My Weight Loss Journey

Stuck to plan yesterday although I had to change my meals around a bit. Really craving for some cannelloni, so hopefully making that tonight. I'm really proud of myself as yesterday I could have easily done a bit of emotional eating at night, but I stopped myself and had some green tea and an Alpen Light instead and that stopped me. Just tried to focus my attention elsewhere and called a friend for a chat :)

Green today:

Breakfast: 2 pears
Lunch- Vegetable Soup and 3 Ryvita CrackerBreads (.5HEB) with Chickpea dip
Snack-Onken FF vanilla yogurt with 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner: Spinach Cannelloni (2 HEA for Cheese + 1HEB Extra Cheese) with Gem Lettuce Ceasar Salad (.5 syn for dressing)
Snack- 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Booked Zumba, so hope I can make it!

Enhorabuena--that is so great!!! You are on a roll!

Muchas gracias hun! How did you do? I forgot to ask you. :p

Didn't have time to update my diary earlier today as I've been busy with family friends and preparing nice curries. Fortunately didn't touch any of the curries and kind of stuck to plan.
Green Day today:
Breakfast- 2 pears
Lunch- Cannelloni (3) (can't get over how delicious this is), mango
Snack- slice of madeira cake (no idea how many syns), Mini Twister (2 syns)
Dinner- Cannelloni (2), mango
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)

Might end up being a EE day as I don't think I'll fit any more HEB's in today.
Water: only .5 litre today!!!
Exercise: none

Need to focus on drinking more water today as yesterday only managed to get .5 litre down. Hoping to stick to plan this weekend as no parties, invites or friends coming over.
Cannelloni is finished :( Think I'm hooked on them now and the kids also love them. Need to find some more new recipes to make next week.

Green Day:

Breakfast- 2 large Conference pears
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with 220ml Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Lunch- 2 Quorn Sausages with Stir Fried Veg with Soy Sauce
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt + 2 clementines
Dinner: (EDITED) 100g AH Cous Cous (.5syn)
Snack: 2 Alpen Light (6 syns)

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: WII Exercises

Last edited:
Lost 3lb this past Monday, we'll see about the Monday coming up :)

Well done hun! That's excellent weight loss! I'm not sure about this coming week. I have some cheese in the fridge I brought from France and I will eat it. I'm going to make tartiflette. Have you heard of it?

800px-Tartiflette_and_Fried_Ham.jpg

Well done hun! That's excellent weight loss! I'm not sure about this coming week. I have some cheese in the fridge I brought from France and I will eat it. I'm going to make tartiflette. Have you heard of it?

Never heard of it before, but looked it up just now. Unfortunately can't eat this as I don't eat pork, but it does look delicious. Hope you are making this kind of SW friendly :) Enjoy! I miss tortilla de patata and need to find a good recipe that tastes like the original.

I know what you mean. I haven't found a good replacement for Tortilla yet. I tried doing one at a BBQ not long ago. I sliced the potatoes and boiled them instead of frying them. It was pretty rank but my BF and his family said it was nice. They are English and I know what a tortilla should be like. That SW tortilla was not nice. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. You must try it and tell me your opinion.

I know what you mean. I haven't found a good replacement for Tortilla yet. I tried doing one at a BBQ not long ago. I sliced the potatoes and boiled them instead of frying them. It was pretty rank but my BF and his family said it was nice. They are English and I know what a tortilla should be like. That SW tortilla was not nice. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. You must try it and tell me your opinion.

Have to find the recipie someone posted on here a while ago and give it a try, but don't think there will be any comparison. Oh well I'll just stick to my favorite recipe at the moment - cannellonis :) How did your tartiflette go?

Ended up going to a friends house last night and spent the night there so had to modify my dinner and just took some clementines, AH Cous Cous and some Alpen Lights to have there at night. Stuck to plan :)

Green Day:
Breakfast (at friends house)- Fried Mushrooms, 1/2 can baked beans and 2 warburton wholemeal toast (HEB)
Snack (at home)- Mini Twister (2 syns)
Lunch- 4 Ryvita CrackerBreads (not a full HEB, but couldn't eat more) with Quark mixed with wilted spinach, salt and pepper- yummy! 1 mango
Snack- Activia FF yogurt and 1 clementine
Dinner: 1/2 pack of SuperFree Low Fat Noodles with Veg Stir Fry and 2 Quorn Sausages
Snack- Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon tea
EDITED (after world cup snack)- another 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns)

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: None, but cleaning up all the leaves in the garden (must count for something)

Last edited:
Have to find the recipie someone posted on here a while ago and give it a try, but don't think there will be any comparison. Oh well I'll just stick to my favorite recipe at the moment - cannellonis :) How did your tartiflette go?

I've not had it yet. I haven't got round to cooking it this weekend because my boyfriend wanted to cook. Last night he made SW beef curry (delicious!) and tonight I'm having chicken escalope with sautee spicy potatoes and salad. Yummmie!!! I love this meal. It's a recipe from Gordon Ramsay!

aimg_6457-500x333.jpg

Well done in sticking to plan hun! You beat the demons! :D

Please send me the cannelloni recipe. I bought all the SW recipe books - is it in there? can't find it.

