My Wedding is April 2012...That's ages to lose weight, isn't it??

vixter

That's what I thought 7 months ago when I got engaged, I had just over 2 years to my big day and well, the man I loved had just proposed to me hadn't he so he must love me the way I am...

True, he does but I don't love myself.

2 months later I bit the bullet and joined Slimming World. Almost 5 months on I am 2 st 10 lbs lighter, and I know that if I buckled down and focused without all the cheats and excuses I can be doing better.

So I now have 17 months til my wedding, I weigh 18 st 11 lbs :eek: and am in the region of a size 24/26 - I have no idea what realistic target I should be looking at bearing in mind I'll be buying the dress less than a year from now....

I thought I'd start this wee diary in the hope it will help me stay serious :eek:

Last edited:
Best of luck Vixter!!!
I'm also getting married in 2012! Hope to see you on this forum!!

vixter said:
That's what I thought 7 months ago when I got engaged, I had just over 2 years to my big day and well, the man I loved had just proposed to me hadn't he so he must love me the way I am...

True, he does but I don't love myself.

2 months later I bit the bullet and joined Slimming World. Almost 5 months on I am 2 st 10 lbs lighter, and I know that if I buckled down and focused without all the cheats and excuses I can be doing better.

So I now have 17 months til my wedding, I weigh 18 st 11 lbs :eek: and am in the region of a size 24/26 - I have no idea what realistic target I should be looking at bearing in mind I'll be buying the dress less than a year from now....

I thought I'd start this wee diary in the hope it will help me stay serious :eek:

Aw naw....had a chinese for tea. Feeling ooooh sooo guilty. :(
Weigh in tomorow too....
xx

Wow! Well done so far!!! That's amazing progress!

I too got engaged over 2 years before my wedding, wish I'd started losing weight longer ago, as I now have 3 stone to shift and less than 5 months until the big day!!

Keep it up! We'll be here to cheer you on!

Aw thanks cupcake, I must admit it was my mum that dragged me to SW, I was kinda at the stage where I didn't mind what weight I was. Really glad she did but I'll never admit that to her... lol

xx

OMG weigh-in in 3 hours!!! :( I can't get over seeing that +3lbs on the wii fit last night, I don't think theres any way to come back from that!!

All I have had today was 2 oranges and 2 kiwis though...and I will not be having anything else til after 7:30!!
:)
xxx

You'll be fine. I couldn't cope al day with just a bit of fruit! You deserve a big tasty dinner after SW!

Let us know how the WI goes! Xxx

Aw it was ok I guess, I put on 1lb, my first ever gain, but I deserved it!! Lol. Never mind at least that is it out the road now, I hve been dreading gaining for 5 months!!!

xxx

And as far as gains go it's a good one! I'm sure you can lose it and a bit more in time for the next one!

Well my plan of action for the next 2 days is to be Super-Good!!
On Friday I am heading off down to my Grans, now my Gran's favourite pastime seems to be feeding people up and then commenting on how much weight they need to lose lol.
My mum will be coming too tho, and she assures me that she will set Gran straight on the food front, and has told her not to bother buying anything in on account of our diet (Mum, Dad and my OH are all doing SW too).

Hoping to get lots of exciting wedding talk in and planning to go to some crafty warehouse place and look at ribbons and bows and foam roses. Really excited!!! Will try to be quite good while away, but not perfect. Will be home on Tuesday night but not in time for Weigh-In, so have booked a holiday for that night.

Then I have the whoooole of the next week to get myself a really super dooper loss before my next weigh-in!!

Oh and next time I'm down south at my grans I'm hoping to have shrunk down to a size where a bridal store may even have my size in stock to try one!! eeek :D
Fingers Crossed!!!!!

xxx

Hi, was thinking with your goal... I'm around your height and I'm 190lb and I'm a size 14/16 if that helps with planning a goal- that's if you want to be around a size 14/16!!:)

Hey thanks Kimsulyn! Do you know, I'd love to be a 14/16 on my wedding day. Being that size would make such a difference to me.

Thanks for sharing that with me!
:D
xxx

Last edited:
Well what a bad girl I am, have been away since Friday morning, and right off the diet! Was supposed to have weighed in last night, but had taken a holiday as I wasn't sure when I would be back. Lucky I did I think!!
So, its a new week, not sure what damage has been done. Maybe I
should get on the wii fit and check....am gonna have a bash at eating fish every day, supposed to get good results so I've heard. Might be the damage limitation I need! :D

xx

OK so I started late in the day, but here's fishweek day 1.

