My Weight Loss Journey

Hey hun, good luck for WI tonight! Regarding the mp3 player for your dad, have you had a look on eBay? Or even check out the Argos catalogue, they have loads of cheap ones that do the job :)

Have a lovely day xxx

I got a Ipod Shuffle 2nd Generation one as I have one like this (although my husband always uses it) and it has been very reliable. Hope he likes it. Now need to download some music for him.

Thanks for the Good Luck and really need some good news tonight after last weeks WI. I am hoping for a loss as I've stuck to plan, but we'll see (scales are still in the loft- so no sneak peaks).

Have been busy all morning and almost finished with my packing, which means I can just relax (as much as I can with 3 kids in the house) for the rest of this week. Made a big batch of veggie soup last night, so this should last me for the week.

Green day today:

Brunch (at 2pm, busy all morning)- Egg, Baked Beans, Quorn Sausages, 2 piece of Warburton toast (HEB)
Snack- 2 clementines, Strawberries, Activia FF yogurt
Dinner (after WI)- Vegetable Soup, Chickpea and Spinach Curry with 1 homemade chapatti (not sure of syns- made with just some Elephant atta wholewheat flour and water).
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Tea with Lemon, Mini Twister (2 syns), frozen grapes

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: arm exercises

I think I might be the only person on here that doesn't want to weigh themselves between weigh ins! Then again, I feel left out when everyone else is hiding their batteries or leaving their scales at their parents' house or locking them up in the loft! That would fail for me though anyway hahaha, as we have a lifetime supply of batteries in our house, I live with my parents, and my bedroom is the loft :p

What I do with my rotis is write down 1 syn per 10 grams once I've made it. Usually mine come out to be 60 grams but then I don't feel like eating the whole one so I half it, 3 syns. In the book it says a 5.5g roti is 6 syns, so I base my syn estimation on that :)

Can I ask what you put in your veg soup? I want to make some and keep digging out the superspeed soup recipe but don't think I can face that many beans! xxx

I think I might be the only person on here that doesn't want to weigh themselves between weigh ins! Then again, I feel left out when everyone else is hiding their batteries or leaving their scales at their parents' house or locking them up in the loft! That would fail for me though anyway hahaha, as we have a lifetime supply of batteries in our house, I live with my parents, and my bedroom is the loft :p

What I do with my rotis is write down 1 syn per 10 grams once I've made it. Usually mine come out to be 60 grams but then I don't feel like eating the whole one so I half it, 3 syns. In the book it says a 5.5g roti is 6 syns, so I base my syn estimation on that :)

Can I ask what you put in your veg soup? I want to make some and keep digging out the superspeed soup recipe but don't think I can face that many beans! xxx

Thanks I rarely eat roti as I never know how to syn them, but will use your method.

For the veg soup I made yesterday I just put 1 large onion, 3 big leeks, 3 good sized carrots, 1 of those long red peppers and also added some spring onions that were almost going bad. I just use a bit of frylight to get the onions and leeks a bit soft and then just add the rest of the ingredients and add boiling water and 1 tsp of mild curry powder. Let it simmer for about 20-30 mins and then I just purree it and add salt and fresh pepper. My kids love it too and it's a good way to get the vegetables in.

WI results: Lost 6lbs and got my Shiny 4.5 stone sticker. My C wants me to enter the competition to be on the Slimming World cover, but would like to lose more and then enter :) Over the moon today!

WI results: Lost 6lbs and got my Shiny 4.5 stone sticker. My C wants me to enter the competition to be on the Slimming World cover, but would like to lose more and then enter :) Over the moon today!

Wow! Well done Meli!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you (I am also very jealous!!)

I've been having a crap week myself (been ill with a bad cold and sorethroat. Not wanted to continue with diet. Wanting comfort food all the time to feel better, etc.) Also my group got cancelled as it was only a trial (and didn't work out) and instead of weighing on Wednesdays it'll be Thursdays (until September anyway - then I'll change to Tuesday weigh ins).

I'm not expecting to lose much this week but hopefully I haven't put it on! lol! I wish i got my 4.5 sticker already! :p

10st10lbs/AmyS/NikkiP/Groovy: Thanks for your comments. It goes to prove how we shouldn't give up after a bad week and we can still lose weight if we quickly get back on plan 100%.

I got home after WI and thought about having a few naughty things, but I didn't and stuck to plan. Have been quite busy today with the kids and keeping them entertained. Not happy to read on the internet that there may be some air strikes in Spain on the same day I'm travelling!!! Really hope that it doesn't affect my flight, but will have to wait and see???

Green Day today:
Breakfast- 1 banana, 2 pears, 42g All Bran (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch-Big Bowl of Vegetable Puree and 6 Ryvita Crackerbread (HEB- 2 of them with leftover spread from my cannelloni's for dinner)
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 clementines
Dinner: Spinach Cannellonis (only 1 HEA for cheese, made the filling with Quark) with side salad
Snack- Frozen blueberries, 1 Alpen Light (forgot the syns- think it's 3) with Green Lemon Tea and Mini Twister (2 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None

Stuck to plan yesterday and had to wake up early (3am) to make breakfast for OH and my oldest son as fasting (Ramadan) has started. As I was awake at 3am didn't feel like having a big breakfast with them, so just had 2 clementines. I'm not fasting today as * week has come back again- must be my hormones! For breaking of the fast I'll be cooking so many tempting things (pakore, samosa, chaat, curry and naan), but need to try to steer clear of them.

