My weight loss drama - up and down and up and down and back up and back down again

NikkiEM

Hello ladies (and any gentlemen)

I shall introduce myself first, I'm Nikki, I'm nearly 21 (a week on Monday to precise), I'm a student studying Creative Writing and Journalism and am just finishing my 2nd year.

When I was 14 I went on WW and lost about 1 - 1 and a half stones, can't remember exactly, I went from nearly a size 14 to a size 10 :) (Uk clothing sizes)

I maintained my weight at healthy level between 9 st and 10 and half stone until I was about 18/19 and varied between a size 10 - 12, sometimes an 8.

When I was 18 I got glandular fever and lost a lot of weight, I was a size 8 - 10. Then not long after that I had a huge outbreak of eczema, I had lots of steroid tablets, which makes you put on weight and it did. I ballooned to over 12 and a half stone - the biggest I had been a long time. I was a size 12 to 14, kidding myself sometimes I could still get into a 10 - more of a squeeze lol.

So, I decided to do something about it, last year I lost just over a stone and a half, by myself, by cutting down. It was lent and I wanted to give something up, I didn't eat a lot of choc, my portions were just too big, so chocolate seemed silly. I thought of pasta but being vege and a student it is a stapple in my diet. So I decided on bread, I ate a lot of bread. So for lent I gave up bread, and I stuck to it, but because I was doing that I decided I would cut down generally, so I did and it worked, like I said i lost over a stone and a half.

So over the last year I have tried to eat healthy, joined the gym and everything seemed to be okay, until the winter, I put on about half a stone, maybe a little more.

I started to eat healthy again, a lost a couple of pounds or so, but then got disheartened because it was slow and put it all back on again, complied with stress for uni essays and exams as well.

I'm trying to come to terms with being happy as who I am. I will never be a stick thin size 6 - 8. I vary in sizes between shops, on a average I am a size 10-12, occassionally an 8 in some shops like Dorothy Perkins and Next and sometimes I am a 14 because I have large breasts and 10s and 12s don't always accomdate for them. I am happy being the clothes size I am, but I want to be a healthy weight and tone up my wobbly bits.

So after much deliberation and trying so hard by myself and not being able to lose a single pound I decided to join weight watchers again.

In my first 2 weeks I lost 3.5 pounds, which I was super happy about and today I get weighed again. Hopefully I will lose at least a pound, cus I was a bit naughty on Sat and had a fair few drinks and then some McDonalds chips, but I went to the gym Sunday and was good all last week and have been good since Saturday night. So fingers crossed for me please :]

Nikki x

Last edited:
Okay, so it was weigh-in night last night.

Only lost half a pound. Bad effort.

Let's hope for 1 - 2 next week eh?

Thank you for your comments, that's really sweet of you. It's judgement day again tomorrow and then I jet off to Egypt on Thursday for 2 weeks yay! I will be taking my WW stuff with me to try and keep on track. But fingers crossed and here's to hoping I've lost some more weight to look good in my bikinis :]

Back