My weight loss and confidence gain journey

Hi Obs, I am planning to go back to SS after my weekend away this weekend. I am hoping that I can do another 10lbs by my birthday in June before my next weekend away. After that I will do another week of SS to recover from my birthday weekend. So hoping to be at goal by end of June then move to step 3. Maintain at step 3 for a month or two then step 4 and onwards.

I have been doing step 2 at points throughout my journey anyway having perhaps 1 or 2 step 2 meals per week. I feel that has helped me stay on track. Rather than have a complete blow out, I would have some chicken and veg. I could probably have lost another half lb per week if I has skipped the odd meal, but it's not been a big deal for me.

That's the plan at the moment, but I will see how it goes. Life and your body sometimes get in the way.

You've done wonderfully Julie. And yes, you're right. Better to do it at one's own pace. The extra half lb per week really isn't a big deal in the long run. And look at where you're are now!

When's your birthday? I have so many June birthdays. :)

Missed you Obs sorry I have has a break honey I'm so glad everyone is still here xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Welcome back from your break Mel. And now that we're all here, let's get on with it. Back on track. :)

The what ifs

I try not to let the what ifs get me down in life. Regret is a path best not taken. It's easy to give in to it. What if I had taken that job? What if I had dated that guy? Or what if I had not broken up with the other guy? What if I had moved cities? The list is never ending. The what ifs and if onlys stop us from moving forward. And I seldom indulge in it. Today is one of those days I seem to be giving in to it. This time it's about the diet.
While I have been happy about how easy it has been this time around, I assumed the weight loss would also be easy. But my weight seems to be moving even slower than the last time. In fact I have put on 0.5 lbs since yesterday. It's probably just a fluctuation, but it made me nervous. Things never seem to work as well the second time as they do the first time around. So what if the diet doesn't work for me this time? What if my weight is stuck and I am forever destined to be a fat girl. I really want to get down to 145 lbs, and at my current 170 lbs that just seems a lot of weight to lose.
I know I have to keep at it and be positive. But guys, what if I don't lose any more weight?

You only have to stick to it til bedtime that's it simples.. Then tomorrow so the same. The rest will follow have faith xx

Sending out an SOS. Sending out an SOS.

Hi guys! This thread looks increds so I'm joining in. I feel like this is group therapy.
I'm one of three sisters and I'm the fat one. I've been up and I've been down and I've done so well then let it all go and I'm always going to start on Monday. "Il start on Monday" should be on my headstone when I snuff it. Ive had a few things go on earlier in the year and I've literally eaten myself into oblivion. I'm a restarter on Cambridge so I'd appreciate the support from you girls. I've lost 3st on Cambridge before and I need up do it again. By July. I'm at a wedding and if I go looking like the hog roast I fear folk will get confused And will try and eat me. I'm another case of " if only her body matched her face" I feel my 20s slipping away and I've never even worn a bikini. It's tragic but I'm no longer looking back. Just forward so!!! I'm on a Hen do for said July wedding this weekend then BOOM. I'm doing it. This has to happen because I just don't have the months to waste. A few months sacrifice. A few months sacrifice. Repeat 10x. I'm getting over myself. It's not that bigger deal. I OWE this to the bikini wearing, beach frolicking girl inside of me. I will be thin. I will.
So yeah tough love. Please! :)

You've done wonderfully Julie. And yes, you're right. Better to do it at one's own pace. The extra half lb per week really isn't a big deal in the long run. And look at where you're are now! When's your birthday? I have so many June birthdays. :)

It's 22nd June and I'm off to London to celebrate that weekend! Can't wait!

You only have to stick to it til bedtime that's it simples.. Then tomorrow so the same. The rest will follow have faith xx

You're absolutely right my darling Mel. I hope you are practising what you preach. xo

