My SW journey

Wheekers

Am planning on using the diary for general ramblings about my weight loss journey on SW. I joined SW about 10 days ago and a 4.5lb weight loss in week one made me very happy. Week 1 I found good fun, rediscovered how much fun it is to cook with OH so we spent more quality time together and talked more which was lovely.

Made roast vegetable pasta bake yesterday, couldn't find a recipe I liked so made it up as I went along and it turned our great, so am feeling rather proud of myself. Enjoyed it a lot and remembered how much fun I used to have cooking before we fell into the ready meal/processed food and take away habit.

Haven't been as good with my water drinking this week so need to try harder over the next few days.

Week 2 goal: 2lb

An awful day for water intake - forgot to keep my water bottle with me after lunch.

Think the switch from processed rubbish to fruit, veg, beans and pulses has caught up with me over the last day to two. I'm feeling rather bloated, my digestive system isn't happy and I'm feeling rather miserable because of it at the moment.

Weigh in tomorrow and I'm dreading it as I feel like I have put on massive amounts of weight.

However I am still enjoying the cooking and sticking to the plan so I'm not giving up on it.

Weight in - week 2 = -1.5lb bringing total weight loss to 6lbs

Wasn't the 2lb I had set the target for last week but still really happy with it. Still feeling really bloated and icky but have spoken to the Dr today and have got some meds to try to solve the problem. Feeling miserable would normally have me turning to food for comfort but am doing ok, although have used both my hex A and some syns on cheese which is my weakness, but have kept it well within my syns, with low cal hot chocolate to take care of the chocolate craving.

Breakfast was fruit and yogurt again which is fast turning into my normal breakfast and I am really enjoying it - pre slimming world breakfast was often skipped so lunch was then a bit of a hunger fueled binge or was 2 large bowls of some kind of sugar/chocolate coated cereal so really pleased with how I am doing with breakfasts. I have tried overnight oats which were fine but I found a bit too heavy for 1st thing in the morning or using my hex a+b on some shreddies and milk which worked well but I then craved cheese later in the day.

Going out for the day tomorrow so need to resist the draw of our favourite restaurants and the subsequent high syn meal choices. Planning on packing a lunch and snacks to take with us. OH is happy to skip the prezzo/pizza express/nandos trip which I am very grateful for :D

Week 3 goal - 1lb to get my 1/2 stone award

Yay! Managed London without eating out, coffees on the train or buying snacks etc :D

Took Ryvita, Philadelphia tubs and salad to make up for my lunch as I know its really filling and I enjoy it. Also took carrot sticks and fruit in case I needed to snack but didn't end up eating them until the train on the way home. Very enjoyable day out too although we are exhausted now - but rather than picking up the phone for a takeaway as we would have done a few weeks ago, I had already got a meal ready prepared out the freezer, so just need to nuke it and take some salad out of a bag to serve with it.

Rather pleased with the success of my plans to help me stay on plan today, have successfully navigated my first real test since starting SW.

The cravings started today, haven't really had any so far - well at least not ones that couldn't be told to just go away or satisfied by a substitute (pizza toast is just as good as dominos right?!?).

Someone left a packet of chocolate digestives on the table at work, normally that would have meant having 2 with a coffee on my break then popping back to get a third one when I could. I had a nectarine instead and moved them out of my line of sight but I could feel them calling to me so cut my break short. Thought about those biscuits all afternoon but came home with my syns intact as its Friday so its crunchie day :D managed to convince myself that I would much rather have a crunchie that I can make last and enjoy than shove a few biccies down before running back to work. A month ago I would have just eaten both options. Quite pleased with my self control.

Dinner was great today, LM rosemary and onion sausages and syn free chips with grilled tomatos. Really filling and it meant a break from salad cos I'm getting a little bored of salad with everything.

Today was hard work. The draw of emotional eating was huge - a stressful and busy day at work not helped by our normal Saturday routine of having a selection of cakes, crisps and sweets to nibble on during the day.

Tired and stressed at the end of the day meant I did cave in and partake of the goodies. Stuck within my syns though and looked up what of the options was best so only had 4 syns worth of brownie bites.

Pigged out a little with dinner when I got home though :( OH had made spag bol so that we didn't fall into my tired Saturday night trap of calling dominos. I've managed to my portion control pretty well up to tonight when I went back to my old habit of eating too fast and going back for seconds pretty quickly. I loaded my plate with salad as well as the pasta and sauce so stuck to plan with what was on my plate but ate till I was stuffed not just satisfied.

Out tomorrow so packing a lunch again to help me stick to plan. But think next week will be hard as I'm house sitting for a friend, would have relied on ready meals and junk food normally. Going to take some frozen left overs with me to try to help me stay on track.