ENHORABUENA!!!!WE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOHOOOOOOOO!!!
This good news and another tomorrow for my WI would make my day!!!!!!

I've not had it yet. I haven't got round to cooking it this weekend because my boyfriend wanted to cook. Last night he made SW beef curry (delicious!) and tonight I'm having chicken escalope with sautee spicy potatoes and salad. Yummmie!!! I love this meal. It's a recipe from Gordon Ramsay!

aimg_6457-500x333.jpg

Well done in sticking to plan hun! You beat the demons! :D

Please send me the cannelloni recipe. I bought all the SW recipe books - is it in there? can't find it.

That looks mouthwatering!!!!

Here is the recipe for the cannelloni, but it's only for 2 people:
Blanche some spinach (around 120g) in boiling water, squeeze well and chop fine. Mix 60g cottage cheese and 60g quark together and then add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
Meanwhile make the tomato sauce by sautéing some onions and garlic in oil spray. Add some dried chillies, 1 tins of plum tomatoes, salt, pepper & a touch of sweetner. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Pour the tomato sauce in an oven dish, stuff cannelloni tubes with the quark/cottage cheese & spinach mixture and arrange on the tomato sauce (should take 8 tubes). Grate 20g cheddar and mix about 1/3 with a 250g tub of quark. Add an egg and season, mix well. Pour over the cannelloni and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for about 40 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. (This recipe is only for 2 Servings).

Really can't get over the win from last night. Was watching the game and getting so nervous had to come online to calm my nerves a bit and then what do you know a goal!!!!! Over the moon really and the celebrations don't stop as it's my little one's bday today :) Will definately treat myself to some cake to celebrate tonight after WI.
Have stuck to plan quite well this past week, but definately drank less water, so hope that doesn't affect my weight. Really want to step on the scales, but will just try to patiently wait for WI later.

Measured my waist today and I'm down to 34 inches (and think it was about 44 inches before!!)...can't believe I'd ever get to this size again. Onwards and downwards!

Red Day today:
Breakfast- 42g AllBran (HEB) + 220ml skimmed milk (HEA)
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt + 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)
Lunch: Vegetable Soup and 2 Quorn Sausages
Dinner (after WI)- EDITED ..5 a Naan with Spinach and Potatoe Curry
Snack- 2 Slices of Bday cake (at least 40 syns!!!)

Water:1.0 Litre
Exercise: 20 mins exercise bike, arm exercises

Last edited:
WI RESULTS: Lost 1.5lbs, it's great as it's a loss, but think if I would have had more water I probably would have lost more. Only .5lb away from my 4.5 stone mini goal :)
Just edited what I had last night because although I did have planned a healthy dinner I kind of went off track and had the first thing in site, which was the potatoe and spinach curry I had made for OH and the kids and half of a naan. Also had 2 pieces of the cake instead of 1( one for the World Cup final the other for my son's bday), but oh well, it's all part of sticking to this new way of eating (indulging in a few naughty things every now and then and then getting back on track). Definately back on track today!!
Forgot to mention that yesterday I went out and bought 3 pairs of jeans (2 size 12's and 1 size 10). The size 12's can actually button and zip up, so really happy, although they are a bit tight on the legs, so will wait a few more weeks to wear them. The size 10's are to keep me going on my journey :) That is my final target!

Having a Red Day today:
Breakfast: 42g All Bran (HEB) with 220 ml skimmed milk (HEA), cherries
Lunch: Veg Soup with 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (.5HEB) with Quark with Spinach Dip and 4 Crabsticks
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 clementines
Dinner: 2 slices of Grilled Fish with Ceasar Salad (1 syn dressing)
Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns), Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None

Last edited:
Hi Meli, congrats on the weight loss after not being 100%. 1.5lbs loss is great! My WI is tomorrow. Not too sure about how i've done this week. I hope I haven't put on.

So happy that Spain won the World Cup! they deserved it. Dirty dutch. lol!

I wish i was size 12! Long way to go yet. I bet you are all motivated now that you bought size 10 jeans! (maybe I should do the same?) hahah! good idea, ta!

Yes ditto!! Well done on the size 12 jeans!!! My ultimate dream! Actually size 10 would be nice, but I'm not sure that will ever happen!! I'll see how I feel when I get to size 12!! Well done hun and I'm positive you'll get that 4 1/2 stone sticky next week!!XXX

Lost 2 lbs this week! So happy!!

...And co-won slimmer of the week again with someone in the group. My group was the smallest ever! (only 5 people in total - shocking!)

I was a bit aprehensive about this week because this weekend I had 2 hot chocolate drinks (I put a lot of nesquick powder in my hot chocolate drink- about 3 tbsp!!).

It just shows how you can still enjoy your syns and lose weight. I am over the moon! 2lbs loss!!! wooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooooo haaaaaaaappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going for my half-stone sticker next week. I need to lose 1.5 lbs to get it.

How did you girls do this week?

Back