Hi guys! This thread looks increds so I'm joining in. I feel like this is group therapy.
I'm one of three sisters and I'm the fat one. I've been up and I've been down and I've done so well then let it all go and I'm always going to start on Monday. "Il start on Monday" should be on my headstone when I snuff it. Ive had a few things go on earlier in the year and I've literally eaten myself into oblivion. I'm a restarter on Cambridge so I'd appreciate the support from you girls. I've lost 3st on Cambridge before and I need up do it again. By July.  I'm at a wedding and if I go looking like the hog roast I fear folk will get confused And will try and eat me. I'm another case of " if only her body matched her face" I feel my 20s slipping away and I've never even worn a bikini. It's tragic but I'm no longer looking back. Just forward so!!! I'm on a Hen do for said July wedding this weekend then BOOM. I'm doing it. This has to happen because I just don't have the months to waste. A few months sacrifice. A few months sacrifice. Repeat 10x. I'm getting over myself. It's not that bigger deal. I OWE this to the bikini wearing, beach frolicking girl inside of me. I will be thin. I will.
So yeah tough love. Please! :)

Welcome Jozzie. This really is an amazing place and you get a lot of support - the gentle kind as well as the tough love. I totally get the 'if only her body matched her face'. Heard it (or could sense it in people's eyes) all my life. And it's great that you want to take control of your life. I wish I were that determined in my 20s. I have missed out on many years of wearing all the clothes that I wish I could have worn. But better late than ever. You will be thin, if you really want to be. You really have to want it. So enjoy this weekend, and start on Monday. This Monday, no excuses. See you around. :)

It's 22nd June and I'm off to London to celebrate that weekend! Can't wait!

About a month away. And you will have definitely achieved your 10s 7 lb target (I know you want to go lower but still!). Go buy yourself a gorgeous dress. Splurge! You so deserve it, my fellow-good clothes loving- friend. xo

Restart Week # 1 Weigh-in

My weight today is 76.4 kgs (168 lbs). Just above 12 stones. And now in my 160s (in lbs). Total weight loss this week was 1.6 kgs (3.52 lbs). I had thought I would lose a little more in the first week, considering some of it must be glycogen weight and water weight, but I'll take it. Every pound is hard work, and I am one step closer to my goal.

I was discussing my diet with a relative (Warning and lesson learnt: Never ever discuss your weight or diet with relatives!). And she tells me that considering the amount of money I am shelling out for this diet, it better work. She completely discounted my effort! Just because the diet is relatively expensive, does not mean that it is easy. It does not mean that I am not working bloody hard at it. Every meal I don't have, every time I don't go out for dinner with my friends, every working lunch that I avoid and every drink I don't have when I am out with my friends - I am working bloody hard. Temptation is everywhere and it is not the money that keeps me from it. It is me. It is my determination and resolve. And I think sometimes we forget it. We forget how strong we are. And we forget that we have made this choice because of who we are and who we want to become. We are empowered. And no one can take this away from us. And we will get there, not because we are paying a lot of money, but because we are driven. No more discussing the diet with relatives, thank you very much.

Here I go again. More than two years later. And all the weight has crept up again. As much as I'd like to make excuses (and I sure have many - I've had a really bad two years), I am here to accept that I messed up. I know better. And I still ate my weight back. Now I am heavier than I have ever been. Today morning I weighed in at 90.1 kgs (198.2 lbs). That's insane! I have to lose almost 50 lbs so I have a long long way to go. So here I go again. I had made some good friends the last time around and I hope to make some more this time as well. I hope I make new friends (which would mean my old friends reached their goal weight, maintained it and don't have a reason to be back here).
Started Cambridge diet today. Trying to quit smoking at the same time. Not a good idea! But my counselor says that smoking inhibits weight loss. Anyone else facing the same problem? Smoked 4 cigs till now. I usually have at least a pack (20 cigs). Hopefully will stop at 5 today. I really do want to quit. Not just for weight loss but for better health.
Will be posting here regularly. Maybe everyday. Minimins was my constant friend last time around, and I am confident I can do this again.

Hi Obs,

Good to see you're back, I've just been reading back stories and I just wanted to say hi and I'm in your circle. Every pound lost is a pound closer to our goals.

I'm convinced we will all be here for each other xxxx

Hi Obs,

Good to see you're back, I've just been reading back stories and I just wanted to say hi and I'm in your circle. Every pound lost is a pound closer to our goals.

I'm convinced we will all be here for each other xxxx

Welcome summerchic. Yes, we are here for each other and I am confident that this time we'll all make it to our goals. Am posting on https://www.minimins.com/threads/the-20k-countdown.358086/ now. See you there!

Back