Am now starting to struggle a bit and finding dieting hard. Have actually been enjoying it up till the last few days but was feeling a bit down about it all yesterday morning. I used to do a lot of impulse buying of cakes and sweets which I am starting to crave again and am feeling a bit miserable about it which, in turn, makes me want to comfort eat cakes even more! I'm starting to realise how little self control I had and how much rubbish I used to eat which is making me feel pretty disgusted with myself :(

However had an OK day yesterday, helped at an event so packed my lunch and resisted the cakes and chips etc on the other stands. I did buy candyfloss though but waited till I got home so that I could weigh what I was eating and that was my syns for the day.

Better day yesterday, not so many cravings so felt happier. Could have gone very wrong yesterday as no plans in place and I was due to start house sitting for a friend straight from work so hadn't got any food with me.

Luckily there is a little tesco close by so grabbed a potato, a bag of salad, beans and light cheese and had a jacket potato. Not the best one ever as I nuked it as I didn't have time to wait for the oven but it meant I stayed on plan. Grabbed a Muller rice to satisfy the sweet treat urge - 9 1/2 syns!!! I did look it up in tesco before I brought it but I used to almost live on them so was a bit shocked at their syn value. Was a nice, reasonably filling, sweet treat though so probably will do it again.

Nice save on the house sitting front whizzing into Tesco!

Hope you have a great day and do as good as you've been doing yesterday =)

Thank you :)

Today has been OK, 1st day flying solo at a job I am due to start properly in September, could have lead to stress eating but coped without eating anything.

Had a 'naughty' wrap for lunch (9 1/2 syns for the wrap) but filled it with my hex A cheese and lots of salad and it was lovely :D

Dinner was a bit odd - I experimented with a recipe just out of my head again and it didn't turn out quite as I was expecting mostly cos I forgot to include the courgette by accident. Wasn't my best ever experiment but it was edible - took some back home to OH when I picked up a few bits I'd forgotten and he seemed to enjoy it.

My sweet treat for today is my hex B as I found choc chip weetabix crispy minis in a proper sized tesco today and I will happily eat them straight out the box if given the chance.

Weigh in tomorrow - goal was 1lb loss to get my 1/2stone award but I would like to see 2lb come off to help reinforce my hard work this week.

Weigh in - week 3 = -4lb bringing total weight loss to 10lb.
Also got my :sw007: and joint slimmer of the week :D

This week has been harder but I have kept on track and the scales have rewarded my effort! Smashed both the 1lb target and my hoped for 2lb so really pleased. 4lb to go till I've gotten rid of my first stone.

Noticing the difference in the fit of some clothes already and my back and hip pain have improved as well.

Was going to celebrate with another Muller rice for my sweet treat but haven't really fancied it it yet as I'm still full from dinner.

Today I have been at work so boredom eating hasn't been an issue today and actually the cravings haven't been too bad either.

Feeling positive for the week ahead now. I didn't want to set my target too high this week as I am having a meal out and the menu is limited. But I'm hoping if I food optimise the rest of the week I will still have a reasonable loss.

Week 4 goal - 2lb

I had free time yesterday which is when things can go wrong and I eat cos I'm bored.

For breakfast I had both. My sweet treat, hex B, crispy minis and some of my milk with some fruit which kept me feeling full for most of the morning and then snacked on nectarines if I still felt hungry after having some water. Kept celery sticks to hand too for the boredom nibbles which worked well.

In to week 4 and I have stuck to plan 100% so far so am really proud of myself. Along with changing the physical stuff I'm also trying to change my mental outlook too, so I'm trying make the effort to see the good stuff I do at the moment as I am normally only focused on what I've done wrong/forgotten/second guessing myself. And actually it helps a bit - I'm not feeling quite as anxious and low as before, and emotional eating is a big thing for me so that in turn helps my diet.

I do like Fridays! Friday means chips and a crunchie :D

Syn free chips, fried egg (in fry light) and grilled tomato for a syn free dinner with a 32g crunchie to follow. Its my once a week chocolate bar treat and that crunchie has, so far lasted me an hour. Last week I made it last 2 hrs!

A bit of a muddle today as I'd prepped the wrong lunch accidentally so no hex B for lunch as planned so had some almonds as my B choice as my snack for my afternoon break instead, but throws out my plan for tomorrow too as I used tomorrows lunch stuff today. Had a minor panic over what I was going to do tomorrow but have worked it out now and am just going to syn the extra Hex B I now have in tomorrows new plan

That's 2 of 3 Saturdays on a row sorted.