Red Day today:
3am- 2 clementines
Breakfast- 42g All Bran (HEB) + skimmed milk (HEA), 2 peaches
Lunch- Vegetable Soup + 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (.5HEB) with 9 crabsticks
Snack- Activia FF yogurt and frozen blueberries
Dinner: EDITED- TROUBLE!!! 3 mini spring rolls,5 pakore and had a whole pot of the Onken Vanilla yogurt (think this happened as I ran out of the chicken breast when I was making the curry for OH and went to Asda to get some prawns instead and they were all out of them and just needed a quick fix when I got home). I know I'll feel guilty about it tomorrow.
Snack- Alpen Light with Green Lemon Tea

Last edited:
Not a good dinner at all yesterday and although I know I have only myself to blame, OH didn't help as he kept saying that the pakores tasted different this time around. Shouldn't have had that 1 as I couldn't stop at just 1- arggh... Oh well I think I've paid for it today as this morning I had a really bad stomach (at least it's all flushed out of my system after some bad diaorrehea - sorry for all the info).
No * day today, so wierd, but oh well...started the fast today and woke up again at around 3am to make food for everyone.

Green Day today:
3am food Breakfast- 42g All Bran(HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), clementine and banana, Green Lemon Tea and 2 cups of water

Lunch/Snack- None due to fasting

Dinner (at around 8:47pm)- 1 Date to break the fast (need to look up the syns), Thirst is my first need, so will definately have 2-3 glasses of water, Cous Cous (.5 syn), 3 Quorn Sausages, Mushrooms and a Fried Egg

Snack- Activia FF yogurt with Frozen Blueberries, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Tea, Mini Milk (2 syns)

More water before going to bed to wake up at 3am again.
Exercise: Arm Exercises

Hey hun, I missed sehri today :( Was gonna stay up till then, but got tired around 1am, so went to bed and then turned my alarm off once it started beeping :( Hope your first fast isn't too difficult. One date is 2.5 syns, they're quite heavy you know! Also if they're the ones with the almonds in, it'll be a bit more :)

xxx

Oh gosh it's hard enough fasting can't imagine not waking up for Sehri and staying hungry/thirsty all day. Do try to wakeup as you can get weak and pass out?
Stuck to plan yesterday and didn't feel hungry, so a good first day of fasting. It's 4:40am and can't go back to bed, maybe I'm too excited about my trip (2 more days to go). We are off to London tonight (to stay for the weekend) as our flight leaves from there, so will break my fast on the road today. Need to take some food with me as well so I can stick to plan while I'm in London.

Green Day today:
3:30am breakfast- Activia FF yogurt, 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), 2 clementines, Green Lemon tea and 3 glasses of water

Lunch/Snacks- None Fasting

Dinner (on the road)- Date (2.5 syns), Quorn Sausages on a Wholewheat bun (think this is a HEB?)with ketchup (1 syn), Blueberries

Snack (once in London)- Packet of SuperNoodles Low Fat, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea. If I'm still hungry will have fruit.

Still in London...leaving for my flight tomorrow. Have been trying to be good, but yesterday at night was invited to break the fast and think I overdid it. Had Pizza, kebab, fish, pasta, chicken strips, fruit, chaat, but at least I skipped dessert
Won't be updating this diary while I'm away on holiday for the next 3 weeks. Have decided to enjoy my time in Spain and just try to make wiser choices while I'm there.

See everyone in 3 weeks time and good luck on your losses :)

Still in London...leaving for my flight tomorrow. Have been trying to be good, but yesterday at night was invited to break the fast and think I overdid it. Had Pizza, kebab, fish, pasta, chicken strips, fruit, chaat, but at least I skipped dessert
Won't be updating this diary while I'm away on holiday for the next 3 weeks. Have decided to enjoy my time in Spain and just try to make wiser choices while I'm there.

See everyone in 3 weeks time and good luck on your losses :)

Hey hun, have a whale of a time in Spain! There are so many healthy options! I know I overdid it on many counts with the deep fried calamare, bread, cheese, alioli etc etc but I also had lots of healthy choices too!! All will be revealed tomorrow of course! The main thing is that you enjoy yourselves and you've done magnificently well to get to your 4.5 stone, perhaps a bit of lenience on yourself is due!! Enjoyoo!!X

it's another ½ lb off for me this week. I've been having a really hard time! Been ill... and to make myself feel better i've been eating what I should not have!

I'm doing it properly today (although i'm finding it extremelly difficult). Thursday weigh in - will let u know how it goes. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

Enjoy your time in Spain (can't believe it's for 3 weeks! i'm so jealous!)

Back