My Weight Loss Journey

No te desesperes guapa que la próxima semana perderás. Yes, try red days. That's what I am doing.

4 lbs off for me this week and won slimmer of the week. Very pleased.

Groovy: Enhorabuena on your 4lb loss! Seguro que te sientes de maravilla! Sigue lo que estas haciendo que te esta dando resultados :)

I went through a red phase and it did seem to work!! I think the last 1 1/2 stone could be testing for both of us and it's important to vary things to keep our bodies on their toes!! So I'm also going to enter a red phase!! Dammit, I bought 6 packets of Pasta n Sauce today!! LOL!XXX

Well my C said on Monday that I can't always expect a big loss, so not to get my hopes up too high because it may be a bit more difficult to get those big losses as I'm reaching closer to target. I'm not really bothered as long as I am going in the right direction it's that much closer to my target :) So I think we are in the same boat my slimming buddy!

A bit confused on what to do as I popped on the scales and I'm about 2 lb more. Not sure whether I should switch to Greens again? Maybe it's my * week coming up? Any advice?

Well decided to keep on with the Reds for the rest of the week and see how I get on at WI on Monday. Going to try to stay away from the scales.
Have guests coming on Saturday and Sunday and some of OH's family staying for one week with me from Monday onwards, so it's going to definately be a challenge, but will just take it 1 day at a time.

Red Day:
Breakfast- 42g All Bran (HEB) + 220ml skimmed milk (HEA) with a handful of raspberries
Lunch- Veg Soup with Grilled Chicken Breast
Snack- Acitivia FF Yogurt and 2 clementines
Dinner: Mushroom Stir Fry Veg with Pasta (HEB) and Grilled CatFish
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Tea with Lemon, Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Zumba tonight :D

Well my C said on Monday that I can't always expect a big loss, so not to get my hopes up too high because it may be a bit more difficult to get those big losses as I'm reaching closer to target.

That's exactly what I've been told.

Don't pay attention to your scales. The weight changes and your scales probably needs calibrating. I know mine do! Also if it's your TOTM it will affect it - but don't worry 'cos the week after that you will see a big loss!

Thanks for the encouragement by the way, i didn't thank you, did I? :D What are you cooking for your guests?

Groovy: do you keep a food diary? Would be interesting to see what you are having to eat.

Zumba last night was just what I needed and could feel every muscle working out! Thank goodness I got a slot for next week too as it's the only real exercise I enjoy and get a really good workout from.

Have not stepped on the scales again although am really tempted to. Might just put them up in the loft out of sight for some time.

Busy day today cleaning up before all my guests arrive starting tomorrow so I'm sure that counts as my exercise for today.

Red Day today:

Breakfast (while cleaning the rooms upstairs)- Green Lemon tea with 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)

Lunch- Vegetable Soup, 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbreads (3 syns) with 6 Crabsticks

Snack- Activia FF yogurt and 2 clementines

Dinner- Grilled Chicken with Stir Fry Veg with Pasta (HEB) and Fried Mushrooms

Snack- 3 Mini Twisters (8 syns), Curly Wurly (5 or 6 syns), Activia FF yogurt with raspberries

Exercise: Cleaning up the house and Dancing while cleaning to sounds of Rianna (old CD)

Last edited:
Was starving last night, but tried to stick to the low syn things to fill up, but will have to reduce my syns for today and tomorrow to make up for it. My friend and her kids are coming over in the afternoon and will be staying the night, so really hope I can stick to plan today.

Wanted to have a full week of reds to experiment, but I think it's going to be easier for me to follow green today:

Breakfast- 42g All Bran (HEB) and 220ml Skimmed Milk (HEA), raspberries
Lunch- Egg, baked beans and chips
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 clementines, 1 pear
Dinner: Fried Mushrooms with AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5syn)
Snack - 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Skinny Cow HC with 0% Total (2 syns)

Water: 1.5litres
Exercise: None

Managed to stick to plan yesterday (although there were so many temptations as we went to the Asian Mela "fun fair" and I bought food for my guests and the kids and the smell of Asian samosas, pakore, chaat, curries, naan was all over the place). Gosh that took some strong willpower and my friend kept saying "just have a bit, it won't hurt", but my will to look good for my holiday won :) This is also the same friend that always says "I have to be skinnier than you", so that also helped keep me on plan as I wanted to show how determined I was.
* week has begun, so no wonder I was having all those cravings. Hopefully should be okay now as I normally get the cravings before I start.
Babysitting my friends kids today so have 6 to keep entertained (hope it doesn't rain so I can take them out).

Sticking to Green today:

Breakfast (need a big one to keep my energy going with these kids)- Egg, Baked Beans and Fried Mushrooms and 1 piece of Warburton toast (.5HEB)

Lunch- Half a pack of SuperNoodles LowFat Sweet Thai Chilli with Stir Fry Veg and Prawns (HEB)

Dinner- Will try to make the Quorn Moussaka tonight (time allowing)

Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (.5HEB + 3 syns), 1 Mini Twister (2 syns)

Exercise: Running after the kids (lol!)

