank holiday weekend has been fantastic! I managed to get loads of exercise done and the weather was great for it - went on two 10k walks and did the 30 Day Shred LEVEL 2 three times! The exercises in level 2 are so much harder, especially the plank jacks, static lunges with bicep curl and military presses right at the end. Ooof! Definitely feeling more toned today and starting to see some definition in my legs and abs. I've also kept up the 30 day Arms Challenge for April which isn't feeling too challenging now but the reps increase every day so by the end of the month it might actually feel like 'work'.

I can't say it has been easy having the world revolve around food for everyone else at Easter. I've had to turn down roast dinners, chocolate, wine and beer. I stuck to plan aside from a couple of milky cappucinos which I'm not going to feel too guilty about as IT'S ONLY MILK and after all the exercise I've put in it shouldn't make a difference to my weightloss. I'm feeling really, really good about myself and quite smug about the wholesome, healthy long weekend I had. It's great not having hangovers to deal with anymore and the inevitable hangover food binges that follow. Only 2 more days until weigh in, I'm feeling positive about this one :) xx

wow your story is so inspirational ... if I had no losses or very little in Week 3 / 4 I could see myself giving up! but you really stuck to it and carried on. Do you think exercise makes any difference - slower/faster weightloss. I am on SS and also run for about 30min/40min will this have an impact?

wow your story is so inspirational ... if I had no losses or very little in Week 3 / 4 I could see myself giving up! but you really stuck to it and carried on. Do you think exercise makes any difference - slower/faster weightloss. I am on SS and also run for about 30min/40min will this have an impact?

Thanks shiningstar :) I definitely think exercise is helping me with faster weightloss. Since I began I've had 3 weeks of good losses and noticed an improvement in my shape and tone which is important to me and will help to stop my skin sagging as I shrink.
I think your 30/40min running will certainly have a positive impact! Keep going! x

Week 7 weigh in and the week ahead

Results
Weight: 11st 8.5lbs (4lbs off, 1st 11lbs in total)
Measurements: 0.5 inches off waist, hips and arms

I feel fantastic. I'm feel like my whole life is transforming in the most positive way, the weightloss success is influencing other areas of my life and I haven't felt this happy in a long time! I'm so pleased that my saintly behaviour and consistent exercise over the Easter holidays has paid off and been worth it. I met up with a friend I haven't seen since starting the diet and she was shocked at the change! She said "oh my god, you look so skinny!", which was great to hear :) I bought myself some new Spring wear, but didn't go mad as hopefully it will be too big for me in a few weeks!

Week 8 goal
If I can lose 3lbs this week, it will be 2 stones in 8 weeks in total. So that's my goal. I have had 3 really good losses in a row now, so I'm probably due to have a 'slow' week next, and I'm due to start my period at weekend so that might mean water retention. But I'm going to keep up the 30 Day Shred, get outdoors for walks if I can (weather has been great all week), and stick to the plan of course!

Food thoughts
I'm having quite a hungry day today - I'm sure you CWPers know what I mean! Some days can fly by without a thought for food, but occasionally I have a day where my tummy rumbles and thoughts of sausages creep in. Haha! In 3 weeks today it'll be the day of my 'celebration meal' with Mark at Hawksmoor restaurant so that's my figurative 'carrot' to chase. If I weigh 11st or under by then, I will eat whatever I fancy just for that one meal. If not, I'll keep it low carb and choose wisely from the menu.
Spag bol for dinner tonight :)

Have a great week xx

Weigh in is tomorrow evening. I've felt really drained and depressed this past couple of days. I think it's PMT, I'm probably retaining water too so might get a rubbish loss tomorrow. I'm not going to add any salt to my soups/risotto (to prevent bloating) and drink loads of water. I had a rest day from exercise yesterday as I did quite a lot at weekend and felt exhausted. Tonight I'm going to walk home and do 30DS and arm challenge.

I hate hormones. Really just want to hide away at home today but I'm in work :( counting down to weekend, and keeping my holiday in mind... 3 weeks to camping in Wales, 5 weeks to Greece!

My next diary entry will be weigh in results for week 8 on Thursday, let's hope it's a good one! x

Week 8 weigh in and the week ahead

Results
Weight: 11st 4lbs (4.5lbs off, 2st 1.5lbs in total)
Measurements: 0.5 inches off hips

WOW! I really was not expecting that at all. Absolutely smashed my target! Can't believe how much weight I've lost in the past 2 months, I'm so happy and proud of myself :) I just need to keep going for another 4 weeks and I should be well into the 10s in time for my holiday. It's unreal!

