My SW journey

I'm glad that you have got some support and help after a tough few weeks. Just make sure you put yourself first and look after yourself.

You have still lost an incredible amount and no doubt will get to your target in good time.

Thanks @Charlie86 .

I'm currently using today's planned chocolate syns on honey to go in lemon and ginger tea as I've woken up with a sore throat, stuffy nose, ear ache and a headache so think I have the cold doing the rounds at work. Am supposed to be at uni this weekend so that should be fun if I'm still not feeling well.

The bonus of doing SW is that my immune system has been much better with a more balanced diet so I've not had as many colds. I had been picking up every bug going before so hoping that this one doesn't last as long or get as bad as other people have had it.

Not going to weigh in tonight after work as I have another appointment that I need to be at so hoping to pop into a group tomorrow morning instead.

Last edited:
Thanks @Jenny_b I am feeling much better now.

Well it's been a hectic few weeks, seems like half our family is ill or in hospital so has been quite stressful. Add in a job and a degree as well as the extra Christmas stress and I'm surprised I'm not sitting rocking in a corner somewhere! There have been a few tears and a few moments of weakness (and cake) but overall from a weight loss point it's not going too badly and I managed to get my :sw042: recently :D.

Mental health wise the antidepressants have kicked in and am feeling much more level and able to cope. Have done the work Xmas parties for both my jobs this weekend so will be an interesting weigh in on Wednesday. Hoping for a maintain but expecting a gain, just hopefully not a big one.

:woohoo:half a pound lost - which brings me into the 10st somethings! :D

Very pleased with that after an awful week food wise with Christmas parties and having to eat out another night due to having no power.

Hoping for a maintain next week and expecting a gain the following week as we are with family so not in control of the food cooked.

Well done, that's great. Getting into the 10 stone bracket is an amazing achievement, I'd love to get there. A maintain or a small gain would be great over a really hard period for all of us!

Thanks, I was really excited and it has given me the kick up the backside to work hard to stay on plan as much as possible this week as I don't really want to slide back into the 11 stones if I can avoid it.

Next week I will slide back most likely as we are with family so can't control the food but it's nice while it lasts.

Thinking about dropping my target by another half a stone at the moment but am putting off making the change until I'm closer to target as I think it will take me another few months yet anyway and I want to see how much difference the last stone makes to my body. My other idea was to keep my target as is and maintain it for a few months before setting a new target but I kind of feel like while I am in the weight loss mindset I can keep on with it more easily.

My Christmas day plan

SW butternut squash soup - free including lots of speed

LM rosemary sausages - free
SW roast potatoes with frylight - free
Broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots - speed :D
Roast parsnips in frylight -free
Brussel sprouts - free
Sage and onion stuffing (50g) - 2.5 syns
Cranberry sauce (1 tbsp) - 2syns
Yorkshire pudding - 2.5 syns

Lidl mini mince pie -4 syns
Light squirty cream (3tbsp) - 1syn

Christmas dinner total = 12 syns

There is some stuff I am skipping this year as I like it too much in its full fat/sugar version to want to compromise, weigh or measure ( Xmas pud and brandy cream!). Am allowing myself 30syns on Christmas day as I will want a glass of wine or two as well and may dip into the chocolate stash. Saving my healthy extras for the evening nibbles and having fruit for breakfast. Hopefully having a plan will help to protect my weight loss for this week.

Woohoo! Only 0.5lb gained :D

I'm really pleased with that as I wasn't as good as I could have been and I did flexi syn Christmas and had my full 15 syns on other days so I didn't even attempt to claw back some of extra syns from the flexi day. It means I'm sitting back on the 11st but I'm ok with that. Hoping for no more than 3lb gain next week but we shall see what this week brings as I have little control over the food now and I shall be having a drink or two for new year. Whatever the first weigh in of 2018 brings I will still weigh less than I did at the start of 2017 and I am happier and in less pain than I was a year ago too so I am going to focus on that and not a couple of weeks of gains. I know how to lose it again now without starving myself or feeling like I am missing out on life so the odd gain is ok.

Last edited:
First weigh in of the new year tonight.

No matter what the scales say it's ok. I tried on a ball gown while at my mum's between Christmas and New year. It hasn't fitted for years and I last wore it aged 18 (so 13ish years ago) it's now slightly too big! Have also reclaimed my old leather jacket, some jeans and a dress from my pile of old clothes that were too small that I left at Mums when I moved out ages 21. Also gained a pair of boots I love that were supposed to be a present a few years ago for an ex of my brother's but that I couldn't get my fat calves into last time I tried them on. I have nothing to wear with the boots at the moment but I love them so I took them anyway!

1lb gained. I'm very happy with that as knowing what I shoveled in over the last week I was expecting much, much more. All together only 1.5 lbs gained over the last 2 weeks which I'm really proud of. I realised today that it has become habit now to reach for the speed free foods in greater quantities which is the only thing I can think of to explain the smaller gain than I was expecting this week- I didn't just eat cake and chocolate but I also ate lots of pears, apples and satsumas as well and I also (mostly) had smaller portions than I would have done last year knowing that what I put on my plate would leave me satisfied but not stuffed.

Back on plan 100% now for the next week, I have a uni weekend in 10 days so will have another gain but hoping to get a good loss this week. Planning on resurrecting my food diary to keep me on track this week.

That's not bad at all Wheekers? I can put that much on in a day.

I hope you have a good week.

That's not bad at all Wheekers? I can put that much on in a day.

I hope you have a good week.

Thanks, I'm really pleased with my post Christmas weigh in :)

Was hard getting back on it yesterday though, found it very hard to resist the chocolate biscuits having got the taste for them again over Christmas, ended up having 14.5 syns yesterday all unplanned. I normally avoid them as I know they are a trigger and once I start I can't stop. Will be glad when all the Christmas stuff at work has been eaten and it isn't there to tempt me anymore.

Back