Well done Mel!, it takes a lot of willpower to say no to food that smells so inviting, I think when your so determind to lose it, it does help and hey when were at are ideal weight we can then have the occasional treat, but I find when i'm focused I find it easier to keep on track!

Thanks Nikkiruth! It definately is hard, but trying my best. Have guests all week until Monday and then have an Asian wedding to go to on Monday, so again lots of yummy food everywhere. I think it helps that I have a holiday coming up in the next 3 weeks, so the pressure is there to lose.

WI results: None as I didn't go to group due to guests and being on the otherside of town stuck in traffic, but will try to WI at another group sometime this week. Scales at home show a 2lb gain, but think it's due to * week.

Yesterday was a rubbish day with planning, so probably why I went off a little. I had:

Breakfast: 42g All Bran (HEB) + 220 ml skimmed milk (HEA), Banana
Snack: Vanilla FF yogurt with raspberries
Lunch: Some oven chips with 2 fish fingers (not sure the syns here)
Snack2: Alpen Light (.5HEB) , Activia FF yogurt
Snack 3:clementines, 3 CrackerBread (3 syns)
Dinner: Moong Daal Curry with 1 toast (.5HEB), grapes
Snack: Mini Twister (1 syn), more of the Vanilla FF yogurt

Water: .5 litre, but had lots of Pepsi Max

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Fried Egg, Baked Beans and 2 Quorn Sausages
Snack: clementines
Lunch: AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn)
Snack: Activia FF yogurt, raspberries
Dinner:Mushroom with Stir Fry Veg and 1/2 pack of Super Noodles Fat Free
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: Will try to have more of this 1.0 litre, avoiding the Pepsi Max today

hey hun,
well i found it very interesting catching up with your diary this week!!
2 things.....first of all i have just over a stone left to go too and my losses have slowed too! and second ive done a lot of red days in last two weeks ans sts this week!
you are sooooo good when you have visitors!!!

hey hun,
well i found it very interesting catching up with your diary this week!!
2 things.....first of all i have just over a stone left to go too and my losses have slowed too! and second ive done a lot of red days in last two weeks ans sts this week!
you are sooooo good when you have visitors!!!

Oh well as long as we get to destination "target" (and maintain it once we do) that's the main thing :)

Well wasn't as good as I should have been yesterday and had a small bowl of the briyani my friend made, but rest of time stuck to plan.

Woke up early this morning (despite going to bed at 3am!!!) and started making my veg soup to last me throughout this week.

Green Day planned and hope to stick to it today:

Breakfast- 42g All Bran (HEB)and Skimmed Milk (HEA) with 1 pear with Vanilla Onken FF Yogurt

Lunch (before hitting the shops with guests)- Egg, Baked Beans, 2 Quorn Sausages

Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 clementines

Dinner: Bowl of Veg Soup, AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn)

Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Melon

Water: 1.0 litre (can't drink much otherwise will have to go to the toilet again and again while shopping)
Exercise:None, Zumba is booked for tomorrow though :) Hope I can make it as guests want to go to a theme park !!!

Meli, I have 2 weeks of red days = eating vegetables, salads with steak/lamb/chicken/fish. No potatoes, no rice, no milk, some bread but not every day. Not using all my syns. Quite boring and sad really.

But I do this to give my body a shock and a boost in order to lose more weight. After 2 weeks of doing the above, I just choose any meals from Slimming World's recipe books (pasta, risotto, potatoes, etc). And I do this for another 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks, I go back to the original days for 2 weeks.. And so on... and so on...

Been so good that I lost 7 lbs this week! I can't believe it because I went out for a birthday meal at Wagamama's and I had that delicious katsu curry chicken meal. Did you know they can grill it for you instead of frying it? I am over the moon!

Wow congratulations on your loss Groovy! I really don't know if I can do 2 weeks straight of reds. I seem to really struggle with them. Think my body is hooked on the carbs. Glad it is working for you though.

OH's family needed to leave tonight as they have family coming over, so I'm free until.... Saturday!!! Arggh...have more people coming over. My house is like a hotel! They are coming on Saturday and leaving on Monday. Already told my husband I don't want anyone else coming for the weekend after as it's my only chance to chill out and prepare for my holidays. So really need to keep motivated. Don't know how I'm resisting and even cooking all these things without eating them. Just yesterday for dinner I made Keema with Peas, LadyFingers with Lamb curry, vegetable rolls, chappatis and russian salad. Then for dessert there was rice pudding. I did not touch any of it although I was really craving for everything! Had a nice SW friendly dinner instead.

Today was a wierd day and not sure what it will turn out to be:

Breakfast- Egg, Baked Beans and 2 Quorn Sausages
Snack- Shapes Mango Yogurt
Lunch- Cat Fish
Snack- Crips (13 syns!!! McCoy's - tasted so good!), 2 Kelloggs Fibre Bars (2 HEB's)
Dinner (didn't do very well here) - Chicken with Spinach curry (the full works with oil) and 1/2 chappati
Snack- Mini Milk, 1 bar from the Asda Style Twix (no idea how many syns)

Still feeling hungry, so will probably have some clementines and my Green Tea later on.

