Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

My thoughts after losing 3lbs. in my first 3 days on SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kaimana, 4 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Kaimana

Kaimana Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So I've been doing SW for 3 days now and, despite my rough start (I've been so busy and I haven't been able to track what I'm eating much less make sure I get all the food that I need to eat in), I'm surprised that I've already lost 3lbs.

Honestly, I didn't realize how little ate before starting SW. I would let myself go hungry for hours without realizing that my body needed fuel. And, when I did eat, I didn't put a lot of thought into exactly what I was eating.

Recently, there was a law passed that requires California fast food restaurants to display calorie counts for all their menu items (You can read about it here:California chain restaurants to display calorie counts - Telegraph.) Before SW, I used to go to this amazing (tasting, not for you) burger restaurant, In-N-Out. They're considered the best restaurant for burgers on the West Coast. So I'm with my friend today and she's like, "I totally feel like some In-N-Out." I was feeling strong so I said, "Sure." We went and I saw the calories in my favorite burger; 670. All I could think was, "You know how much good-for-me food I could eat for 670 calories?" Couple this with I used to get (not everyday, but definitely 2-3 times a month) a 590 calorie side of fries and a 690 calorie vanilla shake in addition to that burger. 1850 calories worth of bad-for-me food in one sitting. I can't believe I did that and definitely was not going to do it again. Instead, I held out for two veggie spring rolls (not the fried ones - it was rice paper filled with had vermicelli, fresh mint, carrot, cilantro, yam, & tofu) from a Vietnamese restaurant across the street and felt like I got way more nutritional value for the calories I consumed.

I'm loving Slim World soooo much. I totally didn't think that I would loose 3lbs in 3 days. I definitely didn't expect to be eating this much. I think the best part are the syns. I don't eat sugar throughout the day because I know that I'm saving up for something I really want. To know that I've eaten suuuuper well all day and to be able to reward myself each night with a scoop of ice cream, or a slice of apple pie, or a few sea salt & vinegar potato chips (you guys call them crisps, I think) makes me enjoy my treats so much more.

SW rocks, but I wish, wish, wish we had SW meetings here. If I get good at this, I may have to convince SW to let me start them.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done on your achievement x sw doesnt really feel like a diet its more of a way of life and much healthier one x

4. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
  5. pink123

pink123 Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(10.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast/tesco
    Well done on your loss, try not to weigh yourself too often though!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.