My story so far ( inspiration to others I hope)

mrsessex

Gold Member
For the old timers on here I'm sure you been following me like I have you!! LOL but this is for anyone struggling

This week I hit 100 pound LOSS (7 stone)

I'm not one to make threads about every pound I lose or start threads in general but felt Reading SO many struggly type threads recently this would coincide quite nicely!

I started last may at 17.9 stone on ss+ never done ss ( I'd have given up!)

Had many rise and falls along the way ( but never blipped ) took breaks for holidays etc and still lost once re started.

Some weeks I'd have spectaular losses up to 6/7 pounds and a
few zero loss weeks!!! Never good for the soul! But with help from this board I kept strong and carried on

9 months on and with a stone left to my own personal goal of 9,7 but I'm taking my time with it and finding my way through
maintaining which I'm enjoying!

Yesterday was also a huge moment as I fitted into 10 jeans...
Skinny ones too LOL it's amazing

When I first started I never believed I would be like the other ladies/gents on here losing huge amounts! I thought it was all a
huge con LOL but it's real

You need to really believe you can do this because if I can ANYONE can!!!!!!

Do have before & after but they in me album which you need more than 50 posts to see :)

Special thanks to marissa xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
You look fantastic - and you are right, the pics are a real inspiration. Well done. :)

Not only does your story inspire but you are a great help to people on here. A few times when i have been ready to,'just eat' you have said something which has made me think twice and ultimately stopped me from doing it.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to fit into size 10 pair of jeans but you look fabulous and it was all down to hard work, well done.

I am going away this weekend but it has been planned for nearly a yr now and i am going to enjoy myself. I was worried that maybe i wouldn't want to get back on track when i get home on sunday but at the min i can't imagine NOT getting back on track. I really want to shift this weight forever and post a success story just like you have, thanks for that!

ah, this is just the kind of post i needed to read today! inspiring stuff leah, and you look totally fab!

well done you are a great inspiration i cant wait to get started its always soo good to hear from someone that has went through it this board is the reason i am starting as i always thought the pics for these kind of diets weren't real but you have all proved that it can be done if you have the will power.
So Thanks
Magz x

You look amazing, what a great inspiration! xx

Thanks a million for this post! It's made be think that I need to be good and keep my goals in mind. It was definitely an inspiration :)

Thank you SO much, this is exactly what I needed today. I thought to myself can I do this, I mean really? Now I think I can and am so jealous of size 10 skinny jeans, that would be a dream come true. Please keep us updated and reminding us :)

Well done you :D X X X

Well this is great!!!!

Im SOOOO pleased this has inspired those who have replied to this thread to keep going!!!

On my time with CD ive wavered soooo many times....wanting to eat the wallpaper off the walls LOL but came on this board to read stories like mine to keep me going!!

There have been many people on here that have helped me SO much with hard times...their stories, advice.... KD is SUPERB!!!!! as is porgeous...... Laura Croft... Rebecca ( :) ) rebecca you have been such a believer in me from when you started bless you!!!! Blingbabe when you are on these boards you are SUCH a good advice giver!!! too many people to mention x

Also wanted to say at times when you feel 'ohhh f**k this diet'..... STOP and take a LONG hard think about YOUR own reason for doing Cambridge...... give yourself MINI rewards or goals.... no matter the cost.... doesnt have to cost the earth.... from a new nail polish.... item of clothing....facial..... body cream...or even a mini break away!! whatever works for you. REWARD yourself..

x

congratulations hun, youve done amazingly well

and size 10 skinny jeans, wow cant even imagine i would ever get one leg in them, lol

Leah, you really are an inspiration!!! Like you I've been on here for a long time now. I couldn't have done it without the help and support I've got from all the lovely people on here.

First time round I managed to lose 78lbs and I could kick myself for letting 30lbs creep back on over the last year. Especially as I promised myself I'd never be fat again. BUT if I'm honest I needed to make that mistake, to see how easily bad habits sneak back in and take over.

This time round losing the weight has been a bit more of a struggle so reading posts like yours Leah, remind me why I'm doing it and that I can do, I can get there again.

Thank you xxx

Thanks for your post, it is really inspiring and I'm sure will help lots of people - you look amazing and have done so well xx

Fantastic!!! :)

Well done on the size 10's hun, you have done so well but you know I already think that. :hug99:

well done leah.. is always lovely to be reminded of our own and other folks success! you have come such a long way you should be so proud. also i dont know how you feel but i feel in general as the months go by i am practically 'maintaining', even though not at goal yet as if i wasnt on CD in this time i would have been gaining not getting smaller. So i think any time on the diet is a great investment whether its a great loss or not. I am a stone off goal and having a slow few weeks as introducing more food. When i find im beating myself up if ive had a bad day I have to remind myself how far I have come.
I know other members will find your post inspirational especially when on the first few days or struggling...i was so envious of people like you who were doing great and were so far down the line and just couldnt wait to be in their shoes! It can be done people! Stick with it. Happy sunday! xx

Back