Week 9 goal
I'd like to lose 2 or 3lbs at least this week, then I'll be on track for getting to 11 or under by the end of April. I'm keeping up with my water, the 30 Day Shred and walking, hopefully getting out for another hike this weekend.

Food thoughts
As you saw in my last post, I've suffered quite a bit this past week, and it was definitely down to hormones! My PMT is now gone and I'm feeling much more positive thank god. No cravings, happy with my products for the week. One thing I am beginning to miss is having a bit of alcohol. I'm not exactly craving the taste or anything, it's just difficult seeing my boyfriend go out and drink without me - I feel like I'm missing out on the fun. I have been out with friends and happily drank tea/coffee/sparkling water, but I kind of miss the 'being drunk' feeling, especially when the weather's warm. Not massively though. I can hang on until my celebration meal which is now exactly 2 weeks away :)

Have a great week xx

Wow!! What an amazing loss in 2 months!! You have done brilliant.. Keep up the good work!

Do u have any before and in progress pics?

U must be feeling soo good!

Wow!! What an amazing loss in 2 months!! You have done brilliant.. Keep up the good work!

Do u have any before and in progress pics?

U must be feeling soo good!

I feel well on my way to amazing! Nearly there :) I do have a before & during pic my consultant took 7lbs ago, but need a more recent one...
photo 2(1).jpg

Week 9 weigh in and the week ahead

Results
Weight: 11st 4lbs (0lbs off, 2st 1.5lbs in total)
Measurements: 1 inch off chest, 0.25 inch off arms

Ok, so I was on a bit of a roll for the last 4 weeks... I expected a week where I stay the same. So I'm not too bothered that the scales didn't move this week. My body probably needs a week to take stock of the recent weight loss, and a week isn't very long anyway - they seem to be flying by!

Week 10 goal
So this week I see as a CHALLENGE! If I had lost 2lbs last night, I might take it easy this week feeling sure that I'll get down to 11 by the end of April. However, my '11 or under by end of April' target is looking a little more tricky! If I want to lose 4lbs or more, I'm going to need to WORK!! Also, I have a work event on Wednesday evening next week so have had to move my weigh in appointment to Tuesday evening, which mean I only have 6 days to lose these lbs. My plan to make it happens starts today and will be followed every day until weigh in...

1) No more milk - I need to reign it in. Last week I was having at least one skinny cappucino per day, or multiple cups of tea with milk in at home. I wasn't weighing it or even counting how many cups, and even though only a small thing it might make a difference. Instead I will drink nice herbal teas, green tea and sparkling water.
2) Work out - I did 3x 30 Day Shred level 2s last week. I'm going to try and find a Youtube video for level 3 and do that every day! Hopefully walking at weekend too.
3) Water - "The more you drink, the more you shrink" is my mantra. 3 - 4 lites a day now.

Food thoughts
I have my usual breakdown of products, balancing out the higher carb ones to just one of those per day (only 3 bars for the whole week, and no spag bol/risotto on the days I have bars). Mainly shakes and soups. Oh, and I tried the new Key Lime Pie flavoured shake last week and LOVED IT! So i have 2 of those to enjoy this week. They make a really summery refreshing drink :)
I'm meeting my girlfriends for drinks in town on Saturday late afternoon/evening. I'll be on the sparkling waters/herbal teas while they sip cocktails! I can do it. If I hold on to my rules, I might get to this target and be able to splurge out on my celebration meal on 30th April (exactly 1 week away now!) and it will be so worth it!

As my original goal was 11st, I've bought a thank you card and a gift from Lush for my consultant. I just want her to know how much she has helped me to change my life, and I'm so grateful for that. Her support has been amazing and I hope we remain friends after I reach the end of my steps and am maintaining. <3

Wish me luck in my 6 day challenge, I'm feeling nervous! Have a great week xxx

I'm just putting it here to remind myself for Tuesday - I need to buy one of the shaker cup things at my next weigh in so I can take it on the camping trip and have my shakes!

Snook on the scales this morning, mine usually weigh me 4lbs less than my consultants, but I was 10st 11lbs! This means I'd be 11st 2lbs on hers, so it looks like I AM losing weight this week!! :D

Back