My Vegetarian Diet

Grrrr....
My mother invited me over for a veggie sunday dinner yesterday and somehow i ended up with fish! After much guilt, Oli said that it would be wrong to let it go to waste (?) so i ate a little...I'm glad i did cos it reminded me how much I don't like most fish. I like salmon and tuna but thats about it.....

Anyhoo, for brekkie I had an apple, wasn't feeling the breakfast vibe :D

Lunch was a teeny weeny salad consisting of tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and some balsamic vinegar avec a sprinkling of seeds. Had a yoghurt with frozen blueberries to top me up then.

So, evening meal was fish, new potatoes, and broccoli (yum) with my mamas homemade white sauce (don't know how she makes it).

My lovely auntie dropped over a veggie meal card set which is divided into starters, mains, soups and deserts so will be sharing these soon :) She also gave me a whole basketful of salady things straight from her garden - THE BIGGEST CUCUMBER IN THE WORLD!! *thumbs up and cheesy grin*

xxxx

Yesterday was a disaster - not on the veggie front but on the eating front. I just couldn't be bothered! It's startling how my eating habits depend entirely on my mood.

I skipped brekkie *SMACKED BUM*

For lunch i had a pitta bread, on its own....ROFL

Dinner, i decided to get my act together. I cut up an aubergine, 2 red peppers, 2 courgettes, 2 onions and stir fryed them using some marigold boullion (I've properly stayed away from oil). Meanwhile i whisked 2 eggs, at the very end when the veg had cooked I added the eggs, blasted the heat for 4 mins and was left with a wok of egg covered veg - sounds gross but was SO nice. My 3 housemates had the mix with some chicken and rice, I just had the rice but added Tzatziki straight from the fridge - was delish!

Alternative to Tzatziki is just plain old sour cream or greek yoghurt, but it was so yum having the creamy sauce with the rice and the tasty veg.

Still not weighed myself, but i feel better :)

Also, I know this thread has been viewed a lot and not many posted, but I want to post these here so that those who are interested can know. Below is a list of companies that test on animals:

Bic Corporation

Church & Dwight - Aim, Arm & Hammer, Arrid, Close-up, Kaboom, Mentadent, Nair, Oxi Clean, Pearl Drops

Clairol - Balsam, Nice ‘n Easy, Natural Instincts, Herbal Essences, Hydrience

Palmolive Co.

Cover Girl

Dial Corporation Dry Idea, Purex, Renuzit, Right Guard, Soft & Dri

Johnson & Johnson Aveeno, Clean & Clear, Listerine, Lubriderm, Neutrogena, Rembrandt, ROC

L'Oreal USA Biotherm, Garnier, Giorgio Armani, Lancôme, Maybelline, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Soft Sheen,

Platex Products Brands: Banana Boat, Playtex Tampons, Hawaiian Tropic, Wet Ones

Procter & Gamble Always, Aussie, Cover Girl, Crest, Downey, Eukanuba, Febreze, Head & Shoulders, Iams, Max Factor, Mr. Clean, Olay, Pampers, Pantene,

Reckitt Benckiser Easy Off, Lysol, Resolve, Spray ’N Wash, Veet, Woolite

S.C. Johnson Drano, Edge, Fantastik, Glade, Off, Pledge, Raid, Scrubbing Bubbles, Shout, Skintimate, Windex, Ziploc

Schering-Plough Bain de Soleil, Coppertone, Dr. Scholl’s

Unilever Axe, Dove, Lux, Ponds, Signal, Close-Up, Sunsilk, Vaseline

Okay...so me thinks you need more protein.

I believe that you should have about 30% of your cals from protein (general recommendations from UK sources). So for me that's approx 90g (give or take a bit).

Get yourself some quinoa. It's a complete protein. Very natural and healthy stuff and way more preferable to quorn which is a very processed food and all that.

Grrrr....
My mother invited me over for a veggie sunday dinner yesterday and somehow i ended up with fish! After much guilt, Oli said that it would be wrong to let it go to waste (?) so i ate a little...I'm glad i did cos it reminded me how much I don't like most fish. I like salmon and tuna but thats about it.....

Anyhoo, for brekkie I had an apple, wasn't feeling the breakfast vibe :D

Lunch was a teeny weeny salad consisting of tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and some balsamic vinegar avec a sprinkling of seeds. Had a yoghurt with frozen blueberries to top me up then.

So, evening meal was fish, new potatoes, and broccoli (yum) with my mamas homemade white sauce (don't know how she makes it).

My lovely auntie dropped over a veggie meal card set which is divided into starters, mains, soups and deserts so will be sharing these soon :) She also gave me a whole basketful of salady things straight from her garden - THE BIGGEST CUCUMBER IN THE WORLD!! *thumbs up and cheesy grin*

xxxx

If you like Indian, I am sure I have an Indian Veggie Curry cook book gathering dust somewhere xx

Good luck with the pescatarianism. :)

Yes, good luck being a pescatarian. It's a great step for some towards being a vegetarian but you may feel it is just right for you to give up meat but to continue eating fish. At least you aren't calling yourself a vegetarian which does cause a lot of discontent. Make sure you eat plenty of protein - do you like beans? I'm vegetarian and I love it!! There is so much food you can eat and variety, and meals can be unbelievably tasty and healthy at the same time. :)

Back