Resisted the doritos and cookies (6 1/2 syns for one cookie!!!) and nibbled fruit instead.

Really pleased as I have also, hopefully, found a couple of zumba buddies at work to start to get in some body magic too. Free time at the moment is limited so not looking at starting until September. I used to love zumba but had to stop going as my joints all hurt, but the more weight I lose the less my joints hurt, so hoping to get back to it.

OH brought me a treat, a 4syn chocolate brownie that he found in tesco looking forward to enjoying it later with an options hot chocolate :D

Enjoyed my chocolate fix last night:D needed it after the junk taunting me on the side at work all day!

Today has been an odd one haven't really been overly hungry at all today. Had a small amount if fruit for breakfast, then a trip to tesco/costa with OH to do some shopping (5 syns worth of Costa). A small jacket potato with beans and cheese for lunch and a cheese salad roll for dinner after my classes tonight. But haven't really wanted/needed to snack today so my food diary sheet is looking pretty empty for the day - 4 speed foods (2 portions of all the salad stuff for lunch and dinner), 2 free foods, my hex a+b and my 5 syn coffee.

And it's not like I've been really busy either, sat and watched Minions on Netflix this afternoon but without my normal boredom/film watching snacks.

Hopefully tomorrow doesn't turn into an eat all the things type day just to make up for it.

I forgot to add that I tried on an old pair of size 16 jeans today and I could do them up :D they are a large 16 in comparison to some places, they are slightly stretchy, and I couldn't have worn them comfortably for a day but they still did up which they haven't done for about 6/7 years. So quite happy today which may be why I haven't needed to stuff my face all day long!

Well yesterday went rather wrong. Forgot to take a frozen, ready prepared meal back to where I was house sitting when I popped home Sunday. I'd planned on having the chilli because I knew I was going to be really busy and have no time to cook. Ended up using a ready made pasta sauce and syning it.

It was within my syns but I feel really bad cos its the first time I haven't had something home made. Plus it wasn't even worth the 6 syns taste wise! I used to really like the sauces but since making my own again I much prefer the home made ones. Still loaded up my plate with lots of salad but was rather disappointed with dinner yesterday.

Back home today but out for lunch today, it will be my first time eating out since starting SW have already looked at the menu and made my choice, its not the healthiest option on the menu but its the healthiest option that I can eat as there were rather limited options that would suit me.

A little concerned that the scales won't move or will move in the wrong direction this week due to yesterday and today.

Went out for lunch today as planned - ate till I was full and left the rest. Also got a desert brought out and put in front of me due to a mix up with the ordering.... sat with it there for 5 mins, untouched, while everyone else ate theirs then offered it to everyone else incase anyone wanted seconds :D There was cream and a brandy snap basket both of which I love so pleased with my self control.

Have no clue as to the syns on lunch, a tomato, basil and mozzarella risotto, but I saved my hex A to off set the cheese and pretty much everything else today has been speed foods with almonds to snack on as my hex B. Hoping to minimise the damage done by a cheesy lunch!

Weigh in tomorrow, kinda half excited for it as I was only 4lbs away from my 1st stone which I am hoping to get next week but want to see how close I have gotten this week.

Weigh in - week 4= -3.5lbs bringing total weight loss to 13.5lbs

Really happy when I stepped on the scales and saw the display - being only 1/2lb away from a stone was a little annoying though!

Also got slimmer of the month :D

Today has been OK, didn't feel great this morning, a bit queasy and not hungry so didn't force it and just ate an apple once I felt like I wanted it. Lunch I did a cheese and tomato toastie with a salad which was rather nice and have just heated up left over, of which I left a 1/3rd cos I was full :D

I know that at some point this is going to start getting hard and the weight loss will start to slow down but for now I am really happy with SW and what I have achieved. Have only used 1syn today so celebrating with 35ml of disaronno (4.5syns) - my first alcoholic drink since starting on the plan!

Week 5 target - 0.5lbs (I want that pretty, shiny sticker!!)

Another day where I wasn't really hungry. Brought some HiFi bars to try yesterday, tried the coffee ones as my hex b and my sweet treat today, they are sooo good!!!

But apart from that I basically ate fruit most of the day with a couple of babybels thrown in for my hex A as I didn't really want anything else. Ate a nice dinner though (eggs, new potatoes and salad with dressing) but am now stuffed.

Have been feeling really tires and run down today and didn't sleep well last night. Normally if I'm tired I turn to convenience food as I can't be bothered to cook but I've been cooking most of the day and filled the freezer with home made sauces for when we are short of time. Planning on an early night tonight and hopefully will feel better tomorrow.

Back