My Update...taking it a bit more slowly...

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Well...

I have discovered that both physically and mentally, I just cannot do SS/SS+ any more. I managed it for several months last year, but this year my mind and body are both rejecting the idea of living on so few calories per day.

I managed 8 days of sole source. By that point I was feeling utterly miserable, snapping at everyone, and generally was not a very nice person to be around at all. Physically I was exhausted, my whole body ached, I was getting cramps in my legs every night so wasnt sleeping, I felt sick, had indigestion as well as a really upset stomach.

I ate on sunday, ending my run of Sole Source. I then spent monday and tuesday feeling like a total and utter failure. Not helped by the fact I failed to get back on to Sole Source, partly because the whole idea of it was making me feel physically ill and utterly miserable.

Yesterday I had a long chat with my sister (she is my CDC) and my other half, who is also doing Cambridge. I have come to the conclusion that Sole Source just is not the right diet for me. It is just too restrictive and i cannot cope with that again.

So today I have started on the 1000kcal plan, and I am feeling really good about it. I am going to follow it carefully, however I have decided that I am not going to beat myself up about it if I have a few extra calories once in a while (and no i dont mean every day, I mean once every now and then).

I have done myself a meal plan for the next week, I have been shopping and got everything that I need to support this, and I am feeling happy and confident about this.

I have worked out that pre-diet I must have been consuming 4000kcals a day plus of absolute junk, therefore by cutting down to 1000kcals of sensible healthy eating as per the Cambridge Plan, how can I not lose weight?

I know it will take a little bit longer for the weight to come off, but you know what? As long as I start the 1st of each month weighing less than I did on the 1st of the precceeding month, then I know I am still going in the right direction :D

So thats it, the new relaxed me. And you know what? it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Not expecting miracles from this weeks weigh in though - have my fingers crossed for an STS but am expecting a gain to be honest.

This sounds like a great plan!! I'm doing 1000 at the moment after losing 5 n half stone and am staying still at the mo. I did put on a couple of lbs when i moved up to 1000 but i have decdied that i am going to go by how my clothes feel and how i feel in myself. If i fluctuate with a few pounds i am NOT going to become obsessed as this has bad effects on my eating demons and i know i will be back to eating crap!

I feel so much better now losing the weight and would not want to go back to how i used to feel.

Good luck with the next step in your weight loss journey and you will loose on the 1000 plan and so what if it takes a bit longer - its not a race and whatever you feel most comfortable with hun!! SS is not for everyone - its sooooo damned hard. i was a proper she-***** for the 1st week how my hubby did not push a big fat pork pie in my mouth to shut me up, i'll never know!LOL

Keep us posted. xx

hey Cazza, it's important that YOU are happy with the plan you choose and like Ruth says SS isn't for everyone... (up until very recently it wasn't for me either, so I totally understand where you're coming from)

Weight loss on the higher plans is a little slower, but it's a lot more forgiving if you have a little overindulgence once in a while. So actually, for most people it's the best way to lose weight.

Good on ya for recognising the problem and taking positive steps to resolve it! I'm sure you'll be reporting losses very soon... (make sure you do, I think that more people need to see that it is possible to be successful on a higher plan!!)

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

Best of luck with your new relaxed plan!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

I'm sure SS and SS+ isn't for everyone. Look how many of us struggle to stay 100% on it. You have to REALLY be in the ZONE. After my weigh in on Friday I will only have about 14lbs to lose and am going to move up the plans fairly quickly as I want to lose the last 10lbs or so on the 1000 plan as this is going to be the hard part (controlling what I eat when I am eating).

I wish you the best of luck and please do let us know how you get on with it xx

Back