Doing awful with my Body Optimize as well as I missed my Zumba class as I had to go pick up my son at Alton Towers :(

Water: What is that? Haven't even had 1 cup today! Drinking a litre before I go to bed. Not looking forward to waking up in the middle of the night!

Need a kick up the bum to get me back on track and a double lock on the door to stop more guests from coming in!

Last edited:
stomp...stomp....stomp....BOOT!

there kick up the bum swiftly delivered!!

now if you could do the same in return please,lol!

Lurverick: Thanks for that swift delivery (lol)! Returned something on your diary, although you don't seem to be struggling?

Determined to have a 100% day and reduce my syns to make up for yesterday's bad day. I'm thinking to go WI tomorrow as well as I couldn't go on Monday and won't be making this Monday's WI either. Really need to see the official figures on the scale to give me that extra push.

Green Day today:

Breakfast: 42g All Bran (HEB) + 220 ml Skimmed Milk (HEA), 2 pears
Lunch: Veg Soup and 3 Ryvita CrackerBreads (.5HEB) with Spinach and Quark dip
Snack: Onken FF Vanilla Yogurt; clementine
Dinner: 2 Quorn Sausages, Fried Mushrooms and AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5syn)
Snack: Mini Twister (2syns) and an Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Tea with Lemon

Exercise: 20 mins exercise bike, arm exercises

Just yesterday for dinner I made Keema with Peas, LadyFingers with Lamb curry, vegetable rolls, chappatis and russian salad. Then for dessert there was rice pudding. I did not touch any of it although I was really craving for everything! Had a nice SW friendly dinner instead.

Well done for resisting hun! That's great! I absolutely love russian salad.

I've been naughty today. I had 2 small chocolate donuts this morning at work. They were staring at me. I regret it and I won't do it again - they weren't worth it and I have learnt my lesson.

I am sure next week's loss won't be as great as this week (-7lbs) but I don't feel bad or anything because since I started SW i haven't put on any weight. I've always lost.

Hope you can relax soon. I know what you mean: 'entertaining' can be tiring! x

Well done for resisting hun! That's great! I absolutely love russian salad.

I've been naughty today. I had 2 small chocolate donuts this morning at work. They were staring at me. I regret it and I won't do it again - they weren't worth it and I have learnt my lesson.

I am sure next week's loss won't be as great as this week (-7lbs) but I don't feel bad or anything because since I started SW i haven't put on any weight. I've always lost.

Hope you can relax soon. I know what you mean: 'entertaining' can be tiring! x

Well it's good to treat yourself every now and then. The important thing is you are back on track today.

I have some good news and bad news. Good News is that my OH's family is no longer coming, so get to stick to plan properly. Bad News is that I went to another group for WI as I didn't WI on Monday and the scales say I put on 4lbs!!!! :cry::cry::cry:Can't believe it as I haven't been that bad, but definately think part of it must be * week. Well it's definately given me the shock I needed and will try my best to have a good week.

So up to now have lost just over 4 stone (think she said 4 stone 2lbs) and to think that I was only .5lb away from my 4.5 stone award a week and a half ago. Well onwards and downwards.

Came straight home and determined to stick on plan and also add some exercise in this week to give me an extra push.

Need to go back and read the book properly and see if I can and also try new things. While looking through the crips syn values found that taco shells are only 2.5 syns (love these)!!!

Green Day today:

Breakfast (after WI): 42g All Bran (HEB) and 220 ml skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch - Vegetable Soup with 1 Ryvita CrackerBread (1 syn) and frozen grapes
Dinner: Spaghetti Quorn Mince with Tomatoe Sauce with Grilled Spiced Courgettes
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, 2 Mini Twisters (4 syns)

Water: 1.3 litres
Exercise: Arm Exercises and Zumba Moves Dancing to my own music (25 mins)

Last edited:
Don't worry Mel, you'll show them next week! I bet you were pretty shocked. It's annoying how fast we can put it all back again. eh?

Don't worry Mel, you'll show them next week! I bet you were pretty shocked. It's annoying how fast we can put it all back again. eh?

Definately determined to have a loss next week! Saying that I have an Asian wedding to go to tomorrow night, but the plan is to eat before I go and just get one of my kids on my lap and feed them so it doesn't look like I'm not having anything. Temptations temptations.....

Stuck to plan yesterday and really enjoyed the Quorn Mince and the Courgettes were lovely. Actually ended up making them like SW chips and they tasted so nice. Will definately be making them again.

Today is another green day:

Breakfast: 42g All Bran (HEB) + 220ml skimmed milk (HEA) with Blueberries

Lunch- Bowl of Veg Puree with 3 Wholegrain CrackerBread (3 syns) with Spinach and Quark Dip, 2 clementines

Snack- Total 0% yogurt with Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate (2syns)

Dinner: Baked Potatoe topped with Bolognaise Quorn Mince from yesterday (mixing some Kidney Beans in it too)

Snack- frozen grapes; 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with my Tetley's Green Lemon Tea

Last edited:
Back