My tongue is sick!!!

slimangel

Hi everyone I am into day 4 nearly 5 of CD and although I feel I have got over the worst and feel pritty good i.e no emotional meltdowns!! I seem to have an unwell tongue! :sign0137:

Symptoms : it feels furry and white and is showing marks of my teeth around the side. I've been told that the taste of aluminium is ketosis but I read somewhere it is QI deficiency????

has anyone experienced the same problem? if so what can I do to sort it (apart from eat, as I am on a mission!!!)

oh and while i'm here is it true that you can have coke zero? dying for ginger (scots term for fizzy juice).!x

Hi Donna

You could be a bit dehydrated. When you are not eating normal food you are missing the water that it contains so although you could be drinking tons, sometimes your body needs more.
As far as Coke Zero, I LURVE it! I have tried to limit myself to 2 cans a day but it's so hard. It certainly has no citric acid in it so I too would be interested if you can have it freely.
Keep up the good work x

P.S Ye canne beat a cauld drink o' ginger!

Sounds like good old ketosis to me!

I still have that problem and I started Week 19 today!

I drink over 3L of water per day so dehydration isn't the problem for me.

Unfortunately the manky mouth and the death breath go hand-in-hand with CD for most people!

Coke Zero: Yeah, as above, try to limit it coz it's good for your system to help keep down that nasty stuff, make sure to check any diet drinks for citric acid (Coke Zero doesn't contain it, but some Zeros & Diets do). Some people are fine with it whereas some find it makes them feel hungry or kicks them out of ketosis.
I sometimes get a bit of a furry tongue too: if it really bothers you then I think you can use mouthwash in moderation and I'm sure some mouthsprays are allowed as much as you need as they don't take you out of ketosis (are you sensing a theme here? LOL) I believe Retardex is one; there may be others.
Happy CD'ing!

Back