My weight loss journey... go hard or go home

Had a great weekend but not so good on the healthy eating, whoops! I ate 2 donuts yesterday and we had ice-cream in Eddie Rockets on Friday night so I'm going to work extra hard at my kettlebells this week!

Breakfast: beans on wholegrain toast

This is what I do for my workout. I've been doing it everyday since last week. It is light enough for my injuries but tough enough to make me sweat.

It takes about 30 minutes

1. 1 handed swing – 10 reps, 2 sets each side
  2. Squats – 10 reps, 3 sets
  3. 2 handed kettlebell swing – 10 reps, 3 sets
  4. Reaching Romanian deadlift – 10 reps, 2 sets each side
  5. 2 arm kettlebell row – 10 reps, 3 sets
  6. Kettlebell figure 8 – build up to 1 minute without a break
  7. Right basic
  8. Left basic
  9. V-step
  10. Hamstring curl
(7-10 are done on an aerobic step, I plan to introduce weights to the step once I build up my stamina)

On top of that I walk my dogs, never less than an hour, everyday. I have a great dane and a jack russell, both of whom are young dogs so it's a very active walk.

Lunch: Chicken noodle cup of soup and a snack pack of jacobs crackers

Dinner: chicken curry with red and yellow peppers and onions, yummers!

Last edited:
Had a bold day today but we were out and about all day so just marked it down as a treat day and back on the wagon tomorrow.

Breafast: chips and small coke from mcdonalds (breakfast on the run)

Lunch: Hot chocolate and a very small slice of cheesecake which I only had 4 bites of (it was horrible, it had coconut in it yuck!)

Dinner: 2 slices of pizza with chicken, ham, onion and cheese and two pieces of a garlic bread baguette, mint choc milkshake (divine!) and half a glass of home made lemonade (yummy but so hard to drink loads of)

I had some bad news this morning about my ankle. My physio has finished as the physio said there's nothing else he can do. My foot is still seriously swollen and so painful. I'm going to my GP tomorrow to get referred privately for a second opinion as the consultant I saw in the public hospital basically couldn't care less. So it's probably still months away from being sorted out.

I also got good news this morning. The guy that was driving the van that hit me is going to be prosecuted for dangerous driving :)

Breakfast: beans on wholegrain toast

Lunch: salmon salad with lettuce, cucumber and scallions

Dinner: chili (my favourite dinner!), made with extra red kidney beans and brown rice

I was certified fit to return to work today. Finally after 6 months things are starting to return to normal. Still in so much pain and the swelling is so bad but I have my private appointment in my sights so I don't feel too disheartened.

Breakfast: chai latte and 2 pieces of brioche

Lunch: 2 very small (2 bites and one was gone) wholemeal blaas, ham, cheese and red onion

Dinner: chicken carbonara

Not a great day but I had a lot on my mind with everything going on so I won't beat myself up too much.

So bad today, ate hardly anything. We spent 3 hours last night chasing two mice around our hall. At least one mouse is still in the house, one ran out the door but we think there was more than two to begin with, so I spent today running errands in town and putting down traps, poison and setting up those electronic transmitter things. It was 3 o'clock by the time I sat down and in all the chaos I realised I hadn't taken any meat out of the freezer for dinner so we had to go with something quick so we had homemade fish and chips, could have been worse lol!

I think your doing amazingly well considering your not as mobile as you would like to be, and glad to hear the driver will get his comeuppance. Good luck for the future

Thank you, good luck to you.

I was in work yesterday and today and it was tough getting used to everything again but I did well with regard to food. Had a treat today for lunch with the girls. We always used to meet up every Friday for lunch so today was our first reunion so I had a treat but I was good yesterday and good the rest of today. Really busy weekend with the house, have 2 floors to put down, a room to paint and a load of furniture to put together so am going to try to stick to everything 100% so I can get a good loss next weigh-in :)

For the first time ever I'm a bit fearful of my weigh-in this week. I haven't had a gain since I started SW so I really hope I don't start now. I have 6lbs to lose to get into the 14s and I'm hoping to do that by 14th November, 3 weigh-in's time. I just hope I'm doing enough. I have already lost about a third of the weight I want to lose so I'm trying to concentrate on being positive about my good work so far.

I've had a bit of a bold weekend though, mainly my saboteur's fault sadly so he's under strict instructions to STOP! lol

I love my OH dearly but we've had the "SW chat" - he's been oh so supportive all the way along (but the ******* dropped a stone and a half in 6 weeks by running 5k every day & giving up one - just one of his chip shop dinners a week) but he'd bring home wine and just not one bottle - but one for him, one for me and one for Ron - you know the lateron bottle ... and BIG bags of those handmade crisps or crackers and fruited wensleydale at least once a week and sometimes I just would have made do with a cup of tea but greedy me could not resist.
So now he brings me pineapples, carrs cheese crackers, strawberries and flowers - not all at the same time, as he's a man after all. Or if I say I'd like drink then we share a half bottle of vodka (cos we know we can as easily share a bottle).

Feel very happy to have stayed the same this week. I had a terrible weekend and a bad week. It was my boyfriend's dad's first anniversary today so we've been struggling in the run up to it.

Hoping to kick start everything again tomorrow, kind of just need to get my head together again after today.

My bf is a terror for buying himself take away (he is a skinny minny) and picking up something for me even if I have eaten my dinner. Drives me nuts! I have thrown out some food though, so I'm starting to show resistance :)

Back