Dinner:
2 Small Salmon Fillet
1/2 small can of sweetcorn
4 Ryvita Original Crackerbread

Thats me for the day, tomoro and every day this week I plan to have fish at lunch as well as dinner (with my standard 1/2 grapefruit for brekkie and another 1/2 with lunch)

xx

Hi Vixter, hows it going?
Well done on your weight loss so far.
I think you have loads of time to lose weight, so don't worry!
I've not been to slimming world but i've heard its really good.
Eating fish is great, I cook mine in the microwave with mixed herbs and chilli flakes.
What sort of wedding have you arranged??
I look forward to reading your updates xx

OMG I just wrote a really long response all about my wedding and I got thrown out and lost it!! argh!! will come back to that soon when I have more time!

Fish week's not going too bad, well, I have been bad and had more syns than I should. :(
I did manage to have fish every day though, as long as prawns and mussels count. I also had some rainbow trout, salmon fillets, smoked salmon fillets and smoked salmon. I need to try different fish next time I think, you'd think coming from the north coast I'd have managed to try a few different ones!
Must check out the fish market sometime.

Weigh in not long away, but I dont have high hopes, I mean on Sunday on the Wii Fit I was 1lb up!! That is not good.
We ended up going to the indian for their lunch deal on Saturday, which was gorgeous, and I stuck to my plan - I had prawn masala so I got the prawns in me, Shame abotu the masala sauce and the chicken pakora haah!
will I never learn?!
I hope I will learn, in fact I'm hoping that I have already learned my lesson this time. I have breezed through the last 5 months of dieting - after the first 2 weeks I realised that I could afford to have a few cheats a week and still somehow lose weight!
I think I got to thinking that I was invincible hehe.
I have however hit that wall, I can't afford any cheats anymore I dont think....which is a real shame cos I still have about 8 stone to lose :(...

xx

Well I'm back after putting on 1/2 a lb and I'm raring to go again!!
Fish week was a disaster of minor proportions, but I don't blame the fish, I know it was me.

I have done the most important thing I think and made a meal plan for the week (and none of it involves fish!)

I'm hoping to get a nice loss next week because my meal plans looking really good! Just gotta stay away from the snacking.

I believe this meal plan will make a difference because I have taken the time to think about what I am doing each night, how long I have to prepare the meal (I'm very often rushing out again an hour after I get home from work) and therefore have chosen an appropriate meal to suit my timescale. It can be so hard to throw something together at the last minute when you're in a rush, and that's when I end up saying 'Iain do you just want to go to the chinese? Crispy duck can't be that fattening....'

All the meals I have chosen are syn free or include very low syns (eg a drop of gravy with the roast etc)

I'll be sure to keep checkin' in and updating!
xx

Last edited:
The Mince and Tatties I made tonight was delicious, I gave myself a right plateful and couldn't finish it lol.
Haven't managed to have any hexa or hexb today yet, and I never got my hexb yesterday either. I've never really been one for making sure I get those though, and it's worked so far but I know I should be including them to maximise my chances for loss.
Might have some wee crackerbreads and cheese at supper time. I'm sure fiance will volunteer to polish off the mince that's leftover anyway.

My breakfast and lunch remains the same every day btw, very boring but I swear by it.
1/2 a grapefruit for brekkie
1/2 grapefruit followed by 2 pieces of fruit (usually kiwis, but occasionally bananas for a change)

seem to have gone off the muller lights lately but I'm sure I'll get back into them someday.

Also I intend to start drinking more water and less diet Irn Bru.
At least it's diet soft drinks tho, I have never really been tempted to go full fat so far.

xx

I'm feeling super dooper today, I have been soooo good this week (ie since Wednesday morning lol) that I think I must have lost lots of weight already.
Chicken Drumsticks, SW Roasters, baby corn and a drop of bisto on the menu tonight. yum yum.
The small worry of eating and drinking when I go round to my friends for a girly night tonight has also been relieved. I promised her I'd have a few drinks but lucky for me she has decided not to drink tonight after all (she has work tomoro) Yay! Och she would never put any pressure on me to drink, it was all me cos her hubby's away with work and she's all alone with the bairn so I wanted to cheer her up. So it will be an alcohol free evening, plus I have decided to try a wee drop of low fat creme fraiche with garlic seasoning along with some carrot sticks. I have a good feeling that that could be a light and tasty alternative to (my very fave and my weakness) crisps and dip in front of the telly.

I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night!

I think I'm gonna jump on the wii fit when I get home and check out the progress hehe

xx

Back