My Weekly Hurdle

darkd1eter

So I am going back on Weight Watchers & doing it on my own.

Apart from the standard issues of chocolate & evening grazing, I have a weekly hurdle - family lunch with the parents.

Mum says she'd like to lose weight & it"d be good if we could support each other. However she does things like the full Sunday roast including Yorkshire puds & a chocolate dessert for the meal.

How do I get her onboard so I dont keep having to do extra exercise or use my weekly points just to cover Sunday lunch?

Instead of cutting out the Sunday Lunch altogether, how about encouraging her to cook it differently? Example is i now roast my potatoes using a few sprays of frylight over them rather than smothering them with oil and they still taste good. Cut the fat or skin off before cooking or at the least, take it off your own portion. Make sure your mum cooks lots of veg to fill your plate with and how about offering to bring a pudding or make a WW friendly one? You could take your own pudding and have it while they have the normal one. I love the WW frozen puddings and they don't taste like diet food at all! If you have a starter, a veg soup with zero points would go down a treat :)

Hope some of this can help :) Good luck!

Back